Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:28:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitspend has an amazing first week!  (Read 3990 times)
Bitspend.net (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:35:55 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2013, 10:41:17 PM by Bitspend.net

Bitspend has had an awesome first week bringing purchasing freedom to bitcoin owners, giving our community the ability to buy anything, anywhere, anytime. The orders have been flooding in with a 99% success rate. The 1% of issues had nothing to do with Bitspend but rather with the merchants not being able to ship certain items to the client.

Orders have come in from Australia, Canada, Germany, South Africa, Japan, United States and more. Site traffic is very high, we've had to increase our bandwidth at least 4 times already.

Trust, security, ease and anonymity are incredibly important to Bitspend and so far our clients have enjoyed our service. We will be releasing some new features this coming week as well so please check us out at http://www.bitspend.net

Tell us about your experience with Bitspend.net. We'd love to hear about it!

PinkBatman

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:39:26 PM

This is great news! I was just looking around for something I can try the service with.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 09:43:03 PM

grats to you guys, it's great seeing all these businesses spring up.
Bitspend.net (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:43:13 PM

The funniest story from this week now that you mention it: a gentleman sent us his grocery list. I'm sure he was trying to push us to the limit but it worked perfectly. We received his list of items, we ordered them for him and they were delivered on time. With some of our coming tools this will become even more easy. We couldn't be more thrilled with how things are going.
BlackBison

Activity: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:45:34 PM

Great site design, love it

dayasinfo

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:28:45 PM

I really like the site design and will use in the future
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:53:39 PM

Awesome job with BitSpend.net. Simple idea and perfect execution. This is the kind of thing that will bring Bitcoin to the world.
BitSpend

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 12:15:27 AM

Awesome job with BitSpend.net. Simple idea and perfect execution. This is the kind of thing that will bring Bitcoin to the world.

Just wait!  You guys haven't seen anything yet  Grin 

James, our head of top-secret-stuff, is about ready to allow me the honor of releasing our newest features and I cannot wait!  What we have coming will completely streamline the process of ordering with Bitspend, and will make ordering anything with Bitcoins easier than ever before.

We look forward to serving all of you in the Bitcoin community, and allowing you to finally spend those Bitcoins on anything, anywhere!

jayleno

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:17:09 AM

Just wait!  You guys haven't seen anything yet  Grin 

James, our head of top-secret-stuff, is about ready to allow me the honor of releasing our newest features and I cannot wait!  What we have coming will completely streamline the process of ordering with Bitspend, and will make ordering anything with Bitcoins easier than ever before.

We look forward to serving all of you in the Bitcoin community, and allowing you to finally spend those Bitcoins on anything, anywhere!

Can you use 3rd party escrow with BitSpend?
BitSpend

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 12:24:07 AM

Can you use 3rd party escrow with BitSpend?

As of now no.  We know your trust is the hardest thing we have to earn as a company, but we are off to a great start.  Over $7,000 in orders have been placed with us this first 5 days!!  We have an open-office policy, meaning anyone can come by our South Florida office and say hi or even ask about Bitcoins(see our address and location on the contact us page on our site). 

We operate as transparent and open as possible, so we can earn the trust of the Bitcoin community.  If you are in FL, come by Smiley

Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:24:31 AM

Can I buy a car on ebay with bitspend?
BitSpend

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 12:31:02 AM

I thought about a long and comical response to give you, but I figured the cold hard fact of a definitive answer would be best.

Can I buy a car on ebay with bitspend?

Yes. Smiley
bitracing

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:42:26 AM

great work guys, will definitely use your service one day. And lol about someone sending you a grocery list.
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:44:47 AM

I don't get the product.  It's not clear for your ringing endorsement of your own business or your web site.  It looks like you shop for a fee.  Maybe you should have a "How it works" page.

Are there other businesses that do this?  Do they make money?  I've never heard of it except for wealthy people who need their time for things other than shopping.

Sam
BitSpend

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 12:49:19 AM

I don't get the product.  It's not clear for your ringing endorsement of your own business or your web site.  It looks like you shop for a fee.  Maybe you should have a "How it works" page.

Are there other businesses that do this?  Do they make money?  I've never heard of it except for wealthy people who need their time for things other than shopping.

Sam

Quote from our home page:
"Bitspend allows anyone, to shop anywhere online, and pay with Bitcoins when the merchant does not accept them. Order your item through Bitspend, pay in Bitcoins, and we pay the merchant in their chosen format for you!"

I apologize if it isn't clear to you--maybe we need to do some work on that on our end to better clarify for those who do not know what site they are visiting.  For the most part, those who visit us know exactly what they are there... to buy anything, from any website, using your Bitcoins as payment Smiley

dayasinfo

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:51:49 AM

Any chance for Gamestop gift cards??? Or Moneypaks?
BitSpend

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 12:54:10 AM

Any chance for Gamestop gift cards??? Or Moneypaks?

We're intentionally avoiding any and all "gift cards" right now, until we have 100% legal clearance to do so, as there is a big grey area there when it comes to the Anti-Money Laundering laws, and we in no way want to violate any law which could threaten our otherwise legitimate business.

In the future, when(if) our attorneys give us the go on that, we will offer it Smiley
dayasinfo

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:55:35 AM

Okay no problem! I knew it was some legal ish :-)
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 01:02:42 AM

Sam

"Bitspend allows anyone, to shop anywhere online, and pay with Bitcoins when the merchant does not accept them. Order your item through Bitspend, pay in Bitcoins, and we pay the merchant in their chosen format for you!"

I apologize if it isn't clear to you--maybe we need to do some work on that on our end to better clarify for those who do not know what site they are visiting.  For the most part, those who visit us know exactly what they are there... to buy anything, from any website, using your Bitcoins as payment Smiley

That is on you home page only 33% of the time.  I totally missed it.  Because it's part of a display that keeps changing I ignored it while looking elsewhere for a description.
BitSpend

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:05:31 AM

Sam

That is on you home page only 33% of the time.  I totally missed it.  Because it's part of a display that keeps changing I ignored it while looking elsewhere for a description.

Don't get us wrong, we love the constructive criticism, it lets us improve our service to you.  While the majority of those who visit Bitspend know why they are there, you have a great point.  We will work to make it more clear what our service is "in a nutshell", on a more prominent area of the main page.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: