Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:54:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining litecoins in android devices  (Read 12569 times)
rmarleal (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 11:41:56 PM

Hi, I have been trying to mine litecoins in my Galaxy SIII. I have found a couple of app. They seem to work but i cant no see any transference to my litecoinpool. I dont know what am I doing wrong.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:12:47 AM

We need more details. You are not providing enough information about your issue, such as the app, the pool, the outputs, any errors, etc.

General troubleshooting:
are you signed up the pool?
do you have the pool input properly?
did you hit start mining or similar?
was there any output indicating errors or successful hashing?

rmarleal (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 07:04:28 AM

Hi, thanks for your answer...you are right....

I have registered in litecoinpool.org and i know that everything is ok because i have been mining succesfully with my computer. So i created a new worker and tried to use the phone with the second worker.

There is 3 apps that are more or less the same in the googleplay: litecoinminer,  ltcminer......

I have tried to configure either the first or the second worker but failed. The device connects to the pool and receives information, it star working and it seems to work properly but i don´t receive anything in my pool account and there is no activity resgitered.....it seems as if i were mining for another person!

I would be grateful if any of you knows of a reliable android app for this.

Thanks.
kadoban

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 08:03:32 PM

I can't imagine that the amount you could get would be worth it on any normal Android device anyway.  Even a low-end PC should be much faster for that purpose, no?
bhafner

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 10:07:14 PM

Hi,

I used both litecoinminer and ltcminer as well, and while shares where indicated on the device, nothing on the pool account interface...

Device : Galaxy Nexus

Pool : https://notroll.in/index.php
mokahless

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 05:03:05 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2013, 06:06:26 AM by mokahless

Ok so I am doing some testing on my Nexus 4 (quad, 1.5GHz). Maybe from it we can see what your issues might be or give some help.

Note that neon is an instruction set on most ARM processors. It is mainly used for media processing, such as mp3 decoding. Most notably, Nvidia chose to remove the feature from their otherwise stock ARM Cortex A9 Tegra 2 chip.

I checked the deep sleep info using CPU Spy.

App: Litecoin miner --> 0.09Kh/s (per core? output isn't clear on info)
Analysis: At this speed, you would have to wait a while to see results as it might be a while before a single share is even accepted. The Miner can't prevent deep sleep with the screen off
Bugs: Mining continues but the interface resets and doesn't provide output if you rotate the screen.
Notes: Appears to be a black themed clone of AndLTC but without neon support. I really hope this developer is more interested in keeping up with development.

App: AndLTC --> ~7.5Kh/s using neon, ~4.3Kh/s without neon
Analysis: I used to use this one on and off. It had cpu core detection issues on some of my phones.
Bugs: Mining stops if you rotate the screen. My phone went into deep sleep when I turned off the screen. console output doesn't autoscroll.
Notes: Developer appears uninterested in updating the app or fixing the issues. Purchase of pay for version not recommended.

App: LTCMiner --> 0.11Kh/s
Analysis: good interface
Bugs: Do not go to the news tab EVER, it will get stuck in a crash loop. It doesn't show hashrate when in "run in background" mode. This one also fails to keep the phone out of deep sleep with the screen off.
Notes: Enable "run in background" if you want to mine without being inside the app

I wonder if there is simply no way to prevent deep sleep with the screen off in android? Which is kinda too bad as you have to watch your idle settings and make sure it doesn't screen-off when idle and plugged in.

Hi,
I used both litecoinminer and ltcminer as well, and while shares where indicated on the device, nothing on the pool account interface...
Device : Galaxy Nexus
Pool : https://notroll.in/index.php
Mining on your phone is slow. Pools estimate your hashrate based on your submitted shares. How long did you wait for?
I have a unit at ~ 130Kh/s going that submits a share once every second.
Going by that, LTCminer should submit once every 10-20 seconds. I will report back to you if I find I have the same issue. I used to mine with it on litecoinpool.org and had no issues though. I am using notroll.in now, however. Anyway, I will edit this post to save space so watch for it.

EDIT: maybe it takes longer than I thought. I've been running my desktop Phenom IIx6 on one core at 6.44Kh/s for 6 hours. My shares submitted to notroll.in are 50. This just so happens to be the same speed of the total of all 4 cpu cores on my nexus 4 when it throttles to 1.1GHz after a while. It has been running for less than 30 minutes and has yet to submit a share.

UPDATE: since this post was first made until the edit date listed at the bottom, my nexus 4 has submitted 5 shares and my phenom II single core has submitted 7 shares. So that is how long you should wait to see reflected results. Do not expect accurate estimates at such low speeds. For example, my phenom II on notroll.in is showing 3.5Kh/s and my phone is showing 0Kh/s. This is because they base the estimate on share submissions. If your submissions are too slow, the speed will not be accurately reflected.

rmarleal (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 11:05:22 PM

Thanks, I guess it was too slow to the pool to report any data....
dirtylarry83

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:28:56 AM

Hi , I'm using AndLTC Miner on my Nexus 7. It's work fine with litecoinpool.org but new registrations are closed for the moment.

I'm looking for another pool compatible with this app' ( coinotron , notroll did'nt work always the same 403 errors  ).

Is there someone knows a pool where it's works properly ?

Thanks , Larry.
sakamoto

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:35:13 AM

Loosing time. Mining on android is too slow.
mokahless

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:05:30 AM

Hi , I'm using AndLTC Miner on my Nexus 7. It's work fine with litecoinpool.org but new registrations are closed for the moment.

I'm looking for another pool compatible with this app' ( coinotron , notroll did'nt work always the same 403 errors  ).

Is there someone knows a pool where it's works properly ?

Thanks , Larry.

There's no such thing as "compatible with this app." If it works, it works. If you are getting an error, please give more details as to the error.

At a 403 error, I am going to hazard a guess that you probably forgot to input the proper port number and instead left it at 80. But we'll need more details to figure out what is going on.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: