Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A PROBLEM OF MY BTC WALLET  (Read 1931 times)
areur3ady (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:30:56 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 09:55:40 AM by areur3ady

My BTC wallet was bitcoin core ver. 0.12.1

After sending my BTC to another address, and waiting for two days status was 0 confirmation, maybe be because the transaction fee was not enough,

So I found a solution from google, -salvagewallet, then it seemed to work

But today I try to send my BTC again, after I insert my pass-phrase, a window show up which says

assertion failed program:C:\........bitcore-qt.exe file:wallet/crypter.cpp,line 190 expression: false

if click ignore button, it says pass-phrase incorrect.

if click retry, it says runtime error.

don't know how to solve this problem
https://i.stack.imgur.com/OCoLN.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:33:57 AM

Are you sure you are using the correct passphrase?
 Smiley

After sending my BTC to another address, and waiting for two days status was 0 confirmation, maybe be because the transaction fee was not enough,

But today I try to send my BTC again, after I insert my pass-phrase, a window show up which says

assertion failed program:C:\........bitcore-qt.exe file:wallet/crypter.cpp,line 190 expression: false

areur3ady (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:49:32 PM

i am not sure. but if i insert randomly, no such result.so i guess i'm using the right passphrase.
 Smiley

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:14:31 AM

i am not sure. but if i insert randomly, no such result.so i guess i'm using the right passphrase.
 Smiley

try making a backup of you wallet.dat (just for safety sake) the reinstall bitcoin core again (dont need to delete anything but will take a while to do a scan of the blocks) sounds to me like something in bitcoin cores died

vdotcash

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 11:26:22 AM

Smiley

try making a backup of you wallet.dat (just for safety sake) the reinstall bitcoin core again (dont need to delete anything but will take a while to do a scan of the blocks) sounds to me like something in bitcoin cores died
According to https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/wallet/crypter.cpp#L190 it's failing to decrypt a key in your wallet. Shocked
Medi

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 02:55:12 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 06:16:55 PM by Medi

I registered to report im having the same problem.

I was until recently using 0.8.something of bitcoin core, until a notification told me to update. So i went and downloaded the new version, and installed in the same directory over the old install. Since doing that, my correct balance shows up in the new UI, but when i try to send them i get the same error as the OP.

I keep weekly backups, so im pretty certain i have the valid wallet that i had been using up until now (+ the correct balance is shown).

Ive tried -reindex,
I've tried a clean install, and redownloading the blockchain,
Ive tried -salvagewallet

All with the same outcome. I do have one strange transaction for a bitcoin that was never received from over a year ago, could that be causing some sort of issue? I've seen that for a long time though. Im starting to get kinda worried about the like 200 quid i have in there right now! Any help anybody can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-M
coinvc

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:40:36 AM

backup all your wallet* files. try rename wallet.(timestamp).bak to wallet.dat
ionomy

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:11:28 PM

Backup your wallet.dat files delete peers.dat, blockchain files and resync wallet. Sidenote: are there separate .dat files for each address? If so, introduce the known working ones first then in time the culprit can be found - after adding .dats ONE AT A TIME, restart the wallet to see outcome.

Let us know how you get on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: