Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:04:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro tip. Add the word dao to your coin/project  (Read 396 times)
crypto jerk (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:30:35 AM

Profit large, add the word dao to your stuff.

Even before eth was scammng people with the dao unicorns, we all knew dash was a dao.

Fucking rofl. Dash is a dao. Oh m god that makes me laugh so hard I squirt from my anus.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:15:25 PM

Pro tip. Add the word dao to your coin/project

That gimmick has already flown and died. Add it to your project and the market will run away from your ICO.
hund

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:24:23 PM

doa
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:35:47 PM

Pro tip. Add the word dao to your coin/project

That gimmick has already flown and died. Add it to your project and the market will run away from your ICO.

Have to agree, slock.it made DAO a bad word for the time being. It will be a while before saying it doesn't leave a nasty taste in ones mouth.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6542

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:26:23 PM

What would happen if I told the large investors that Bitcoin is also a DAO? It would be an interesting thought experiment. It would not be a lie - it effectively is a DAO actually. Bitcoin is an "descentralized organization" that is autonomous and follows strict coding rules.

Every cryptocurrency is a DAO. Even worse: Cryptocurrencies are written in a turing-complete language. So it's not impossible that a malicious person could find an obscure vulnerability that is exploitable to benefit from it. The 2010 incident with the many-billion bitcoins that were created out of thin air was in fact very similar to the 2016 DAO incident. It was all following the rules of the code. Now Bitcoin's code is more tested and I hope we'll not see such an event again. But it's not impossible as there is no bug-free software.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:23:37 PM

What would happen if I told the large investors that Bitcoin is also a DAO? It would be an interesting thought experiment. It would not be a lie - it effectively is a DAO actually. Bitcoin is an "descentralized organization" that is autonomous and follows strict coding rules.

Every cryptocurrency is a DAO. Even worse: Cryptocurrencies are written in a turing-complete language. So it's not impossible that a malicious person could find an obscure vulnerability that is exploitable to benefit from it. The 2010 incident with the many-billion bitcoins that were created out of thin air was in fact very similar to the 2016 DAO incident. It was all following the rules of the code. Now Bitcoin's code is more tested and I hope we'll not see such an event again. But it's not impossible as there is no bug-free software.

yeah, OP didn't really think this through in his obsession to damage Dash

http://bitcoinist.net/bitcoin-original-dao/

but then again a lot of his fellow community-members have difficulty thinking things through in general.

My Pro tip : if you have difficulty thinking things through and are looking for friends with the same problem : join Monero

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: