Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FREE] Arbitration service offered.  (Read 1218 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 09:24:07 AM

Arbitration is a form of dispute resolution. Unlike the usual working of a court (which is based on coercion), arbitration is the result of the willing submission of the parties sharing the dispute through an unconditional commitment to enforce the result of the arbitration given at the onset of the procedures.

Mircea Popescu is now offering this service to the community, free of charge. In order to take advantage of this:

1. Join #trilema on irc (freenode).
2. Identify with gribble.
3. State that you are submitting a dispute for arbitration and that you intend to enforce the result of the arbitration whatever it may be.
4. State your case. Do not be thrown off if other people comment (the other party or any third parties), this has no bearing on you, simply ignore it. Once done state that you're done.
5. The respective pleas of each party will be collated and considered. If there's a need for questioning you will be asked questions by mircea_popescu (the nick is registered and protected, but you may also check for gribble ident to make sure you got the right one). Carefully consider your answers because they will be deemed as much part of your plea as your original statement.
6. An arbitration award is issued, and the relevant conversation including the arbitration award will be made available as a gpg-signed document by mircea_popescu. Your dispute has now been resolved.

Steps 4-5 work best if you are online. For this reason it is best to submit for arbitration at a time when you can conveniently answer questions, so in practical terms ensure you have a few free hours at your disposal. In case you have to leave, a contact email helps. Do not expect to be contacted on the phone, facebook, whatever forum and so on as this isn't likely.

It may be the case that mircea_popescu finds it impossible to reach an award based on the situation as described. This should be a rare occurrence, but should it be the case it will be stated as such. It may be the case that mircea_popescu considers himself in conflict of interest. If this may be resolved by the affected party waiving something they may be asked to do so. Otherwise you will be notified of a conflict of interest and won't be able to obtain arbitration for this matter in this venue.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 03:06:14 PM

I am curious, could you post some of the resolved cases here, so that I will know, what kind of legal tradition MP uses when arbitrating?

If that coincides with what I believe in, I might be interested in using this free service.

Yes, I know the post is rather old, but good ideas don't die of age.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: