Arbitration is a form of dispute resolution. Unlike the usual working of a court (which is based on coercion), arbitration is the result of the willing submission of the parties sharing the dispute through an unconditional commitment to enforce the result of the arbitration given at the onset of the procedures.
Mircea Popescu is now offering this service to the community, free of charge. In order to take advantage of this:
1. Join #trilema on irc (freenode).
2. Identify with gribble.
3. State that you are submitting a dispute for arbitration and that you intend to enforce the result of the arbitration whatever it may be.
4. State your case. Do not be thrown off if other people comment (the other party or any third parties), this has no bearing on you, simply ignore it. Once done state that you're done.
5. The respective pleas of each party will be collated and considered. If there's a need for questioning you will be asked questions by mircea_popescu (the nick is registered and protected, but you may also check for gribble ident to make sure you got the right one). Carefully consider your answers because they will be deemed as much part of your plea as your original statement.
6. An arbitration award is issued, and the relevant conversation including the arbitration award will be made available as a gpg-signed document by mircea_popescu. Your dispute has now been resolved.
Steps 4-5 work best if you are online. For this reason it is best to submit for arbitration at a time when you can conveniently answer questions, so in practical terms ensure you have a few free hours at your disposal. In case you have to leave, a contact email helps. Do not expect to be contacted on the phone, facebook, whatever forum and so on as this isn't likely.
It may be the case that mircea_popescu finds it impossible to reach an award based on the situation as described. This should be a rare occurrence, but should it be the case it will be stated as such. It may be the case that mircea_popescu considers himself in conflict of interest. If this may be resolved by the affected party waiving something they may be asked to do so. Otherwise you will be notified of a conflict of interest and won't be able to obtain arbitration for this matter in this venue.