Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: no faith in bitcoin (ddos)  (Read 1215 times)
thenakedemperor (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:09:02 PM

Why would I trust a coin that drops in value massively when sites selling it are getting DDoSed?

this means it has no credibility at all, people can choke it with DDoS and then short it over and over again

too bad, it was a good coin
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:13:31 PM

uh, what does this have to do with bitcoin? it's everything to do with the crappy sites that deal with it. if another coin was top dog then it would fall when the same crappy sites failed too.

there's a new thing out called thinking things through. it's kinda cool. try it.
jukka

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:15:46 PM

Why would I trust a coin that drops in value massively when sites selling it are getting DDoSed?

this means it has no credibility at all, people can choke it with DDoS and then short it over and over again

uh, then just dont trust. it is your right!
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:20:26 PM

When one centralized coin exchange gets it's head chopped off just create another.

HYDRA.

BTC is getting ahead of itself by centralizing as fast as it can.

This tells you that the greed and lust for power is strong.

This is the old paradigm showing its ugly face by tainting the pure with "value".

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 05:31:19 PM

This thread is just an example of pure nonsense and ignorance.

Here's the first mistake that is clearly visible. The statement "would I trust" has no correlation to a trust-less system which is Bitcoin. The value of Bitcoin in fiat is trivial. It can be more-or-less easily manipulated until there are some ETF's and similar institutions should stabilize the price a bit.

Bullshit. This logic is very flawed. Nothing has any "credibility" in this view since practically everything can be taken down with DDoS.

There is no kind of 'trust' at all!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
thenakedemperor (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:35:24 PM

This thread is just an example of pure nonsense and ignorance.

Here's the first mistake that is clearly visible. The statement "would I trust" has no correlation to a trust-less system which is Bitcoin. The value of Bitcoin in fiat is trivial. It can be more-or-less easily manipulated until there are some ETF's and similar institutions should stabilize the price a bit.

Bullshit. This logic is very flawed. Nothing has any "credibility" in this view since practically everything can be taken down with DDoS.

There is no kind of 'trust' at all!

can you DDoS gold? silver?
no. your argument is invalid
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 05:38:58 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 05:51:14 PM by Lauda

False analogy fallacy. I'm not surprised that your attempt at using logic is futile. DDoS-ing a exchange (a service that works with Bitcoin) has nothing to do with DDoS-ing Bitcoin itself. Similarly, you could just as easily DDoS websites that engage in trades of any kind of goods (including gold and silver). Remember, Bitcoin is still in its infancy stage.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Sir Alpha_goy

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:52:58 PM

False analogy fallacy. I'm not surprised that your attempt at using logic is futile. DDoS-ing a exchange (a service that works with Bitcoin) has nothing to do with DDoS-ing Bitcoin itself. Similarly, you could just as easily DDoS websites that engage in trades of any kind of goods (including gold and silver). Remember, Bitcoin is still in its infancy stage.

Legendary.....

13 coin will be something when your master PLuto says so.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:59:44 PM

But it doesnt drop in price when sites are being ddosed. the exchanges being attacked only results in a slightly lower amount of bitcoin being exchanged. Huh
I dont see how it affects the bitcoin price in a negative way.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:09:36 PM

So.. just to be clear, are talking about bitfinex "ddos"?
if it is, then go search a lil more, the dump has nothing to do with the ddos (but yeah, the bad administration from bfx just make it worse).
Sir Alpha_goy

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:19:27 PM

Just wait until the halving is over and everyone realizes (just like LTC halving) that all price movements happened before the halving.

Then all sorts of "ddos attacks" occur as traders that were hyping dump hard on the future bag holders.

They will use any excuse to mask the obvious runs on BTC.
bclucho

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:22:40 PM

probably on the future some botnet could implement thousand of bots making operations on a network platform, but probably if a ddos is detected at the network layer the measures will be the same as other l7 ddos attack. But drop the price because of a ddos? there is ddos to bit companies not reported and nothing happen Smiley
pogress

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:27:47 PM

Keep your coin in cold wallet then, no matter what happens at exchanges your Bitcoin is safe in your cold storage. The perceived value might change, but you own the same amount of Bitcoins no matter what.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:31:04 PM

Bitcoin is still good regardless of exchanges and/or price, the technology and the blockchain has nothing to do with the effectiveness of websites...

Not sure what you're trying to get on about.
Sir Alpha_goy

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:35:51 PM

Bitcoin is still good regardless of exchanges and/or price, the technology and the blockchain has nothing to do with the effectiveness of websites...

Not sure what you're trying to get on about.

Remove exchanges and/or price and watch the community shrink down to evaporation level.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:47:03 PM

Just wait until the halving is over and everyone realizes (just like LTC halving) that all price movements happened before the halving.

Then all sorts of "ddos attacks" occur as traders that were hyping dump hard on the future bag holders.

The man of incredible foresight speaks. Hey, is there any reason the last 300 of your posts are dots? Disgusted by the sight of your own history?
Sir Alpha_goy

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:55:18 PM

The man of incredible foresight speaks. Hey, is there any reason the last 300 of your posts are dots? Disgusted by the sight of your own history?

Just keeping scrubbers like yourself from misquoting.

Don't worry I'll "dot" the most recent ones as well since secrecy is so sacred to all of you.

It was less disgust with the content and more to do with the delivery.

Clearly not enough of you can listen.

Regardless what worry of it is yours?

The king of bitcointalk gave all the right to filter their own speech.

Selective scripted transparency is the art of some but not mine.
Curious8

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:02:20 PM

The answer is cold / paper wallet.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:36:58 PM

When one centralized coin exchange gets it's head chopped off just create another.

HYDRA.

BTC is getting ahead of itself by centralizing as fast as it can.

This tells you that the greed and lust for power is strong.

This is the old paradigm showing its ugly face by tainting the pure with "value".

This reply deserves some recognition .. I salute you!
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:46:39 PM

Sorry, what was that?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: