Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing: Bitcoin Prizes (Free Bitcoins)  (Read 10451 times)
BTCPrizes (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:07:15 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2011, 12:27:25 AM by BTCPrizes

Hello everyone,

There's been a lot of speculative trading recently and that needs to change. If bitcoin is to survive we must start spending it and getting others involved in accepting it.

A small team of us has decided to give bitcoins away, like a faucet but in a lottery fashion where only one winner is selected every 24 hours. THIS IS NOT A LOTTERY in a sense where you're not obligated to buy a ticket. You're more than welcome to donate to the jackpot but this is not required (we are giving away our own coins).

The system is very simple: Winnings equal 1% of user-base, paid out every 24 hours with a grand prize at the end of the week that is not paid out in BTC.  For example: currently we have 19 users registered which equals 0.19 BTC jackpot paid to a randomly selected individual at the end of a 24 hour period. If 100 members register, the 24-hour winnings will equal 1BTC. Registration is free and open to anyone (however please see FAQ and TERMS) Note: the timer on the page refreshes every 10 minutes (we're working on improving this).

If you're interested in some free coins or know someone who's been interested and ambitious about bitcoins but hasn't had a chance to enter the market due to overspeculation please DO join!

We are working on adding more statistics at this time and we're open to your input.

Please see our terms and faq if you have any questions before asking here.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:12:35 AM

The cynical side of me wants to know, what's the catch?
BTCPrizes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:19:13 AM

There is none. We're not asking anything in return but to work as a community towards spreading bitcoin for practical use (help get more businesses realize the true potential of bitcoin and its use).
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:45:11 AM

Something tells me there is something going on here:
possibility #1 BTCprizes is a government employee.
possibility #2 There is a catch.
possibility #3 This guy had a really bad economic teacher who was paid by the government.*

I'm not saying businesses accepting bitcoins are bad, on the contrary I would love to see more businesses taking bitcoins as payment. I'm just saying this scheme wont help in anyway.

P.S. I'd love to see if he could prove there was actually more than one person behind this.

tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:52:09 AM

possibility #3 This guy had a really bad economic teacher who was paid by the government.*

I'm not saying businesses accepting bitcoins are bad, on the contrary I would love to see more businesses taking bitcoins as payment. I'm just saying this scheme wont help in anyway.

P.S. I'd love to see if he could prove there was actually more than one person behind this.

I signed up.  It only requires a payout address, email and password.  Seems legit to me.

There are those out there who a few bitcents a day is nothing to their overall worth and are looking for creative ways to spread the wealth.
BTCPrizes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:59:52 AM

#1. I'm not sure how being a government employee would aid anything in this "scheme"?
#2. We are 100% nonprofit.
#3. We are well aware that giving away bitcoins is a loss for us.

By "we" I am referring to myself and two other developers. We happened to catch the train at an early time and aim at helping newcomers. Our goal is to simply shine some light on bitcoin usage alternative to being used as commodity trading.
SSJ3 Mario Brothers

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:23:10 AM

This is awesome! Do you have to register just the one time, and you're automatically entered in every day's drawing?

If I win, I'm going to donate 10% of it back to the website to help keep it going Cheesy
BTCPrizes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:34:26 AM

This is awesome! Do you have to register just the one time, and you're automatically entered in every day's drawing?

If I win, I'm going to donate 10% of it back to the website to help keep it going Cheesy

You only have to register once to be automatically entered to every day's drawing.
BookLover

Activity: 533

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 01:48:15 PM

*I'm not saying businesses accepting bitcoins are bad, on the contrary I would love to see more businesses taking bitcoins as payment. I'm just saying this scheme wont help in anyway.

#1. I'm not sure how being a government employee would aid anything in this "scheme"?
#2. We are 100% nonprofit.
#3. We are well aware that giving away bitcoins is a loss for us.

By "we" I am referring to myself and two other developers. We happened to catch the train at an early time and aim at helping newcomers. Our goal is to simply shine some light on bitcoin usage alternative to being used as commodity trading.

Thanks for answering my questions.
Sorry if it sounded harsh but I'm paranoid.

P.S. Just in fun, you avoided question #1 and the post thought wasn't really answered.
P.S.S. I'm mainly asking questions to leave a very little margin of doubt for other people, so that if you are legitimate people will be much more likely to join.

[Coins!]

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:59:47 PM

I guess I don't see why you need email addresses, if all you want to do is give away bitcoins?  Can you explain the purpose of the emails / confirmation?

Like my post? Consider donating: 1ENPBz6zZa1maehG48PaYzYhPjodN1NkTF
http://oneminuteslow.com/bitcoin/100-20.png
BTCPrizes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:19:33 PM

I guess I don't see why you need email addresses, if all you want to do is give away bitcoins?  Can you explain the purpose of the emails / confirmation?

We'd like to confirm with you that your receiving address is still correct before sending you a potentially large number of bitcoins.  Also, if you are chosen as the weekly prize winner we'll have to contact you somehow, thus email field.
TehZomB

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:22:00 PM

I don't see how there would be a catch - not like Bitcoins are reversible.

Oh, and if you are really paranoid, just grab another email and setup forwarding.
JellyfishRancher

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:31:42 PM

I registered. Interesting idea. Creating new sites that implement bitcoins is never a bad thing.
BTCPrizes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:52:38 PM

A quick update: current jackpot 1.38BTC
Total Users: 138

(a few cheaters who will be dealt with appropriately, but that's expected).
Tunes0710

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:33:46 PM

Very generous offer - have signed up :-)
w0mbat

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 06:21:27 PM

who won the last round?

*** http://btcxc.info/  <->  Your source for everything around trading & mining Bitcoins! ***
BTCPrizes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:24:28 PM

who won the last round?

Someone with the nickname of "ericthecro" and 0.18 BTC
w0mbat

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 06:31:11 PM

he was listed there before the timer reached zero. im mean the round that ended like 30min ago.

*** http://btcxc.info/  <->  Your source for everything around trading & mining Bitcoins! ***
Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:49:12 PM

Signed up, will give it a shot!

Will you send an email if I win?

BTCPrizes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:56:14 PM

he was listed there before the timer reached zero. im mean the round that ended like 30min ago.

Sorry for confusion. We had a timer problem and it is now fixed. The winner is "darkgamer" with 1.79 BTC, Congrats!

Next drawing in 24 hours.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: