Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest check: Take over my business  (Read 2467 times)
Global BTC (OP)

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:47:42 PM

I've been selling gadgets for BTC over at Bitmit for a while now.
Here are my listings on Bitmit.

It's fun and all, but it's also a little time consuming. As I also have a regular day job, I think it's time I give a little priority to my family. Therefore I'm not going to continue the BTC business for much longer.

Instead of just quitting, I was thinking there might be someone who would like to take over my business and do what I do. What I do is quite simple:
1. Sell stuff on Bitmit
2. Make the suppliers in China deliver directly to the customer. No inventory required!
3. Profit!

Business has been steady increasing over time since I started. Sales right now are about 1BTC per day, with a profit margin around 50% (that means you can bank 0.5BTC per day). I've been spending about an hour per day taking care of business. However, my processes are very manual - if you know your way around a computer you could probably invest some time and put together some kind of software that would significantly decrease the need for manual labor. You could also continue to do it exactly the way I've been doing it.

Now, if you think this is something you would want to do, this is what I can give you:
  • Extensive, easy to follow instructions on how to do what I do, every step of the way. This includes how to work with suppliers, how to select suitable products to sell, how to obtain quality item pictures, what marketing channels to use, etc.
  • My product catalog with a few hundred items, including quality pictures, descriptions and so on, in a format that's easy to import into Bitmit.
  • Supplier contacts for the above mentioned items, including specific item numbers. The suppliers of course have their own catalogs with tens of thousands of items. If you want to expand the business by adding more items, you could easily do so.
  • My recommendation to current customers that you have taken over the business. Many of my customers are repeat customers.
  • E-mail coaching to get you started.
  • Tips and tricks of the trade.
  • Scout's honor promise that I won't take this business up again.

However, I will not give you my user accounts on Bitmit, Bitcointalk or any other such service. I don't believe in that kind of transfer of trust. If you want to get a high number of posts and/or good feedback, you will have to earn it yourself. You will not be taking over my name, just my business model.

If you are a customer of mine right now, you don't need to worry. As I said, I won't be giving up my Bitmit or forum account, and I won't abandon you. I will go through with every current order.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joeykrug

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 02:07:41 AM

Hey I'm interested in this, send me an email at joeykrug@gmail.com
Global BTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 10:41:28 AM

How lazy are you?

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:08:02 AM

Please tell me if you are paying the suppliers in BTC or other money?
How much start up money would I need:
For you? and For general cash flow?

Global BTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 11:38:05 AM

I'm paying my suppliers in fiat. If you are going to use escrow on Bitmit like I do, it takes a few weeks for the goods from China to reach customers in Europe and America. Therefore, you'd need something like a couple of hundred dollars in start-up capital. There are ways around that though, and I can explain that in a PM if you are interested.

Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 11:56:49 AM

I am interested, a business partner of mine or two would probably be more than willing to provide a means to help it expand.
I'll get back to you soon on a few questions.

joeykrug

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:12:35 AM

How lazy are you?

Hi, sry for late reply I was hospitalized recently for about 3 weeks but I posted my email so you could contact me.  I made a step in contacting you on the forums by politely replying to your thread.  I don't regularly check PMs on here but check my email very frequently, so I posted a convenient contact address.  I'm not sure how that correlates with laziness, but whatever, perhaps you misinterpreted my intentions.

Regards, Joseph
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:25:08 PM

Feedback is impressive.  How much are you thinking of asking?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:41:41 PM

It's fun and all, but it's also a little time consuming. As I also have a regular day job, I think it's time I give a little priority to my family. Therefore I'm not going to continue the BTC business for much longer.

Instead of just quitting, I was thinking there might be someone who would like to take over my business and do what I do. What I do is quite simple:
1. Sell stuff on Bitmit
2. Make the suppliers in China deliver directly to the customer. No inventory required!
3. Profit!

Business has been steady increasing over time since I started. Sales right now are about 1BTC per day, with a profit margin around 50% (that means you can bank 0.5BTC per day). I've been spending about an hour per day taking care of business. However, my processes are very manual - if you know your way around a computer you could probably invest some time and put together some kind of software that would significantly decrease the need for manual labor. You could also continue to do it exactly the way I've been doing it.

Now, if you think this is something you would want to do, this is what I can give you:
  • Extensive, easy to follow instructions on how to do what I do, every step of the way. This includes how to work with suppliers, how to select suitable products to sell, how to obtain quality item pictures, what marketing channels to use, etc.
  • My product catalog with a few hundred items, including quality pictures, descriptions and so on, in a format that's easy to import into Bitmit.
  • Supplier contacts for the above mentioned items, including specific item numbers. The suppliers of course have their own catalogs with tens of thousands of items. If you want to expand the business by adding more items, you could easily do so.
  • My recommendation to current customers that you have taken over the business. Many of my customers are repeat customers.

However, I will not give you my user accounts on Bitmit, Bitcointalk or any other such service. I don't believe in that kind of transfer of trust. If you want to get a high number of posts and/or good feedback, you will have to earn it yourself. You will not be taking over my name, just my business model.

If you are a customer of mine right now, you don't need to worry. As I said, I won't be giving up my Bitmit or forum account, and I won't abandon you. I will go through with every current order.

1. Sell stuff on Bitmit
3. Profit!

I'd like to express an interest in doing this but I can only do this in my spare time (lots of personal commitments like job hunt for getting my dream job in TV,film projects,etc).

As much as I'd like to work hard and help as many people as possible,I could use the income (as the UK economy is really starting to bite into what's left).

Can you contact me as I'd like to know about somethings? Thanks Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Nova!

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:51:08 PM

Seems cool, but are these accounts actually transferable?  Might want to check the Terms of Service first. 

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:07:41 PM

Seems cool, but are these accounts actually transferable?  Might want to check the Terms of Service first. 

He doesn't transfer any accounts, just his way of working, knowledge actually
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 10:12:12 PM

Is this offer still open? Can you give us an update?

I'd like to send a PM with my offer, but don't want to waste time if someone's already bought it.

OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:14:45 AM

Quote from: film2240

I'd like to express an interest in doing this but I can only do this in my spare time (lots of personal commitments like job hunt for getting my dream job in TV,film projects,etc).

As much as I'd like to work hard and help as many people as possible,I could use the income (as the UK economy is really starting to bite into what's left).

I hope you take it up, there aren't many UK sellers on Bitmit but the demand is there.

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
Global BTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 11:08:46 PM

Is this offer still open? Can you give us an update?

I'd like to send a PM with my offer, but don't want to waste time if someone's already bought it.

Yes, the offer is still valid. You are welcome to PM me with any questions or offers. Business is going strong and USD revenue has grown ~10% since my original post.

The following is not directed to BIGMERVE: Please don't write in this thread or PM me and ask me to "tell you more" or to "contact you". If you want to know something specific - ask for it. I think the relevant details are described in the top post. If you disagree, tell me what it is that you want to know. If you think the answer has a general interest, you are also welcome to state your question in this thread.

Hey I'm interested in this, send me an email at joeykrug@gmail.com
How lazy are you?

Hi, sry for late reply I was hospitalized recently for about 3 weeks but I posted my email so you could contact me.  I made a step in contacting you on the forums by politely replying to your thread.  I don't regularly check PMs on here but check my email very frequently, so I posted a convenient contact address.  I'm not sure how that correlates with laziness, but whatever, perhaps you misinterpreted my intentions.

Regards, Joseph

If you don't want to check your PM's, set your forum profile to forward your PM's to your e-mail address. I prefer to keep the contacts to this forum. Also, see my answer above.

Feedback is impressive.  How much are you thinking of asking?

I really have no idea. Make me an offer.

See my first answer above.

Seems cool, but are these accounts actually transferable?  Might want to check the Terms of Service first.  

As someone else already has pointed out, I'm not transferring my Bitmit or bitcointalk account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: