Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:47:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for investors  (Read 2972 times)
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:55:07 AM

So...no videos, screenshots, code, or estimated release...all you can provide is a paragraph's worth of some thirteen year old's dream game? Yep, definitely legit...

What does 10,000,000 DOGE (why DOGE?) help - will free money just magically produce this product?  Why are you only sending info in PMs to those whom volunteered to invest?  Too many red flags.  Next time, at least have something to bring to the table, so that we know you're actually serious :/

(btw, I'll be watching this thread - if you do provide enough evidence this is a serious project, I'd have no problem helping out)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:42:55 AM

Until then do any of the people working on the project have any previous work to show? Also it'd be a better idea to try making a 3D game. 2D games sell for very cheap, and it's difficult to create a market within a 2D game. The most successful 2D game I've ever known was 'Terraria' and I'm sure they'd never be able to build a market in their game either.

We've worked on games before, none of which were sold commercially. We aren't going to switch to a 3D game. We had originally tossed around the idea of a 3D open world game but decided that we wanted to make 2D games more.

The price that we sell the game at is still under debate and I'm not at liberty to say what that price will be.

Why have a price tag on the game if the ingame currency is dogecoin?
Cyber Specter (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:10:44 AM

Until then do any of the people working on the project have any previous work to show? Also it'd be a better idea to try making a 3D game. 2D games sell for very cheap, and it's difficult to create a market within a 2D game. The most successful 2D game I've ever known was 'Terraria' and I'm sure they'd never be able to build a market in their game either.

We've worked on games before, none of which were sold commercially. We aren't going to switch to a 3D game. We had originally tossed around the idea of a 3D open world game but decided that we wanted to make 2D games more.

The price that we sell the game at is still under debate and I'm not at liberty to say what that price will be.

I can't answer any questions about the price on the game at the moment. When we get a bit closer to beta testing our product then we'll announce the cost of the game.
Cyber Specter (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:13:48 AM

So...no videos, screenshots, code, or estimated release...all you can provide is a paragraph's worth of some thirteen year old's dream game? Yep, definitely legit...

What does 10,000,000 DOGE (why DOGE?) help - will free money just magically produce this product?  Why are you only sending info in PMs to those whom volunteered to invest?  Too many red flags.  Next time, at least have something to bring to the table, so that we know you're actually serious :/

(btw, I'll be watching this thread - if you do provide enough evidence this is a serious project, I'd have no problem helping out)

If you're willing to keep an eye on this for a little while, we will be releasing an offline demo of our product fairly soon. We just want to ensure that our passion for the game, its characters, and it's story really show in our product. Being a small team with secondary sources of income, this takes a bit of time.

As for why doge, we have several reasons for picking this crypto. When we release our offline demo, we will include a ton of information about our development process with it.

Games cost money to produce, $3000 USD is not a HUGE budget for a game. It's not even a huge budget for an indy game. We are putting a lot of our own money into this. Not to mention our time, and hearts. If you are still skeptical, if you PM your email I'd be happy to provide you with our current Game Design Document. It outlines many things about the game, and what we are working on at the moment.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:27:59 AM

I can't answer any questions about the price on the game at the moment. When we get a bit closer to beta testing our product then we'll announce the cost of the game.

I didn't ask anything about the price, I asked WHY there is a price not  "what is the price". You are putting a price tag on a game that already has a ingame currency with fiat value.
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:31:57 AM

I didn't ask anything about the price, I asked WHY there is a price not  "what is the price". You are putting a price tag on a game that already has a ingame currency with fiat value.
My thoughts exactly.

Will keep an eye on this but doesnt seem like a great investment oppurtunity.  Too risky for max 10%roi.
Cyber Specter (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:32:29 AM

That would be a question about the price if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't ask anything about the price, I asked WHY there is a price not  "what is the price". You are putting a price tag on a game that already has a ingame currency with fiat value.

That seems like a question about the price of the game, unless I'm just not understanding what you mean. We feel it's too early to say weather or not the game will be f2p, or if we will charge a monthly fee ect. When we get closer to beta this will be announced.
Cyber Specter (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:36:44 AM

I appreciate that input, but again it's just a little to early for us to say weather or not the game will be f2p, or if there will be a price tag on it. We will make this info public once we are closer to beta.

Also thanks for keeping an eye on it! We'd love as many people as possible to try out the demo when we release it. Your feedback will be very important to us!

I didn't ask anything about the price, I asked WHY there is a price not  "what is the price". You are putting a price tag on a game that already has a ingame currency with fiat value.
My thoughts exactly.

Will keep an eye on this but doesnt seem like a great investment oppurtunity.  Too risky for max 10%roi.

I appreciate that input. Please do keep an eye on us! We want as many people as possible to try out our demo when we release it! Your feedback will be greatly appreciated!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:00:53 PM

How do you plan to fund everything listed in the OP with £250/dogecoin?

Based on websites similar, what could be expecting to earn from my investment?

I'd be able to get a 5% investment (500,000 Doge)if I feel it beneficial to do!
Cyber Specter (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:02:48 PM

10mil dogecoin is around $3000 usd, not $250.
DAOstock

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 12:33:04 PM

have you any beta or something?

daostock.com/
telegram.me/DAOstock
follow my news channel and may the force be with you!
Cyber Specter (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:22:50 PM

have you any beta or something?

We'll be releasing an offline demo soon.
Cyber Specter (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:17:32 AM

Updated OP with link to our facebook page so you can follow our progress more easily.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 12:23:17 PM

I'll offer some positive support here, consider posting pictures or a video of the game in action. I think that would help quite a bit from people being scared off by a potential scam or vaporware. Raising funds is a delicate process for your project, you need to lay out your expectations and be honest about where you are in your dev process. Remember, the community here has seen lots of failures, so my advice is to stay positive and keep going. 
adsactly

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

ADSactly is an Autonomous Decentralized Society

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 01:02:25 PM

This seems to be a very interesting project I am not sure why you guys chose to use DOGECOIN for the Project
but if you PM me we would like to see the Road Map and Perhaps help with Promotion etc.

Do you want to be the FIRST to Know about New Cryptocurrency Projects and New Inventions that could potentially change the world for the better?

Join ADSactly Discord the Decentralized Community of Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts and New Comers.

http://discord.me/adsactly
Cyber Specter (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:22:38 PM

I'll offer some positive support here, consider posting pictures or a video of the game in action. I think that would help quite a bit from people being scared off by a potential scam or vaporware. Raising funds is a delicate process for your project, you need to lay out your expectations and be honest about where you are in your dev process. Remember, the community here has seen lots of failures, so my advice is to stay positive and keep going. 

Thanks I appreciate it. We've made a facebook page to help keep everyone up to date with where we are. We plan to update it with content very soon, we just want to make sure our content is of high quality before we upload it.

We are making a kickstarter as well to help raise funds, while adding a bit of security for people who want to support our game. Unfortunately if you fund through kickstarter you will not be considered an investor. This is due to kickstarters policies. Kickstarter will however give you some peace of mind for the following reasons.

1: You will know who we are.
2: If we "Run Off" with the money, we can be held accountable.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:36:23 PM

Oops, sorry.
I can still offer 5%/500000 Dogecoin (around 0.025BTC)!
If this is helpful for you, I'd need to see something from the project of what you already have such as some sort of code design or other info about what you will make!
I may also be able offer support in the programming languages I can do (referenced on my pm on the left)
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 04:14:29 PM

Thanks I appreciate it. We've made a facebook page to help keep everyone up to date with where we are. We plan to update it with content very soon, we just want to make sure our content is of high quality before we upload it.

We are making a kickstarter as well to help raise funds, while adding a bit of security for people who want to support our game. Unfortunately if you fund through kickstarter you will not be considered an investor. This is due to kickstarters policies. Kickstarter will however give you some peace of mind for the following reasons.

1: You will know who we are.
2: If we "Run Off" with the money, we can be held accountable.

Without being too much of a shameless plug, you can crowdfund using the platform that I built and raise funds in bitcoin. You can also accept donations in Dogecoin too. That being said, I'm also building a game too, so I'm interested to see the different types of gameplay that others are putting into their games. Is it web only or are you building for Android, etc?
Cyber Specter (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:54:49 PM

Oops, sorry.
If this is helpful for you, I'd need to see something from the project of what you already have such as some sort of code design or other info about what you will make!
I may also be able offer support in the programming languages I can do (referenced on my pm on the left)

I can provide you with our Game Design Document, but anything else isn't available at the time.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:07:41 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 08:35:51 PM by jackg

Oops, sorry.

I can provide you with our Game Design Document, but anything else isn't available at the time.

If you wish to provide that, you could email me.
I will then read through that probably later today and work out if my investment willbe worth-while!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: