Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The evil bump  (Read 807 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:16:12 PM

I think if the last post is a bump and they are just saying bump, the forum post shouldn't go thru. I follow a lot of topics on my watch list and sometimes I see just the same thing a wall of bumps. I think bumping should be detected and discard that post. I get it one bump is cool some people miss it, but week after week if people are just bumping and no one is interested clearly this shouldn't be happening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:17:59 PM

I think if the last post is a bump and they are just saying bump, the forum post shouldn't go thru. I follow a lot of topics on my watch list and sometimes I see just the same thing a wall of bumps. I think bumping should be detected and discard that post. I get it one bump is cool some people miss it, but week after week if people are just bumping and no one is interested clearly this shouldn't be happening.
1 bump per day is the allowed quota. If they bump multiple times a day, please report the post.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:35:23 PM

1 bump per day is the allowed quota. If they bump multiple times a day, please report the post.

But what about if there thread is just a wall of bump from everyday this week, I think that is kinda crazy as well.

Don't kill me, but when I bump any of my posts I usually delete the previous bump, so there is only 1 bump.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 07:30:10 PM

Don't kill me, but when I bump any of my posts I usually delete the previous bump, so there is only 1 bump.

Maybe we could suggest this as the preferred way to do it? Maybe even add "and delete the previous bump." to "one bump per day"?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: