Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info - Error Decrypting wallet - Check your password  (Read 2145 times)
klabanus (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:37:36 AM

Last week I created a new wallet at Blockchain.info. After creation I was forwarded to the wallet home screen, and a friend of mine immediately deposited 0.16BTC into my account (by scanning the QR code), all went well.

While I was still logged in I went to Security Settings to verify my email (one of the first security measures). After clicking the email verification link I had to login again. After filling my password I got the following error:

https://i.imgur.com/hIqci5l.png

I am 100% sure my password is correct, I wrote it down on a paper plus it was saved in the keychain of my browser during the registration/creation of my wallet. The bitcoins are also still sitting in my account.

What could be the cause here? I tried switching computers, browsers, clearing cache, incognito mode, using mobile device, all of them did not help. I do not have my mnemonic 12 word phrase (since the email verification was the first step in applying security measures).

I really cannot stand the fact that I cannot see what the problem is, I am 100% sure the password is correct and it is just not letting me login.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinyard

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:50:32 AM

If your account is linked to your e-mail the support will help you to reset the password so no panic try and contact them!

klabanus (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:00:18 AM

If your account is linked to your e-mail the support will help you to reset the password so no panic try and contact them!

I contacted support and got two (automatic) replies.

One reply saying: we cannot do anything if you have lost your password, because we do not store them. Use your 12 word phrase to recover lost funds (dont have it).

Second reply: try clearing cache / switch browsers, machines etc. before logging in.

Both did not work.
klabanus (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:46:54 AM

I got a third automatic reply now, saying please use 2FA Reset Form, which will block my account for 30 days. But I never activated 2FA so i do not know why they suggest that? My password is correct but does not get accepted, I am so sure the problem lies at their side.
klabanus (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:01:59 PM

After clicking the verification link in my email i get this in one tab:
https://i.imgur.com/DNhefWe.png

And in the other tab i get an infinite 'signing' in loop:
https://vid.me/cdXN

When I refresh the page and try to login again i get this:
https://i.imgur.com/u4iu5Wh.png

Blockchain.info replied and said they cannot help in terms of resetting a password.

I am totally lost here  Huh Huh
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:20:34 AM

Blockchain.info replied and said they cannot help in terms of resetting a password.

Yes blockchain.info doesn't store your password so they don't allow resetting password. Have you tried like when verification link is sended to your email keep open than tab and open your email. Click the link that will be open in next tab. And when you again go back and check first tab that is opened you should logged into your dashboard. As you only get link after you enter password for the wallet but don't know they send link even password is wrong or not.
klabanus (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:12:34 AM

Yes blockchain.info doesn't store your password so they don't allow resetting password. Have you tried like when verification link is sended to your email keep open than tab and open your email. Click the link that will be open in next tab. And when you again go back and check first tab that is opened you should logged into your dashboard. As you only get link after you enter password for the wallet but don't know they send link even password is wrong or not.

I have tried that already and it does not work. With the two tabs open, the 'first' tab should get you into the dashboard, but it keeps saying: "Please check that your password is correct".

It seems I lost my precious BTC  Sad
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:51:10 AM

I have tried that already and it does not work. With the two tabs open, the 'first' tab should get you into the dashboard, but it keeps saying: "Please check that your password is correct".

If you really haven't store your seed A.K.A the 12 words and you keep getting incorrect password than there is nothing blockchain support as they really don't store the password. You should always keep the seed in some protected document in your computer as with it you can restore your wallet from any other PC. I am afraid that I have to say that this time is not the blockchain fault but the user fault for not saving the most important thing in a bitcoin wallet which is the SEED.
klabanus (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:32:50 AM

If you really haven't store your seed A.K.A the 12 words and you keep getting incorrect password than there is nothing blockchain support as they really don't store the password. You should always keep the seed in some protected document in your computer as with it you can restore your wallet from any other PC. I am afraid that I have to say that this time is not the blockchain fault but the user fault for not saving the most important thing in a bitcoin wallet which is the SEED.

You are very true. The unfortunate thing here is that after registering i was logged in, on the dashboard the 'Security Measures' indicated that it needed attention and since 'Verifying your email' is the first step in these measures, I did that. After clicking the verification link in the email it said "Please check that your password is correct".

I was never able to get to the point of writing my 12 words down...
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:53:50 AM

You are very true. The unfortunate thing here is that after registering i was logged in, on the dashboard the 'Security Measures' indicated that it needed attention and since 'Verifying your email' is the first step in these measures, I did that. After clicking the verification link in the email it said "Please check that your password is correct".

I was never able to get to the point of writing my 12 words down...

Thats a very unfortunate thing that have happened to you and has no remedy. But this is also a good thing for you. Now I will give you the best advice which I have already given to many other persons here and is you should never rely on third party to hold your bitcoins no matter how safe they are. Now please go to www.electrum.org and download this wallet, make sure you have a clean PC before downloading, write down the seed (you will surely arrive at this point with this wallet) then add a strong password and you will be in charge of your bitcoins. I am using it since 2 years without a problem, before I used blockchain.info and I got hacked.
erbily

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:58:32 PM

is there any solve here, i had same problem ?
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:16:49 PM

is there any solve here, i had same problem ?
This thread is outdated, you can make a new thread on this board and indicate all what you have done and etc. If this is the reason I bet a wrong password is really main reason here but if you hold the 12 recovery phrase then you can restore your funds it easily just go here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: