Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:14:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Etherium price is decreasing day by day ?  (Read 6116 times)
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:44:34 PM

Stagnation and investor fatique?  who knows.  It will go back up like it always does.  ETH is not going anywhere.

I love Bitcoin
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:29:50 PM

I'm going to be completely honest right now; there is a small, small chance that Ethereum will be able to recover from the hack. The community that exists right now is more or less going to be the community it will have for the rest of its lifespan, and that's because those who are still here are the ones that have confidence in it after all the events over the past two months.

I am not trying to spread FUD, but when a crypto gets hacked at the network level, where control is basically lost, it typically collapses due to people leaving and the loss of trust completely. If you can name a crypto that has recovered from a hack that was as in-depth as this one and managed to walk out relatively unscathed, I'd like to read about it.

This. I was torn about buying ether and leaning toward doing it before this hack. This hack has easily made up my mind. Never going to buy something like this unless it drops to less than $1.
Loco Motive

Activity: 251

🌟

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:16:55 PM

As etherium is decreasing, so can we have a reason behind that and what are the future expectations.

.. why it held at ~$12 until today.

in my opinion, manipulation. eth price dumped hard to 0.014 in one day(hack day) and a few days later had almost a 100% recover. to me, that's was a fake pump to whales get out eth.

now it can die in peace.

I think this is the correct interpretation, the recovery was unbelievable and pretty clearly heavy manipulation.

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  Pre-Sale is now Live,
         with a 39% bonus!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:25:16 PM

Hard fork for Ethereum is probable, and most likely will happen by next weekend. A lot of Ether will be released back to owners. What do you think they will do with it? Sizeable number will use to buy bitcoin, so look for a bitcoin price increase along with Ether sell off. When you see a sell off in Ether with heavy volume time to buy cheap Ether. Ether price could get as low as $5 with heavy selling. There is resistance at $7 so you should consider buying to hold long term starting at $7 and buying more on way down. Or you could just wait until the charts show a bottom is in place before buying. Any way looks like good chance for Ether fire sale next weekend. Right now Ether and Bitcoin are inversely correlated.

Rastanan

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:39:05 PM

Hard fork for Ethereum is probable, and most likely will happen by next weekend. A lot of Ether will be released back to owners. What do you think they will do with it? Sizeable number will use to buy bitcoin, so look for a bitcoin price increase along with Ether sell off. When you see a sell off in Ether with heavy volume time to buy cheap Ether. Ether price could get as low as $5 with heavy selling. There is resistance at $7 so you should consider buying to hold long term starting at $7 and buying more on way down. Or you could just wait until the charts show a bottom is in place before buying. Any way looks like good chance for Ether fire sale next weekend. Right now Ether and Bitcoin are inversely correlated.

Will the hard fork return the coins so quickly. Will there be a soft fork first to freeze the DAO Ethereum first?
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:17:56 PM

Isn't the price going down because in a couple of weeks massive amounts of eth are released out of the DAO?
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:25:18 PM

Any "investor" that gets their ETH back as a result of this hard fork would be stupid to do anything but sell it immediately.  ETH will collapse soon after the fork is realized.

I bought in to ETH at sub $2 price, so to me I could easily see $2 or lower ETH after this.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:16:45 PM

As etherium is decreasing, so can we have a reason behind that and what are the future expectations.

Because it is made by a boy...

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:17:37 PM

Any "investor" that gets their ETH back as a result of this hard fork would be stupid to do anything but sell it immediately.  ETH will collapse soon after the fork is realized.

I bought in to ETH at sub $2 price, so to me I could easily see $2 or lower ETH after this.

Yes, price is going to crash hard. $2 a coin seems realistic.

owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:38:39 PM

DOA hack, eth hard fork proposed, conflic of intrets of eth devs, comuniti divided, ...

Do you really need more reasons?

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
sakinaka

Activity: 325

Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:40:42 PM

I'll clear all the FUD : Ethereum wasn't hacked at all. That was just The DAO. There is not consequence on Ethereum at all.
Then, to reply to OP, that's quite simple : the halving. That's what's draining all the altcoins for more than a month.

S h o p e o   

Decentralized Amazon & ICO hub
       ◢ Thread      Whitepaper      Bounties

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
     ██             ████████████▀
     ████▄         █████████████▀
     ▀████████▄▄   █████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████
        █████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████▀
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████████▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
       JOIN
  ONE WEEK ICO
[
AUGUST
10 - 17th
]
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:53:55 PM

I'll clear all the FUD : Ethereum wasn't hacked at all. That was just The DAO. There is not consequence on Ethereum at all.[/b]
Then, to reply to OP, that's quite simple : the halving. That's what's draining all the altcoins for more than a month.

So why they want SF, HF if Ethereum was not affected?

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:47:40 PM

with the DAO hack and looming fork? It is only NORMAL that ETH is dropping, in fact BTC dropped worse in similar situations

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4rbff1/what_will_happen_to_exchange_trading_duringpost/

People pull out. Once this is done, ETH can reach new records because investors will be happy about the resolution.  Smiley

Truth is the new hatespeech.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:50:06 PM

I'll clear all the FUD : Ethereum wasn't hacked at all. That was just The DAO. There is not consequence on Ethereum at all.

In markets, perception matters more than reality.  ETH is perceived as vulnerable and uncertain, and confidence is low, so people sell and the price trends down.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

It was socially engineered to hack itself.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:50:17 PM

I've been talking about it with some friends and people i dont know too and most of them said the same,because of the DAO hack.
I feel the same,that is why im trying to earn on Poloniex with shorting it but well... i dont like ETH anymore i think... i have enough of this altcoin,simple is that.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:33:57 AM

I didn't realize there was a actual hack.  I thought it was just poor coding in the dao. 
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 12:55:04 AM

Here's my take on it.....the first and pretty much first "big Thing" for Eth and it was hacked and all this crap is still in the fan.
So what exactly is Eth good for? It more complicated than most crypto, it's lost a shitload of money.
So tell us what you can do with it?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:04:39 AM

Here's my take on it.....the first and pretty much first "big Thing" for Eth and it was hacked and all this crap is still in the fan.
So what exactly is Eth good for? It more complicated than most crypto, it's lost a shitload of money.
So tell us what you can do with it?

Basically this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4rc2un/please_rob_my_smart_contract/

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:05:00 AM

I didn't realize there was a actual hack.  I thought it was just poor coding in the dao. 

by the sounds of it that's exactly what it is. and i don't think it was even poor coding. the dao worked correctly, they didn't foresee the angle the 'hacker' used.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: