Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:24:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Etherium price is decreasing day by day ?  (Read 6116 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:05:55 AM

I didn't realize there was a actual hack.  I thought it was just poor coding in the dao. 

by the sounds of it that's exactly what it is. and i don't think it was even poor coding. the dao worked correctly, they didn't foresee the angle the 'hacker' used.

How can anyone prove it wasn't foreseen?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:09:37 AM

I didn't realize there was a actual hack.  I thought it was just poor coding in the dao. 

by the sounds of it that's exactly what it is. and i don't think it was even poor coding. the dao worked correctly, they didn't foresee the angle the 'hacker' used.

They call it coming to a social consensus.  Cool

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:13:50 AM

Good point, as I haven't made up my mind on this aspect yet.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:24:58 AM

I didn't realize there was a actual hack.  I thought it was just poor coding in the dao.  

Good point, as I haven't made up my mind on this aspect yet.

They knew about the recursive call vulnerability. https://blog.slock.it/no-dao-funds-at-risk-following-the-ethereum-smart-contract-recursive-call-bug-discovery-29f482d348b#.ypktf8e5c The problem was that they didn't see there was a problem with two other call functions that could be called recursively when put together. http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/06/18/analysis-of-the-dao-exploit/
Fail code. Cheesy
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:33:31 AM

Have they even decided on an inflation schedule yet?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:40:17 AM

I think that they were hoping that if theDAO was a big success, they could launch more nifty smart contracts. Each one could have created big demand for Ether tokens. It would have made Ethereum a big IPO mill. Looks like that plan is a no go, for now.  Roll Eyes
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:50:31 AM

I think that they were hoping that if theDAO was a big success, they could launch more nifty smart contracts. Each one could have created big demand for Ether tokens. It would have made Ethereum a big IPO mill. Looks like that plan is a no go, for now.  Roll Eyes

Immutability ain't what it used to be.

Rastanan

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:30:49 PM

That is right. After the survival of the Ethereum of this DAO hack, the price will be drift for some time at least.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:38:26 PM

Why is the Ethereum price decreasing day by day?

Because sometimes things have to decrease towards zero.

This is done to have it go to $1000 within a couple of years.

~CfA~

Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1344
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 04:58:39 PM

Well i think it is because of DAO issue thats why the price is decreasing day by day and also thats why the price is decreasing its because ethereum investors are converting their eth to bitcoin because block halving is nearly come..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Rastanan

Activity: 193

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:57:25 AM

Well i think it is because of DAO issue thats why the price is decreasing day by day and also thats why the price is decreasing its because ethereum investors are converting their eth to bitcoin because block halving is nearly come..

I do not think the Ethereum holders are converting the eth to bitcoin. If so, the bitcoin price would not drop 10% yesterday.
1btcdream

Activity: 393
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:25:11 AM

Why is the Ethereum price decreasing day by day?

Because sometimes things have to decrease towards zero.

This is done to have it go to $1000 within a couple of years.

~CfA~

But we don't know if ETH is still alive by then, one thing for sure it won't reach the said price per ETH.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:45:34 AM

I do not think the Ethereum holders are converting the eth to bitcoin. If so, the bitcoin price would not drop 10% yesterday.

I could imagine that it is the other way round. Btc users are converting into ether, at least the next few days. Till after halving.
To avoid the uncertainty of the upcoming halving.
This could give ether another push!

It's me!!!
sakinaka

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:23:58 AM

I'll clear all the FUD : Ethereum wasn't hacked at all. That was just The DAO. There is not consequence on Ethereum at all.[/b]
Then, to reply to OP, that's quite simple : the halving. That's what's draining all the altcoins for more than a month.

So why they want SF, HF if Ethereum was not affected?

That's a kind of roll-back to cancel these transactions. Since The DAO was funded by ethers, Ethereum can do something since that's still its currency.

S h o p e o   

Decentralized Amazon & ICO hub
       ◢ Thread      Whitepaper      Bounties

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
     ██             ████████████▀
     ████▄         █████████████▀
     ▀████████▄▄   █████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████
        █████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████▀
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████████▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
       JOIN
  ONE WEEK ICO
[
AUGUST
10 - 17th
]
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:59:33 PM

I could imagine that it is the other way round. Btc users are converting into ether, at least the next few days. Till after halving.

Given all the coins in this space, ether might literally at the moment the most uncertain bet you can place your value into. If I had to choose between a halving event that has already elevated the price from 450 to 650, or a hacking event that has recently devalued a coin from 20 to 10 dollars, hell, I want the first choice.

TLDR: ether is not a 'haven' asset for bitcoin holders, ESP in its present condition.

It's like acknowledging the uncertainty of the Halving, but ignoring the elephant shaped Ethereum hard fork in the room.
Carlsen

Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:46:00 AM

Given all the coins in this space, ether might literally at the moment the most uncertain bet you can place your value into. If I had to choose between a halving event that has already elevated the price from 450 to 650, or a hacking event that has recently devalued a coin from 20 to 10 dollars, hell, I want the first choice.

TLDR: ether is not a 'haven' asset for bitcoin holders, ESP in its present condition.

It's like acknowledging the uncertainty of the Halving, but ignoring the elephant shaped Ethereum hard fork in the room.

Yeah the hard fork is a big uncertainty, but I don't think it will come before halving...
By the way, when are thy planing to do so? is there some sort of time table?

It's me!!!
densuj
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:53:50 AM

As etherium is decreasing, so can we have a reason behind that and what are the future expectations.
I think about price of ethereum who going down it is just fluctuating of price there are not special about that. Every cryptos always be fluctuating even if bitcoin its self. But it is just my opinion using tecnical analysis.
clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:17:34 AM

I'll clear all the FUD : Ethereum wasn't hacked at all. That was just The DAO. There is not consequence on Ethereum at all.[/b]
Then, to reply to OP, that's quite simple : the halving. That's what's draining all the altcoins for more than a month.

So why they want SF, HF if Ethereum was not affected?

That's a kind of roll-back to cancel these transactions. Since The DAO was funded by ethers, Ethereum can do something since that's still its currency.

Lets tell the brutal truth.

Since some of the Eth devs and leadership are most likely amongst the biggest DAO bagholders and stand to take a massive loss they used their privileged position to roll back history and save their own bacon.  Most likely at the expense of every person who believed in ETH....

Sorry but changing history and rolling back the blockchain has never helped any altcoin and i suspect it will kill ETH too.  I recommend dont be a bagholder
ramzifcb48

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:33:22 AM

Just  because the DAO be stolen, and I think the ETH will be rise slowlly!
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:37:01 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541452.0
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: