Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:04:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice to help you not get trolled or be annoyed by the trolls when you do...  (Read 318 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 05:40:27 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2016, 05:54:37 PM by CIYAM

Firstly - use the "Watchlist" feature (and once you've got used to doing that never bother clicking on "Show new replies to your posts" ever again - as you can't control that unless you delete all your posts from the topics you don't want to bother with any longer).

By using the Watchlist feature you can later just "unwatch" any topic that is starting to be trolled and annoy you (the link is in the same group as the reply link is at the top right or bottom right of the list of posts).

Secondly - use "self-moderated topics" (like I've done with this one). The trolls actually don't want to waste their time making posts that they know you'll just delete (so they generally don't - and it's easy enough to delete their rubbish as quickly as they post it).

Thirdly (and I'll be doing this shortly) - lock your topic if you're going to bed (you can unlock it the next day if you want the topic to continue). This way you don't need to wake up to a bunch of troll posts that you need to delete (a much more pleasant experience).

Also - even if you forgot to make your topic "self-moderated" you can still lock it (link is at the bottom left of the screen).

This forum is thoroughly infested with trolls (more so than any other forum I've ever used since the 1990's) so I hope these three points can help to make your experience less annoying/frustrating.

Also around 95% of all posts on this forum are now just plain rubbish (so don't be disappointed if you get zero intelligent posts from any topic that you create - that is now the norm - the point of this forum is seemingly just for nonsense posters to earn pennies with ad sigs or for scammers to fool greedy idiots to fund ICOs rather than to support any intelligent discussion about anything).

Oh - and when you've got to my level of success you'll find that the trolls will actually try and parody your topic (so you might expect to see another topic just like this one created by someone trying to troll me). Take that as a form of flattery that obviously you must matter so much to such idiots that they feel the need to try and parody you. Cheesy

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: