Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't spend  (Read 857 times)
Bungeebones (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:55:52 PM

Hey all. I've been running Armory 93.3 on Ubuntu w/o issue until it started acting buggy the last 2-3 transactions. A few of them never got confirmations and, so, I used Help->Clear Unconfirmed (I think I've had to do that 3 times or so).

Now I can't spend at all. It gives the popup that the transaction has been rejected.

I then tried exporting the private keys. I opened the wallet and clicked the backup and created the list of private keys. I found a couple keys with positive balances and copied one. I removed the spaces and imported it into blockchain.info successfully. Strangely (to me ) it reports it has a zero balance there but a modest balnce in my Armory.

I'm running Armory in manual mode ( i.e. I start bitcoin core manually and then start Armory).

and running Bitcoin Core version v0.12.1.0-g9779e1e (64-bit)

Thanks
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:05:56 PM

Hello, you can try to import those private keys into other services, u can find some useful information here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys. Are all your previous tx's confirmed? It could be that you are trying to send unconfirmed funds.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:07:46 PM

The first thing I would do is install the latest version of Armory.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1427026.0

Be sure that the new version of Armory has a clean folder for it's database.

If you are still having issues after that, you will probably want to show goatpig some log files.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Bungeebones (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:16:46 PM

The first thing I would do is install the latest version of Armory.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1427026.0

Be sure that the new version of Armory has a clean folder for it's database.

If you are still having issues after that, you will probably want to show goatpig some log files.

Will that require a new download of the blockchain?
Bungeebones (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:34:04 PM

Also, any ideas why Armory (0.93.3) isn't telling me there is a new version available?
frankmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:36:59 PM

Also, any ideas why Armory (0.93.3) isn't telling me there is a new version available?

That is probably the downside of ubuntu, i used to had that same problem with electrum.

I just copied the private keys and imported them to my blockchain.info wallet to get to my funds.
Bungeebones (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 09:36:43 PM

So far I haven't been able to import the funds into Blockchain.info. It reported a successful import but the funds don't show up? They still show up as available in armory though? I've never exported keys before. Will the armory address that the private key is for also show as the same address at Blockchain.info? I would think yes because the public address is generated from the key correct/ or no?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6648

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 09:50:21 PM

Will that require a new download of the blockchain?
No. However it will require that it rebuilds the databases, but that is supposed to happen and it will be a lot quicker. The databases are also a lot smaller now. However, you will have to go to the armory data directory and delete the databases folder. After you install 0.94.1 but before you start it up, go to ~/.armory and delete the folder named "databases". Then start Armory.

That is probably the downside of ubuntu, i used to had that same problem with electrum.
You just don't know what you are talking about.

The reason Armory doesn't tell you about the new version is because the new version is not developed by Armory Technologies Inc (ATI) but rather by Goatpig (a former ATI employee) who was given control over Armory. However ATI controls the announcements server and not goatpig. The announcements system has also been down for a while and it was removed in the latest version.

Bungeebones (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:23:46 PM

Thanks knightdk,

That explains alot (like support links stopped working etc.).

I'll give it a shot.

What about the future of Armory?  I thought Alan Ranier did a great job but never knew any of the other developers. Is Trace Mayer (an investor) still involved? Was this a fork in the Armory open source code or did Alan just go on to other things?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6648

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 10:41:23 PM

What about the future of Armory?  I thought Alan Ranier did a great job but never knew any of the other developers. Is Trace Mayer (an investor) still involved? Was this a fork in the Armory open source code or did Alan just go on to other things?
Have a read of this thread, especially the first post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351924.0

Bungeebones (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:04:52 PM

Thanks knoghtdk. For the link and for the armory help. The new installation was very sweet. The database reload was SO quick! Love it!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: