Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:44:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you sick of Monero trollers?
Yes! - 21 (34.4%)
Of course! - 10 (16.4%)
Who wouldn't be? - 7 (11.5%)
It really is harming their coins reputation... - 23 (37.7%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash Enthusiast  (Read 7393 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:56:04 PM

It's kinda not free speech when you pay them to troll others.
Nice try though.

Lol, not saying it is our isn't paid, but isn't paid political speech "free speech", at least in USA after citizen's united ruling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 12:04:36 AM

Nice try though.

Nobody is getting paid, that's a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 12:10:40 AM

Ok, fair enough. Let me ask YOU this, then. Do you condone the behaviour of these individuals? Do you think that is the direction that Monero (and crypto as a whole) should be taking? I've got my Twitter account waiting for your answer, either way...

I absolutely, 100% think that the claims of projects should be questioned. I devote a few minutes to that very topic in a talk I recently gave in Arnhem in the Netherlands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YVlQE-ObEXk#t=1606 (YouTube link should take you straight to the right time in the talk, else fast-forward to 26:46).

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:14:59 AM

I look forward to Dash's peer-reviewed white papers that contain no mathematics.
And I look forward to Monero's leaders standing up and publicly denouncing the wretched behaviour of their band of trolls that serve to make all of crypto look bad, not to mention hold Monero back. Alas, that will never happen either.

We need to end this. I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. I hope you are in agreement on that point.

I will absolutely not denounce anyone. They are intelligent individuals who are welcome to say whatever they want. If I am to denounce them because they are critical of some other project, where does that end? What if some community members decide they don't like sushi, which I love - should I denounce them too? What if they have different moral beliefs, or religious beliefs, or they don't love dogs as much as I do?

Your call for "Monero's leaders" (such as they exist) to denounce members of the community for this is a disgusting attack on free speech.

Them disliking sushi doesn't harm your project.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 12:21:01 AM

Ok, fair enough. Let me ask YOU this, then. Do you condone the behaviour of these individuals? Do you think that is the direction that Monero (and crypto as a whole) should be taking? I've got my Twitter account waiting for your answer, either way...

I absolutely, 100% think that the claims of projects should be questioned.
Nice dance around the subject.
That's not what I asked you.
The tactics used by these individuals are arguably overshadowing the technology behind your coin.

Do you condone trolling of other coins by members of your community? Is that what you want Monero to be known for?
Take a stand, man!

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:23:46 AM

What a stupid thread. You worked so hard, and this is the best you could do? The poll options are so pointless and biased as well. All in all,  a big fail. Just like Dash

The best part.. Dash and XMR aren't in competition with each other. Dash isn't even anon since their instaminer Developer couldn't figure out how to implement masternode blinding. Such fail  Sad
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:28:47 AM

Btw, most of the obnoxious Monerotards are actually Dash people posing as Monero supporters.. keep it up shitbags
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:30:07 AM

What a stupid fucking thread. You worked so hard on this thread, and this is the best you could do? The poll options are so pointless and biased as well. All in all,  a big fail. Just like Dash and their coward developer Evan Duffield

I would hazard a guess that reverse-troll attacks against Monero are likely to become more prevalent as Dash's marketcap gets lower and Monero's marketcap gets higher.

The more Dash fails, the more it is likely to reverse troll.

That's the Bytecoin Strategy.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 12:36:04 AM

I realized what faults Bitcoin really had that didn't seem to be on anyones roadmap to getting fixed, so I started looking for Bitcoin 2.0

[greedy low-information Gavinista buttcoining intensifies]

What a cunning stunt!  You sure fooled me!    Wink

I'm shocked a high profile member of #DashNation would intentionally make false statements about quitting, and then make more false statements about his intention to join XMR.   Begging for spare change under false/malicious pretenses was an extra-classy cherry on top!  Tongue

Were you being dishonest then, dishonest now, or both?

Or do you even know anymore?  You done smoked yourself schizo son.  And stupid (you couldn't understand Core's roadmap if you tried).

Remember when you wrote this?

Dash is broken, and has an identity crisis.

http://www.thedashguy.com/2016/02/05/dash-is-broken-and-has-an-identity-crisis/

Dash has an identity crisis. The community is broken, spirits are beaten down and everyone is divided and clueless about the direction in which they should be heading, in the long run.

Everyone who lacks the capacity to see so far into the future that they accept cheap monetary gains instead of unleashing Dash onto the world with their efforts instead of their wallets. Up until 2 days ago, Dash was on board with( possibly still is) Transform PR, a Public Relations firm that has previously done business with other “altcoins” and had very little to show for it.

Some people even say they are just a bunch of great salesman who prey on these smaller altcoins promising the land of riches and fame while only supplying out dated marketing techniques and a bloated approach to PR.

This is not 2002, we have this thing called Dash which is essentially a fuckin skynet of crypto and we are doing what with it? We are hiring a goddamn PR company to fix our broken spirits. And satisfy the majority of people who are yearning for short terms profits.

Dash paid Transform PR $6000 to do nothing but sneak Duffield into the Satoshi Roundtable.

And that was a humiliating PR disaster, as Duffield hid behind his wife and then ran away to avoid the hardball questions of Bitcoin Uncensored.

Meanwhile, fluffypony got along with them splendidly, and Monero scored a serendipitous PR coup as a result of the interview.   Cheesy

Keep it real bro, you are a sterling example of a typical millennial DashHole.  Have fun in the #DashNation, where @yidakee shits on you over and over.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:37:35 AM

"Anonymous" only accept Monero  Grin

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:10:16 AM

LOLOLOL XMR GOT OWNED - REVERSE TROLLED.....

Sucks to be the guy that gave TheDashGuy a few hundred $$$ for thinking he defected hahahahahahaha - how does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine!
elishagh1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:17:53 AM

I think you might have outsmarted yourself in the long run m8.  Good troll and good luck with your shitcoin. Grin
Next time you will loose a billion dollar
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 01:26:16 AM

I'm still waiting, Riccardo.

Do you condone trolling of other coins by members of your community? Is that what you want Monero to be known for?
Take a stand, man!
*crickets*

Is this the caliber of people you would like to invest in? If not, there's room for you in Dash Nation:

www.dash.org
www.dashnation.com

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:32:45 AM

I'm still waiting, Riccardo.

Take a stand, man!
*crickets*

Is this the caliber of people you would like to invest in? If not, there's room for you in Dash Nation:

www.dash.org
www.dashnation.com

How is anyone supposed to participate in Dash Nation if you suppress free speech?

TheDashGuy enjoyed the freedom to roam around the Monero subreddit to pull off his little prank.

That is not possible to do with Dash because of their policy on speech restrictions and banning dissent.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 02:07:23 AM

I am amazed, the Dash turned out to be an absolute gutter of a community.

Btw Technically sound individuals wont be impressed by soda selling machines
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 02:17:33 AM

I look forward to Dash's peer-reviewed white papers that contain no mathematics.
And I look forward to Monero's leaders standing up and publicly denouncing the wretched behaviour of their band of trolls that serve to make all of crypto look bad, not to mention hold Monero back. Alas, that will never happen either.

We need to end this. I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. I hope you are in agreement on that point.

I will absolutely not denounce anyone. They are intelligent individuals who are welcome to say whatever they want. If I am to denounce them because they are critical of some other project, where does that end? What if some community members decide they don't like sushi, which I love - should I denounce them too? What if they have different moral beliefs, or religious beliefs, or they don't love dogs as much as I do?

Your call for "Monero's leaders" (such as they exist) to denounce members of the community for this is a disgusting attack on free speech.

Have you denounced TheDashGuy? No, you celebrated his pretending to be someone else and taking people's money based on this false information. Once a house of scammers, always a house of scammers.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:21:44 AM

Nice try though.

It's also not fact when you have no proof of your claims.

Wow the irony

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:27:01 AM

Sucks to be the guy that gave TheDashGuy a few hundred $$$ for thinking he defected hahahahahahaha - how does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine!

So you condone such behavior by one of your own supporters?

wow

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:28:05 AM

wow
Not normally. Read the op and my post. A taste of your own medicine.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:29:38 AM

wow
Not normally. Read the op and my post. A taste of your own medicine.

A taste of my own medicine?

What are you talking about?

So are you going to answer the question directly or continue to deflect away from condoning such behavior?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: