Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:24:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you sick of Monero trollers?
Yes! - 21 (34.4%)
Of course! - 10 (16.4%)
Who wouldn't be? - 7 (11.5%)
It really is harming their coins reputation... - 23 (37.7%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash Enthusiast  (Read 7393 times)
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:49:56 AM

Can we just please let it go? if anything he has proven how nice the Monero community is. Trolls be trollin'....

In my opinion all has been said about dash, re iterating the same arguments for another few years will change nothing. It will collapse under its pretense of mass adoption (when there is no mass adoption of crypto in sight), the weak liquidity, the high concentration of funds in very few hands, the insolvable ambiguity of company antics run by amateurish managers versus open source development or the only currently existing use case which is to pay close to 4000 nodes for verifying a few transactions every 5 minutes, further adding to the concentration of funds. lol.

Yes, monero has even less transactions. It also doesn't require 27,x million USD tied up in nodes to do that. I can't even write that without shaking my head....

No need to harp on the instamine any longer.

I personally can live with signature whores, newbie accounts and scamcoin proponents calling the Monero community arrogant and obnoxious. Who gives a shit.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmirkinPepe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:03:52 AM

This Monero - Dash rivalry is like a bad sitcom. And yes that is a pleonasm.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 08:13:55 AM

The actions of some individuals in one social media site does not equate to Dash suppressing free speech. I can't speak for the individual you speak of (I would need examples) but I can for myself and I am perfectly OK with criticism and debate. Dash.org, the Dash ANN, the Dash Nation thread are all either unmoderated or slightly moderated for BS like spam. Plenty of avenues to get valid opinions and criticism in.

First up, the reason you had "crickets" from me was because I was asleep. I'm sorry I chose to sleep at 3am instead of continuing this discussion. I find it's always best to remember that people live all over the world, and long-form discussions don't need to occur when you happen to be online.

Now to the point: your quoted post is incredibly hypocritical. You're calling on me to speak for some individuals on one social media site, because apparently their actions equate to Monero's actions. Pot. Kettle. Black.
Not really. I'm going on record as saying that I don't condone censorship, people getting banned because someone doesn't agree with a post on Reddit. My position on this is clear. Enough of the bullshit and let's get on with the business at hand of making the future currencies of the world.

I've asked you before, and I will ask you again, do you or do you not condone the actions of the Monero trolls? Do you think that trolling other coins is a good way to gain publicity? Are you happy that people think of this when they think about Monero?

I'm still waiting for an answer, Riccardo.

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:31:45 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 08:46:16 AM by rangedriver

I've asked you before, and I will ask you again, do you or do you not condone the actions of the Monero trolls?

Can you name the Monero trolls that you're talking about?

Are you even cognizant of the fact that you're exploiting a piece of reverse-troll propaganda and thus in actuality yourself trolling? Do you condone Dash trolls, or are you in denial that such a thing exists?

You say you don't condone censorship from the Dash moderation team - that is BasilPop, evand82 (Evan Duffield), tungfa and others.

Are you going to condone these guys? Are you going to condone Evan Duffield?

Do you have any appreciation of the size of the hypocrisy you're currently peddling? And how is it that critical dissent is forbidden on the Dashpay reddit where blatant racism is tolerated. (Yes. That is actually a thing.)

Your hypocrisy is absolutely stunning.
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 08:34:26 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 10:23:38 AM by bolehvpn

Guys, do take a look here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/4r9mc9/time_to_end_the_xmr_vs_dash_battle_confessions_of/

Some of us (including those on the Dash core team and devs) are willing to make the refund if TheDashGuy refuses.

"[–]
2WrongsNotRight 4 points an hour ago*

I am a developer with a number of commits in the DASH repository. I am posting from a new account because I do not want my identity to influence the evaluation of my comments.

Yes the Monero community has many trolls and likely more than DASH. However ignoring their baseless attacks and responding to occasional valid criticism is far more effective than this continued back and forth. I am not defending the Monero community, but I will not defend /u/TheDashGuy either.

I hope that /u/TheDashGuy returns the donations he received until false pretenses. Since we can only attempt to persuade him to do so, perhaps the DASH community will do so on his behalf should he refuse.

If no action is take in the next few days, I may consider refunding the XMR myself because that is the right thing to do. This PR move by /u/TheDashGuy is embarrassing.

I understand that some may accuse me of FUD or question my motivation. Please focus on my comments instead. If I need to reveal my identity I will do so but I will also simultaneously resign from all future DASH development efforts and write an open letter explaining my reasons along with an offer to personally refund the donated XMR. I have faith that the DASH community will take the high ground so that does not happen.

It is important to note that the people who made the XMR donations to /u/TheDashGuy until false pretenses were not the trolls being complained about.

EDIT: Whether you agree with me on not please upvote this topic for visibility. It deserves discussion. Ignoring the issue may cause some unintended consequences that can still be easily avoided.
"

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:38:21 AM

Holy fuck…

As someone, who isn't really involved in this feud, this thread looks quite impressive. Started today and 4 pages already.

Is there any other reason for Dash and Monero screaming at each other, apart from them having the same potential use cases and users?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:08:51 AM

Hmm Trolling ? Donations ? Drama ?
..yawn i am bored  Cry

Wake me up when something interesting happens !

I just find it interesting seeing more than 1 guy Trolling then admitting it and then bragging about it.
Are we aware of the rules here ?

My side of the fight ?
Neither.. Anon coins are a bad idea.
Sorry guys  Cheesy Grin

FUD first & ask questions later™
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 10:13:04 AM

Are you even cognizant of the fact that you're exploiting a piece of reverse-troll propaganda and thus in actuality yourself trolling? Do you condone Dash trolls, or are you in denial that such a thing exists?
I wasn't talking to you here, I was asking a question to Riccardo. I have nothing to do with this OP caper, I just know that this whole thing is getting both sides nowhere fast. So I'm not trolling.

I do not condone trolling from either side. I also do not condone censorship over legitimate debate and criticism from anybody in Dash. While I can't control anyone and can't stop them from doing these things if they wish to, I've been abundantly clear where I stand on these issues. I'm simply asking a respected member of the Monero community where he stands on them, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Silence speaks volumes...

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:20:21 AM

I wasn't talking to you here, I was asking a question to Riccardo. I have nothing to do with this OP caper, I just know that this whole thing is getting both sides nowhere fast. So I'm not trolling.

I do not condone trolling from either side. I also do not condone censorship over legitimate debate and criticism from anybody in Dash. While I can't control anyone and can't stop them from doing these things if they wish to, I've been abundantly clear where I stand on these issues. I'm simply asking a respected member of the Monero community where he stands on them, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Your first attempt to imply that "crickets" had anything to do with anything was debunked...now you are at it again?

Speaks volumes?

Why not just be patient, not everyone responds instantly as you would appear to want.

Take a step back and perhaps go do something else and return later and maybe you'll get a response.  Kiss

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 10:24:10 AM

Your first attempt to imply that "crickets" had anything to do with anything was debunked...now you are at it again?

Speaks volumes?

Why not just be patient, not everyone responds instantly as you would appear to want.

Take a step back and perhaps go do something else and come back and maybe you'll get a response.  Kiss
Good advice. I think I will go promote Dash a bit on Twitter and then go to bed. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow. Cheers.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:35:16 AM

^But he was on short time, that's just how he put it, short time. There was an electric rush running through him he hadn't felt since the stocks. The interview went great, spot on, liek a modern Leonardo describing masterpieces, splendid. Line after line, he rambed in half-lucid thoughts about his fintech surprise. I just got propositioned by a queer he said to me, as he ran past me to the streets..

The Evan's Gate graphic novel is going to be E.P.I.C.

Now we just need to put in a FFS request for an illustrator.

Can we get Dave McKean and Bill Sienkiewicz to team up?

Someone scratched my novel and killed my sock. Moderators are always cramping my style. Angry

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 11:44:45 AM

Not really. I'm going on record as saying that I don't condone censorship, people getting banned because someone doesn't agree with a post on Reddit. My position on this is clear. Enough of the bullshit and let's get on with the business at hand of making the future currencies of the world.

I've asked you before, and I will ask you again, do you or do you not condone the actions of the Monero trolls? Do you think that trolling other coins is a good way to gain publicity? Are you happy that people think of this when they think about Monero?

You're not my friend. You don't get to use my first name.

I honestly don't see the trolling you claim exists. Sure, iCEBREAKER goes off on things, but he's no worse than Spoetnik. I think people need to stop being so sensitive and use the ignore button. I certainly have no control over what iCEBREAKER says or doesn't say, nor would I ever want to waste what little influence I have trying to force the community to follow my ideological beliefs.

That said, I definitely do not condone TheDashGuy's asking for donations and implying the donations would go towards him working on Monero:

That is borderline fraud.

btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:08:04 PM

what if the "monero troll team" is damaging intentionally XMR and DASH as reverse trolling from some other coin?

for example:

coin x, y and z are competitors.

trolls from coin x dress themselves as troll from coin y to attack z.

coin y and z get both reputation damage, spam accusations and so on.

coin x wins.

assuming y is monero and z is dash. who might be coin x in this situation?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:42:41 PM

Of course he does condone, but won't say anything on record.

Only this time there was a backlash and butts are hurt when the premier troll hero icebreaker is humiliated for his premature ejaculation.

iCEBREAKER did nothing wrong.

Except probably donate 240xmr to the dash guy rofl rofl

Supporting the coin you are supposed to be trolling. Fail much???

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:53:50 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 02:53:26 PM by Febo

what if the "monero troll team" is damaging intentionally XMR and DASH as reverse trolling from some other coin?

for example:

coin x, y and z are competitors.

trolls from coin x dress themselves as troll from coin y to attack z.

coin y and z get both reputation damage, spam accusations and so on.

coin x wins.

assuming y is monero and z is dash. who might be coin x in this situation?

Those that FUD Monero and try to make bad public image are not only from DASH. Monero is dangerous to way more other coins then just one.  

As i said milion times everyone has right to tell the truth. Actually should be our duty. At least for those with strong nerves. No one should spread lies and modify history.  That will return to DASH and other coins as a boomerang. Also this action here.

.. of a crippled coin raped by botnets without wallet and practical use.

lol when i checked your post history i just found what i posted up.

crippled
raped
no wallet

why need to post lies? all 3 words are untrue.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:00:28 PM

Look at the instaminers like illodin defending their shitcoin. Defending while they dump their instamined dashcoins on the victims

Illodin and eduffield (aka "taylor05") should be in jail for this shit

Dash Sad
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:03:15 PM

Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash supporter, troll and critic.

There has long been a feud between Monero & Dash, as well as among Monero and the rest of the crypto space.. but lets take a step back. I started researching Bitcoin back in 2010, and finally jumped in mid 2011, because I saw a way to become unbanked, I saw a way to help push the world forward, and most of all, I saw a way to give children (one day) a better life than I had, with more freedoms, less taxes and more life overall in general. I'm not here to make a quick buck, I'm here to help fix the world. Let's get that cleared up right away. (feel free to verify this inside the Dash community)

This was the beginning of my obsession with the crypto space, the blockchain and decentralization overall.. after a few years I realized what faults Bitcoin really had that didn't seem to be on anyones roadmap to getting fixed, so I started looking for Bitcoin 2.0, I spent quite a few months last year digging through BTCtalk, forums, social media and in IRC channels. I found quite a few wonderfully ingenious ideas that I wasn't sure would take off in the process, but at the end of it all I settled on adding Dash to my portfolio (yes I know all about the instamine, not here to discuss that, I'm here to discuss why I never found out about, nor care about Monero and why I believe that is the case). And I hope after reading this the Monero trolls will calm their asses down...because the only reason this story is being written is out of the pure hilarity of it. Otherwise I would have just kept it to myself and giggled all the way to the bank!

Anyways, I'm not the best writer as you can see, so I will just jump right in to the funnies and life lessons.

Trolling is bad, useless & waste of everyones time. (unless you are me)
We all know Monero loves to troll the rest of the communities out there in an effort to claw up some more exposure, and while I will give them props for thier ability to mobilize quickly, I would go as far to say these tactics are harming Monero overall in the long run. Having Monero supporters planted everywhere in an almost NSA like effort to infiltrate the crowd, is NOT what crypto is about, crypto is about pushing the world forward, whether that's with Bitcoin, Monero, Dash, or even Litecoin I couldn't care less. I just want us to succeed as a whole, I want to live in a (more) decentralized world where I'm not someone's corporate slave, and sadly Monerobros, you guys are helping ruin that entire idea with your tactless trolling and attacking of anyone/everyone in this space.

Most children only learn a lesson by experiencing it for themselves and extrapolating that lesson, let's apply this to Monero trolls.

The Monerobros as of late have taken notice of my scolding some Dash core team members (on the Dash forums) and thought it would be a good idea to quote me and create threads about how awesomely honest I am and how they would love me in their monerobro crew.. so me being the jokester I am thought it would be funny to drop by the "Dashnation civil war" war thread and joke around, little did I know MONERO HAS THE MOST GULLIBLE CROWD IN CRYPTO! After posting my funny post, people started suggesting I was a fake and to post proof on the Monero Subreddit on TheDashGuy reddit account, so I did. Then I proceeded to play this angle for a few hours walking a very fine line between having "quit" Dash to supposedly becoming a "Monero convert", within hours I had started receive some donations and at first it was merely just fun and games, then eventually hit 9 XMR, 30 XMR, 240 XMR.. then finally 300 XMR  I will be using your funds to fund DashNation content and I am super greatful some of you have such a good heart, regardless of this, I still have to make a point about how this type of attitude is being wasted in your community, you guys spend so much time arguing, shaming, bitching & trolling that you don't have anytime left over to actually grow your coin! It's craziness I tell you!

Toxicity is bad for everyone.  And bad for Crypto!
Noone listens to you or takes you seriously anyways, I should know. And let me be clear, I have nothing against Monero as a currency, but I do despise FUD, and the general being an ass without a cause. If you have to be rude to get your point across, maybe do more research on your point and come back with a better argument? Trolling will do nothing but further ruin Monero's reputation, so get it under control or face a backlash of enormous effects from the entire crypto world when everyone collectively gets sick of this.

Some screens for added effect:

This is some of the $120 given out in the Dash Slack

This is some of all the lovely tips I received for "defecting from Dash" (which never happened, they just cherry picked me blowing up on core team of disagreements and quitting the Dash forums to better spend my time supporting Dash than arguing with a stupid member there all the time)

This is some of the donations about to rain on all the online members of the Slack channel! They loved it!

You guys have a very nice community aside from the trolls from what I can tell, so do something about it before those trolls take you down with them. I for one don't see a point in all this infighting between coins, we are all here for the same reason, the reason I stated I am here, to change the world. And we cannot do that divided, so stop trolling and start hugging!

TLDR:
If any of you are tired of the unhealthy trolling behavior, maybe look into a coin like Dash that is advancing crypto, as you guys may notice we often keep our heads down and keep marching forward, something more cryptos should be doing, not this crap. And sidenote; Monero fellas are quite gullible: Noone quit Dash for Monero, Sorry! I may have issues with certain aspects of the currency, but I'm still here, working my ass off for it. I hope to improve and fix the issues I see, not cry and bitch until I get bored and move on. We should all try being a little nicer to one another around here and stop throwing shit around all day, it stinks!

Sincerely,
A Crypto Evangelist since 2011

oh and here's some links for fun and historical purposes:

This thread is why I did this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1534087.0 ( I run DashNation LOL & there is no "civil war", just more trolling.)

These threads were funny:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4qyi33/someone_owes_me_fanboy_tips/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4qywbx/what_are_moneros_pain_points_marketing_design/

Some people inspired to participate with my funnies:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4r2oq9/am_done_with_dash_seriously/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4r0tso/i_was_into_dash_but/

Grin Wink Roll Eyes Tongue Grin Cheesy

Oh and go checkout DashNation the website everyone! http://www.dashnation.com/

edit: Enjoy the 4th of July Fireworks everyone! Off to a BBQ I go!

LOL at the new DASH trolling techniques.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:25:31 PM

TLDR:
If any of you are tired of the unhealthy trolling behavior, maybe look into a coin like Dash that is advancing crypto, as you guys may notice we often keep our heads down and keep marching forward, something more cryptos should be doing, not this crap.

A small DASH vocabulary:

"advancing crypto"Claiming all sorts of fantastic features that don't have any cryptographic proof and are flawed by design
"keep our heads down"Pay for marketing, promoting a HYIP MLM Ponzi scheme everywhere while avoiding critical journalism
"marching forward"Pumping roadmaps about "evolution" while nothing substantial is released almost one year after the anouncement
"this crap"Publish research papers which actually try to move forward the cryptocurrency space (http://lab.getmonero.org)

If any of you are tired of the unhealthy trolling behavior, maybe look into a coin like Dash that is claiming all sorts of fantastic features that don't have any cryptographic proof and are flawed by design, as you guys may notice we often pay for marketing, promoting a HYIP MLM Ponzi scheme everywhere while avoiding critical journalism and keep pumping roadmaps about "evolution" while nothing substantial is released almost one year after the anouncement, something more cryptos should be doing, not publish research papers which actually try to move forward the cryptocurrency space.
whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:30:55 PM

Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash supporter, troll and critic.

Dumb idea.

This has nothing to do with DASH, just a random guy seeking for attention:

https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@thedashguy/thedashguy-is-on-steemit-aka-the-new-reddit-aka-decentralized-social-media-aka-hell-yea-finally

Whoever send that guy XMR are themselves to blame, stupidity is beautifully punished.

The Dash community might think the same of Monero whenever iCEBREAKER appears on their boards, and although annoying, he shows a little bit more class than this dude at least.
I'm proMonero, but a quick glimpse at the DASH subreddit shows that they do not support that guys action neither.

If people could finally stop taking things personal and start ignoring obvious Trolls we could have plain Tech speak for itself. The thing is that a bunch of people wouldnt know what to do better with their (limited) lifetime and resources then.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 03:54:25 PM

Dumb idea.

This has nothing to do with DASH, just a random guy seeking for attention:

https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@thedashguy/thedashguy-is-on-steemit-aka-the-new-reddit-aka-decentralized-social-media-aka-hell-yea-finally

Whoever send that guy XMR are themselves to blame, stupidity is beautifully punished.

The Dash community might think the same of Monero whenever iCEBREAKER appears on their boards, and although annoying, he shows a little bit more class than this dude at least.
I'm proMonero, but a quick glimpse at the DASH subreddit shows that they do not support that guys action neither.

If people could finally stop taking things personal and start ignoring obvious Trolls we could have plain Tech speak for itself. The thing is that a bunch of people wouldnt know what to do better with their (limited) lifetime and resources then.

I fully agree with that notion...

I mean, to each is there own as to what each person thinks makes the best privacy focused coin, whether that be with masternodes or ring CT, and etc... But each side of the spectrum can't continuously beat down the other side because of the few community members who are continuously out on the fringes of both sides who make the most noise than any of the other members of their respective communities.

I'm pretty certain if it weren't for these few "trolls" (I'm starting to get sick of seeing the use of this word so often), then the very large majority of both communities would be able to get along with each other and have intelligent conversations about what is best for a coin that can fix issues that bitcoin is being faced with right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: