Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:07:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you sick of Monero trollers?
Yes! - 21 (34.4%)
Of course! - 10 (16.4%)
Who wouldn't be? - 7 (11.5%)
It really is harming their coins reputation... - 23 (37.7%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash Enthusiast  (Read 7391 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 05:13:37 AM

The whole crypto space is full of scams, trolls, assholes & worse. I play my one fucking joke and the shit show comes to my feet.

Good fucking riddance.

What a fucking hypocrite--you're probably the type of guy who argues with his girlfriend, goes out and cheats on her, and then blames her for "making him" cheat on her.

Grow-up. No one forced you to fake being someone else and take money from the people who believed you.

And yeah, they should have been more careful with their money, but that doesn't reduce (let alone excuse you from) your part.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:14:36 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 06:18:55 AM by billotronic

if a tree fell in a forest... and it landed on dash and xmr, would anyone care?

regardless of whatever 'advances' either project has made for the greater good of crypto and us, the users, they are shadowed by the shit show bullshit that comes from both camps.

even with a hypothetical hit against our crypto goals, I often wonder if the 'scene' would be better off with both projects disappearing.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 05:23:12 AM

I don't even care anymore, i've got half a mind to leave this shitshow of crypto behind and get back to real life, 40+ hours a week working on Dash and related shit for free has burnt me out.

The whole crypto space is full of scams, trolls, assholes & worse. I play my one fucking joke and the shit show comes to my feet.

Good fucking riddance.

I'll take that as confirmation you have zero intention of returning the XMR you scammed using fraud.

Oh you're "burnt" out, you poor dear?  I'm sure it's all Monero's fault that Daniel, kot, and yidakee take turns shitting on you.

Or perhaps the real problem is you smoke too much "for medical reasons" to finish high school, much less contribute in a meaningful way to crypto?

The only thing I've ever seen the Dash and Monero communities overwhelmingly agree upon is that you are a total scumbag.

But I understand why you are so mad.  I set you up and played you like a marionette.  Dance for us, you fucking fail puppet!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:45:28 AM

Thank you to all the Dash users who helped us reach a fair resolution. I am quite impressed with how this entire situation was handled.

TheDashGuy you have plenty of great role models to choose from in the Dash community. Consider learning from (and reimbursing) bolehvpn:

Hi all, just to put an end to this story.

A couple of us from the Dash Community have made the refund. If you have donated to theDashGuy, you can approach @fluffypony to arrange the money to be sent to you.

He has also posted on reddit on this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4rhyxm/psa_the_dash_community_have_refunded_the/

Thank you.

sell_acc_for_2BTC

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 05:55:17 AM

DASH will never cross XMR! DASH will eventually crash... Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:10:03 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 06:20:12 AM by Spoetnik

That's great news. Glad to see that most people here are decent people. Guys like that thief do nothing to help promote crypto in general,nevermind whatever coin they happen to support.

Don't flatter yourselves..
The world does not care.
And it ain't because of a guy asking for donations here under a guise.

@Febo
You are far beyond stubborn.. to the point of delusion.
All you have ever done since you got here was call me a liar and a troll.
And i have never said 1 single thing that can not be proven.
So what do you expect me to think ?

You are blind ..take your "Monero Goggles" off and realize you are working for peanuts
for "Smashing Pumpkins Coin"
If you wanna brown nose smoothie and be Risto's lap-dog then go for it.
Just don't expect us to sit quietly and not laugh about it.

FUD you have cried about me specifically endlessly FEBO
even when i say something and give the damn links 100 million times.
So WTF ?

Cry FUD malfeasance "Free Market" for bucks $$$ much lately ?

@Billotronic
I agree but i have said many times..
It won't matter..
I said it's the guys who are behind Monero or other coins that is the BIG problem.
Not the coin.
Get rid of the coin and they will simply dive on another coin.
These older Monero guys for example or even Dash Wink
Were in on other coins before Monero & Dash..
This is just a another day in the scammy greedy profiteer saga we call the Altcoin scene.
Most of you were not around long enough to have the faintest clue what things used to be like.
Not many of these guys that are older here claim Monero or Dash was their first coin
..except Risto LOL
SO get it yet ?
Take away either and both camps will move to coin #6001 they both made & supported.

The reason they are all so militant is they are stuck and bag holders.
They knew long ago when i was fud'ing the cloning (and they were supporting it here publicly)
they had to stop and do a 180 and pull a long con.. then Monero etc was born
and then they put all their eggs in one basket.

FUD first & ask questions later™
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:56:45 AM

regardless of whatever 'advances' either project has made for the greater good of crypto and us, the users, they are shadowed by the shit show bullshit that comes from both camps.

even with a hypothetical hit against our crypto goals, I often wonder if the 'scene' would be better off with both projects disappearing.

The "Scene" wasn`t any better before... there were enough fights when it was solely Bitcoin too... if there are "camps" possible... there will be fights... welcome to the Internet.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:12:08 AM

The "Scene" wasn`t any better before... there were enough fights when it was solely Bitcoin too... if there are "camps" possible... there will be fights... welcome to the Internet.

There is now almost 1 million accounts here and 6,000+ ANN topics + others in Services etc.
So lets not sit here and pretend it is NOT 10,000x worse.. NOW.  Cheesy

And yeah this Dash / Monero drama is no good but both sides fuel it endlessly then blame each other.
Will there ever be a winner ?
How do you define that ? suckering in idiot investards causing the Poloniex XMR markets to go up in price ?
or..
World adoption of a CURRENCY ?

A currency not used ..is NOT a currency  Roll Eyes

It's been YEARS and i doubt either one will make any head way with adoption.. ever.
So..
Enjoy the never ending greedy shitcoin forum circle jerk.
Just remember the coins on centralized exchanges means nothing ..it's token #4,002 ..#4,003
So take away this forum to spam on and you have NOTHING.
No audience to cry troll or FUD to.. and no digital token to ramble on about.

When the life of a "currency" hinges entirely on the chatter on a forum
i'd say we got a massive sack of fail in our "bags"  Roll Eyes
And the twisted fucked up part is you all think NOTHING else matters  Cheesy

..time to grow up kids.

FUD first & ask questions later™
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 02:02:39 PM

Plot Twist!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

[Warning] Why I don't trust the price of Dash, nor the community. Be careful folks. Invest wisely. Diversify.

1. Dash is centrally controlled. This is a fact.

Dash used to be one of my favorite parts of the internet, since discovering Bitcoin. I spent weeks upon weeks reading up on Dash, after years of learning about Bitcoin and it's faults, Dash (Drk) at the time seemed like a logical next step forward, so I dove head first into Dash for a little over a year and spent a majority of my time working alongside the community to dream up cool projects, spread the word about Dash and so on, once I started asking the hard questions about the core team being accountable, the slander slowly began to build. Before you knew it, I was known as the town troll for "asking too many questions" and was sidelined as much as possible, simply for being critical of the teams decisions and asking them to act in the best interests of Dash, they did not. They are making loads of cash while controlling the "governance system" with large amounts of Masternodes and upvoting their own backdoor deals with companies that are friends of friends and so on . Any sort of critical thinking is not welcome in the Dash ecosystem and you will be sidelined due to it. So be careful. They are acting in their own interests, not in the interest of cryptocurrency. Hence the echo chamber being so powerful.

2. Dash is under researched, overhyped. It's all marketing.

InstandSend is the ONLY good thing Dash has going for it (and its completely wasted), governance is completely and purposely flawed as to enable control for the core team of no only the funds, but the mechanisms that drive the governance system too. You'd be surprised to find out most of the important things sucks as forking and what not are handled by Evan and Evan only, there is no consensus mechanism to force anyone in core to do anything, thus they do as they please and remain largely unchecked in doing so.

Darksend is a gimmick, sure maybe it can't be cracked super easily, but the use of it is a complete joke, not to mention Dash recently teamed up with Coinfirm to track all Dash purchases in the network, sound a little backwards to you? It did to me to. They also have lawyered up using blockchain taxed funds, spent quite a pretty penny (hundreds of thousands) on their own little side projects such as Lamassu ATM integration which still has yet to come to fruition and so on. The point being, Dash is nothing but a big echo chamber, be careful believing anything that comes from that community, they lure you in with false hopes of a better world of crypto currency just to break your heart when you find out they really just want to start their own crypto bankster project for their own selfish needs, that is not what I signed up for.

The Dash I understood when I started reading the docs and listening to Evans videos was a new form of "digital cash" for the people, controlled by the people. The Dash I found was just another wanna be get rich quick scheme covered in all the right hopes and promises. Be weary folks, a REAL digital cash will arrive one day, it might be called Bitcoin, it might be #Monero, hell it might even be #Litecoin if they go privacy first, but one thing I do know is it will not be Dash, until the entire core team is gone and the community controls Dash.

3. The Dash community is disingenuous. The "governance system' is flawed. The Core team controls majority of Masternodes.

Everyone in the Dash community who is left minus a few brave and stubborn souls (achem Camosoul, GrandMaster & Solarminer) is part of the problem, they are all lazy crypto currency supporters who are just here to make a quick buck, the idea of changing the financial landscape forever has been lost to them. When I started with Bitcoin in 2011, the only thing I could ever think was how revolutionary Bitcoin really was and what good it could bring to our planet. Little did I know it was an unfinished product, Dash seemed to fill the gap temporarily, but after spending almost a year devoted to Dash, I quickly learned it was all a sham and some good marketing points. The governance system being the best part of Dash, until you realize Evan owns 400+ Masternodes, Daniel easily owns 200+, Otoh owns 400+, and so on... Well when you only have 3-4k nodes in the entire community and things only need 10% nodes to vote to pass, and the whales started out with Masternodes costing 1% of what they cost now, you can see how the community can quickly end up in the control of 'bad whales'.

Point being, the governance system is a joke, its as much of a governance system as a bankster scam aimed at making you feel like you are winning, while they are winning 1,000 more than you. How are those crumbs tasting fellas?

4. Darkcoin was a far superior coin to Dash, yet here we are. Why you ask?

Darkcoin was the basis for what Dash became, but Darkcoin was also MUCH more ahead of its time, back then Evan wasn't coding for revenue, he was coding to create an idea, that idea was a sort of 'digital cash' based on Bitcoin. Within a year or 2 his vision slowly changed into creating "Paypal 2.0" (and yes thats a quote rom him and multiple core team members, not my words). And that is where I call BS, they say anything they can to get some coverage and don't give a single damn about delivering the proper product. The Dash team will NEVER deliver a true digital cash, because that is not their end goal. Darkcoin was on the right track, but Dash is a completely different direction, hell Dash is actively running away from privacy as it is anyways... look at coinfirm...

5. Evan Duffield lacks a spine and a moral compass to do the right thing with Dash. Ryan "Babygiraffe" Taylor & Daniel Diaz are wanna-be failed banksters with a selfish end game that influence Evan heavily.

As I stated already Evan Duffield was on the right track with Darkcoin back in the day, but slowly over time he seemed to have morphed his vision of what digital cash should be from being an open sourced, community controlled, instant, private digital asset toooooo controlling your money, controlling the governance mechanism to ring as much money out of the project before it collapses on itself, getting their own office space paid for by the blockchain, paying themselves large sums of money and so on... doesn't seem right when there are villages all around the world dying for access to a worldwide economy now does it?

Ryan Taylor is an ex bankster with a selfish end game. This guy came around to Dash shortly after myself, was cool at first while he worked his way into the core team, but once things became a little more heated he quickly buckled down onto his knees and stopping trying to fight for the idea of a better Dash and became a leach himself. They hired him for help with finance, and ever since he's been the biggest figure in the Dash community besides Amanda in the public realm, you wonder why don't you? He's in it for himself, not for Dash, not for crypto currencies. He just wants his former bankster glory back.

Daniel Diaz is a complete half assed wanna sneaky snake like scammer. He's been around Evan since the beginning and he's the one that I attribute to ruining Evan's moral compass. He's the one who envisioned this crappy "paypal 2.0" idea and tried shoving it down the communities throat with deceit, lies and made up stories. He's the one who put his neck out there and said "WERE GETTING ON LAMASSU ATM'S!!" almost a year ago, and $100,000 later and countless excuses, there are still 0 Lamassu ATM's in the world... He's the reason the "governance" in Dahs is broken, because he has poisoned the well and turned Dash into a leeches paradise.

6. It's either 1 huge scheme or they really lack a higher purpose.

I could never really figure out which one it was, but after a few months of reflecting back on this I feel like it was a mix of both. People like Daniel and Ryan are scheming/leeching while people like Udjin (the best dev easily) and Evan are simply following the herd. I feel as if Dash was capable of being 1000x the product it is today if they would have embraced more decentralization, more worldwide change and more of a community focused mindset, then Dash could become the first truly decentralized economy, basically a skynet if you will. But the core team doesn't see it that way, they just see a big ol piggy bank when they see Dash, it's quite sad honestly. Hopefully someone clones the entire damn project and does it the right way, that'd be the best altcoin IMO. Either way, still not really sure whether it's one huge team scam or they just don't see the greater good they could be doing, or maybe they don't care? Who knows.  All I know is echo chambers never did a lick of good in the past and they damn sure won't start now.

7. The Dash core team is power hungry. The Dash community is blind.

As has been touched on earlier in this post, the Dash team has lost it's way. Dash could have been a world wide economy, the governance system could be used to employ ANYONE in the world, and yet they are sitting here hiring random companies that thier friends just happen to run to do stupid things like try and get ATM's set up everywhere, which is so backwards it makes no sense. Dash has InstandSend, people have smart phones. What the hell are they doing dropping $100,000+ dollars on ATM's you ask? Kickbacks I say, kickbacks. And the sad part of this is when you start pointing these types of things out to people in the community, the core team starts pinning you as a troll and what not just to run you off. This has happened countless times since the times of Darkcoin and I hope people will chime in and help people realize this isn't just a big old ranting post.

8. Dash COULD have been so much better, but greed killed it before it even got started.

Bitcoin was mean't to change the world, but has fallen short thus far. Dash came sooo close to filling the gap, but human greed seemed to have ruined any cryptopunk or libertarian ideology. People in charge of Dash think libertarians are stupid and childish (another quote), and that just never made sense to me.. Bitcoin was supposed to a libertarians dream come true, so when did this goal change? I'm still here waiting for the world to change, but in order to get there we'd have to have a fully decentralized or atleast distributed system that is fair for everyone, and provides everyone the same access to community funds in order to start creating a more economic model of crypto currency that can perform a proper digital asset with all the appropriate features such as speed, privacy, control and worldwide scalability. So far all the coins are falling short in one way or another and one day I think someone will hit the nail on the head and we'll either see that tech baked into Bitcoin, or some random coin take off overnight... not sure which yet. The main flaw of the Dash project seems to be greed, and lack of a moral compass.

9. Dash is basically a huge echo chamber supporting its own weight due to the Masternode system, it's nowhere close to being "digital cash' as it's marketed.

The biggest problem I found in this community and the same one that is true of most pyramid schemes is there is a massive echo chamber effect, everyone who sings the praises of Dash is a wonderful community member and is always talked to with respect and what not, but the second you start questioning things and making people feel as if they are being held to a standard, people will quickly turn around and happily tell you to leave because thinking is hard and people don't like things to be hard. I honestly think the people that are going to lose the most money when the core team decides to dump is going to be those exact users, which is sort of sad when you think about it. Sounds alot like a pyramid scheme to me, anyone? Lol oh and they even added a rating system which auto censors posts that get 4+ troll ratings, which they use VERYYYYY often to hide the complaints about them to the general public.

10. Dash is NOT Digital Cash, Dash is wanna be PayPal 2020, does any actually like PayPal? Thought so.

I've had repeated conversations with the core team in the past and various community members who blindly support them and I've asked them which they would prefer, digital cash or Paypal 2.0, and to my surprise the only ones who actually support the whole Paypal idea are the people in charge (core team) and their blind followers, because who wouldn't want to be the next billion dollar company? I mean I get it, but what happened to changing the world and doing it the right way?

Besides we all know PayPal is going to crush Dash in the long run, they are a billion dollar company getting put in a corner, I wouldn't be surprised if they already had eyes on Bitcoin & Dash and the recent acquisition of TIO which will give them access too hundreds of thousands of kiosks world wide, so much for that Lamassu Deal eh Daniel?

Good luck with your investments, always keep your eyes wide open, you never know when the floor is going to fall out from beneath you. And yes this is all true, and no I'm not trolling, just thought with all this Dash hype we could have a dose of reality.

Best wishes folks.

-Jake

Well that certainly ends the TheDashGuy's battle against Monero.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 10:37:26 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2017, 11:08:20 PM by qwizzie

Plot Twist!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

[Warning] Why I don't trust the price of Dash, nor the community. Be careful folks. Invest wisely. Diversify.

Well that certainly ends the TheDashGuy's battle against Monero.   Grin

Friendly reminder that any not-thought-through Monero donations towards TheDashGuy this time around will not be compensated by the Dash community or the Dash dev team. The Dash community (Bolehvpn and some other community members) bailed you guys out once and i doubt they will want to do that again.
Be very carefull around this TheDashGuy / FeelTheBern.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
pao_de_lo
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 12:24:49 AM

Monero =  troll.
Monero = SCAM.

Thanks,
Brazil

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
-- HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
-- -- [SUCCESS
RAISE
.US$18mil+.]
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:23:31 AM

I, like 99% of people", don't care about the "battle".
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 03:32:39 AM

Monero =  troll.
Monero = SCAM.

...says the guy still pumping the hopeless LISK token.

LMFAO.

Congratulations on achieving that recent All Time Low.

B. T. F. O.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CyanFox

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:54:20 AM

IMO the both coins are good coins, and the dev teams are very superior, you know they are all top market cap, do more troll and argue, they are all awesome and profitable projects.
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:46:24 AM

Do you not want competition between coins? Competition will force the devs to innovate and improve their coins. Do you want cryptocurrencies to fail?  Huh

This thread and it's full of adjective puke. Nothing good here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: