Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:29:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To prevent the Bitcoin to OnChain Scaling just because you failure to realize it  (Read 478 times)
lightningHuang (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:25:03 AM

To prevent the Bitcoin to OnChain Scaling just because you failure to realize its great

Introduction

The bitcoin net has been operating at full capacity for a long time. The appeal to upgrade of bitcoin agreements has been lasting for more than one year. However, some developers of Bitcoin Core for example have been repelling against such upgrade. The others had explained everything their worries. Despite that, they still don’t accept such upgrade. The public patience has been worn out by their stubbornness.
Recently, the dispute about the bitcoin scaling has once again been put in the spotlight. This time both sides have directly shown their stance. I found that they refused the scaling just because they don’t know how great the bitcoin is.

Chapter1 Fear of fullnode will centralization just because they don’t think bitcoin is one great thing
A motley crew cannot think out of the box.
It is said that onchain scaling will increase the costs to operation bitcoin’s full nodes, thus resulting in the terrible centralization. These people have not yet realized that bitcoin is greatful enough to attract more people to operate its full nodes regardless of the costs. In their opinion, their income cannot cover costs of operating bitcoin’s full nodes, so they think others are at the same situation like theirs.
I change a mobile phone every two years. If my mother finds it, she will be quite angry. She thinks there is no need for me to spend money on changing new phones, because she cannot understand the worthiness for me to spend money to buy the technical progress of mobile phones.
If I tell my mother that I will spend 500 RMB buying an RPi, which consumes electricity day by day and creates no profits, to operate a bitcoin full node, my mother must call me a “black sheep.”
The understanding of bitcoin of those fearing that bitcoin onchain scaling will lead to full node centralization is like the understanding of mobile phones of my mother. They cannot understand the great of bitcoin, so it is natural for them to think that bitcoin does not deserve so much money to be maintained without prospective profits.
Another example is Lamborghini. As is known to all, Lamborghini is very expensive, whose price far exceeds the cost of its practical performance. It is apt to say that money spent on the car is fundamentally not for a “functional” purpose, but because it is “powerful” in some sense. This is similar to the operation of the complete bitcoin nodes. However, Lamborghini has buyers all over the world. Its expensiveness will not make it lose its customers. This is the so-called de-centralization. Cherry QQ is not that far behind Lamborghini in terms of performance. However, none think the former is “powerful,” so it can just be “centrally” distributed in China and looked down upon by others.
When Nakamoto was mining alone, the operation cost of the full node was the lowest, but the bitcoin was the most centralized at that time. Bitcoin was not a great thing at that time but something inessential. When bitcoin becomes increasingly great and more and more people are attracted to join it, the absolute number of full nodes in operation will be increased instead of being decreased. The more great it is, the more decentralized it is.

Chapter 2 Fear of increasing powerfulness of bitcoin because of the need of maintaining high handling fees by the small block
 Due to the zero-sum game mentality, the poor always refuse cooperation and are stingy about stock.
Those who want to filter some bitcoin users through formalities are worried that the bitcoin market might be fully saturated so that they get no way to join it. The best way to avoid this is to ban others from joining it. This is a typical zero-sum mentality.
In fact, bitcoin is powerful enough to meet infinite demands. Anyone of the 7 billion people in the world that is willing to use bitcoin can get their demands satisfied by bitcoin net.
The current network bandwidth, CPU capacity and stock cost are far enough to meet demands of bitcoin. The current market has the potential to provide more and better basic network services if necessary.
Google can provide searching services for billions of users; WeChat allows billions of users to be on line simultaneously; AliPay handles tens of thousands of transactions every second. Bitcoin shares the same network basis and techniques with these companies Why does bitcoin have to be confined to seven transactions per second? Why is the 1M area restricted?
Don’t set self-limits. We have the most advanced technology to turn out the best products. We need to equip ourselves with the most advanced ideas so that bitcoin can establish new rules and become more powerful.
To stay in fear of losing and set self-limits—this is the mentality of the poor. They often avoid cooperating with others on some weird excuses, because they are worried that others might seize their share.
A cooperative mind-set is open and willing to make use of all conditions to create wealth instead of confining people within a wall to scramble for stock.
Bitcoin will not become cheaper because of more people using its. On the contrary, it will become more valuable according to the increment mentality.

Chapter 3 Fear of government intervention because of the coward-mentality of a group of evil-intended people
Cowards are always hiding themselves in the dark corners.
As is known to all, the bitcoin field is filled with hackers, drug traffickers and money launderers. These people are worried about government intervention, so they vehemently oppose scaling. They hope bitcoin can be confined to the TOR anonymous internet, because the fundamental service capability of TOR network is far weaker than the normal web. Therefore, the smaller the bitcoin block is, the better it is for them.
They are ready to label them as “liberalists,” defining bitcoin as a free currency against the government violence. In fact, they are just a group of cowards with dark conspiracies.
Bitcoin is a technical progress, social progress and a progress of the world. It offers people more chances to create greater fortunes. However, the group of cowards is not of the opinion. They think bitcoin should keep alive without serious ambition and be confined to a small anti-government crowd so that they can enjoy it in dark corners alone.
In fact, governments are keeping up with the technical progress. Most governments in the world are friendly towards bitcoin. They are different from what is imagined by the cowards in the dark corners to oppose bitcoin.
On the other hand, even if bitcoin’s block has set bigger and the government wants to eliminate it, but the government cannot make it. This is decided by the de-centralization nature of bitcoin, and the government cannot eliminate a de-centralized product.
Now, 70% of bitcoin’s hash power are in China, and there have not yet been any signs that the Chinese government will wipe it out. How shameless you cowards refuse scaling on the excuse of government intervention.
If the bitcoin is confined to Tor, it is nothing different from centralization. Then, the existing value of bitcoin disappears. How many people in this world want to live in the Tor network?!

Chapter 4 Fear of bitcoin will separation caused by hard fork because of having no confidence in bitcoin
The weak are always in the fear of losing friends.
   Those saying no to bitcoin upgrade have another reason, that is, hard fork might result in bitcoin separation. If they want to maintain the whole bitcoin community, people of different ideas will be bounded in the same world. They are worried that some disputable upgrade of bitcoin will make bitcoin be separated into two kinds of chain.
Bitcoin is open source. Anyone can make hard fork. Why can it remain vigorous and leading among so many competitors? Below are reasons:
To most participants, to observe rules of bitcoin can bring more benefits than to damage them.
The flourishing of bitcoin is attributed to an increasing number of people joining it and adhering to its rules for the sake of benefits. These participants include miners, users and core developers. They all abide by rules of bitcoin to earn profits. Their participation in the unprecedented social practice drives the development of bitcoin.
Any potential hard fork might separate bitcoin into two chain with different rules. There might also be disagreement of benefits. A majority of participants, being interest-oriented, have to follow a major branch. Then, the other branch will either be instantly eliminated, or become an inessential existence, which is far from being powerful to threaten the major one.
Those failing to realize the great of bitcoin will support a branch of bitcoin in the hope of getting more profits in the future. However, the prerequisite for they to do so is they must hold the branch bitcoin at no costs. In fact, it is fully achievable to coin holders, if the time cost is neglected. However, any service providers in the bitcoin economic ecological circle, including exchanges, mines, miner pool, should spend money in holding the branch bitcoin. These money have opportunity cost. If the money is invested in the genuine bitcoin, great profits will be created, far more than those brought by the rule-breaking bitcoin. Without links on the economic ecosphere, to hold the branch of bitcoin is meaningless, which is thus eliminated.
On the contrary, those realizing the great of bitcoin know the only way to always get their share of profits is to create a larger interest community by attracting more people to join in it.
Likewise, the strong never have to worry about having friends or not, because they will not lose friends because of their attitude or behaviors. They know real friendship should be built on an equal exchange relationship. As long as they are committed to improving and strengthening themselves, they will harvest more and more friends.
However, the weak have fewer friends, so they are in greater fear of losing friends. In order to please their friends, they often have to accommodate themselves to them, thus being plunged to a weaker position.
It is also the same to bitcoin. Only when bitcoin becomes more great will more people be attracted to join it instead of joining its other hard fork branches, such as LTC and ETH.
As to those cowards who are blind to the great of bitcoin, hard fork is a good way to scare them away.

Chapter 5 Conclusions
Why do you refuse onchain scaling? The most direct, simple and essential answer is:
You are blind to the great of bitcoin, and you have neither confidence in bitcoin nor ambition for it.

This article is written as a response to all of you who hinder upgrade of bitcoin. Bitcoin will not develop as you wish, because it is great enough.
(For the first time to read my article, please pay attention to my WeChat Official Accounts: 闪电HSL)

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 12:19:36 PM

I found that they refused the scaling just because they don’t know how great the bitcoin is.
I disagree.

It is said that onchain scaling will increase the costs to operation bitcoin’s full nodes, thus resulting in the terrible centralization.
This is already happening.

These people have not yet realized that bitcoin is greatful enough to attract more people to operate its full nodes regardless of the costs.
So tell me, since the average block size has been going up, where are all these (new) 'people' that are supposed to run these nodes "regardless of the costs"? All that we've seen is a ever declining number of nodes.

As is known to all, the bitcoin field is filled with hackers, drug traffickers and money launderers. These people are worried about government intervention, so they vehemently oppose scaling. They hope bitcoin can be confined to the TOR anonymous internet, because the fundamental service capability of TOR network is far weaker than the normal web. Therefore, the smaller the bitcoin block is, the better it is for them.
False. Where did you acquire this 'information' or is it something that you 'think' is going on? There are better anonymous alternatives for those people already.

Those saying no to bitcoin upgrade have another reason, that is, hard fork might result in bitcoin separation.
I disagree. The only way that this could happen is if you listen to those absurd people suggesting that 51% is enough to run a HF ("supermajority" they call it). In the case of a consensus driven HF, the remaining chain is likely going to die very quickly.

Chapter 5 Conclusions
Why do you refuse onchain scaling? The most direct, simple and essential answer is:
You are blind to the great of bitcoin, and you have neither confidence in bitcoin nor ambition for it.
You mean the all mighty 2 MB block size limit which is unsafe without added constrictions due to quadratic validation? Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:06:28 PM

The Raspberry Pi lobby is too powerful amongst bitcoin developers, no one will be able to defeat them. Cheesy Cheesy

A 10 billion dollar network has to run in a 15 year old PC, isn't this normal a thing?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:01:06 PM

The Raspberry Pi lobby is too powerful amongst bitcoin developers, no one will be able to defeat them. Cheesy Cheesy

A 10 billion dollar network has to run in a 15 year old PC, isn't this normal a thing?
You start talking about the Raspberry Pi (I assume model A) and then mention 15 year old PC's? That does not make much sense. I think that the requirements for running a node have to remain relatively low in order for Bitcoin to prosper as a decentralized network. Where would we be from the premise of 'anyone can participate' and verify transactions (should they choose to) if running a node requires enthusiast hardware (we're talking about 4 figures here)? I'm not saying that we need to limit the network to very cheap solutions either, but this needs to be factored in. Just because a higher block size limit may result in more users that does not mean that a decent number (equivalent to the number of nodes that get lost due to higher requirements) of node operators are going to come in and start supporting the network. This is still just speculative.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4533

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:16:15 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 08:32:10 PM by franky1

You start talking about the Raspberry Pi (I assume model A) and then mention 15 year old PC's? That does not make much sense. I think that the requirements for running a node have to remain relatively low in order for Bitcoin to prosper as a decentralized network. Where would we be from the premise of 'anyone can participate' and verify transactions (should they choose to) if running a node requires enthusiast hardware (we're talking about 4 figures here)? I'm not saying that we need to limit the network to very cheap solutions either, but this needs to be factored in. Just because a higher block size limit may result in more users that does not mean that a decent number (equivalent to the number of nodes that get lost due to higher requirements) of node operators are going to come in and start supporting the network. This is still just speculative.

Lauda you are making me laugh.. you keep assuming bitcoin needs to run on a model A raspberry Pi..
have you not seen things have moved on. raspberry pi have moved on. validation (libsecp256k1) has moved on. stop pretending it still 2009!!

your beloved Model A
BCM2835 ARM11 (similar performance to a pentium 2 300mhz single core)
256mb ram

but now

raspberry Pi 3
1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU
1gb ram

difference: 4x ram, 16x processing.

then your beloved libsecp256k1 is 5x more efficient processing even if just running on a model A or Rpi3..
are you waking up yet?

and please go back and learn "quadratics" debate. because your use of the buzzword shows you have somehow only heard part of the discussion.

i really do laugh at lauda's mindset.
'bitcoin needs to run on ancient hardware otherwise it can only run on super computers'

he has no clue. there is not a binary choice of spending $30 or $3000.. there are many options inbetween.
even TODAYS $50 can do more then your beloved model A baseline minimum specs that you want to grasp hold of dearly.
especially when raspberry Pi are no longer going to be producing model A's, so its about time you let go of the outdated spec model A mindset.

after all, MILLIONS of people are not crying that they cant run Call Of Duty on a model A raspberry Pi
after all, BILLIONS of people are not crying that they cant run Apple Apps on a raspberry Pi model A

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:13:32 PM

Just because a higher block size limit may result in more users that does not mean ....

Hmm..

Shame this thread started by a newbie, again.
And all that incite.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:39:56 PM

So those who oppose increasing the block size are a motley crew of unthinking, poor, weak cowards?

Also, I love how anyone who opposes government intervention is clearly a hacking, drug trafficing, money launderer. You forgot pedophile and terrorist.

What a waste of time.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: