Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else is going to hold while people try to short the halving?  (Read 1162 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:00:40 AM

I see all those people saying how they will try to short the market. I think this is a very stupid idea. You sell at 750 thinking "well that's it", by tomorrow when I wake up, we will be correcting hard at 600s again".

But then, you wake up and price is 850 and you feel suicidal.

That's why it's better to hold. With Bitcoin, you NEVER know where the ceiling is. Nailing is being lucky, and I don't want to rely on that much luck, I value my bitcoins too much to gamble them like that.

this risk always exists in bitcoin market and it also works both ways meaning it can also go down the next morning you wake up and feel suicidal if you have bought the previous day so if you can't handle the risks then you shouldn't trade at all.

but in general i am a long term hodler so i won't just sell in these low prices Cheesy

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cozynunu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:16:25 AM

I have also holded last time when price went up to 800$ recently but it hardly get dumped to sub 550$ so i feel very sad as i could have sell at 800 and bought back at 550$, that was a great swing. So if price again reach 800$ before or after halving, i will be sorting almost all of my coin. That is my shorting price for the time being.

Its good for traders but as an investor I will hold my coins for $1200 or higher,pump will happen after few months of halving as we have seen in 2013.
Thats a good idea but we don't know if the price will hit again at that price but if we are lucky to see that price i think its a minute that we will see it in the market and better to ready your coins to convert.. so that you will not late to sell it
Some times it are always the same people who are getting struggles because there are always people just holding their coins but not even know that is the baddest thing you could
ever do so if they try to short the halving i dont think so are they keeping the price low yes!
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:34:12 AM

Everytime one can't taste success alone, often needs to taste failure, only then the success part gets strong due to the learning got through the losses. In my view even $650 is a good price to profit but I've targeted a price to sell. When price reaches specific amount will sell it without considering the falling days growth.
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:13:01 PM

too many high expectations during this halving and if everybody decide to holding all their bitcoins and waiting untill the halving to sell it i think we going to see panic selling and the prices also will be dumped and for me if they believe short trade will good for them leave it as it is and for those who believe long term good for you be assured with what you're doing

Panic sellers will get burned to death because we will keep going up after the correction, so all the panic sellers will have no bitcoin on their hands and all they will have is deprecated fiat currency that will keep going down in purchasing power while in the big picture bitcoin is the best performing asset for 5 years straight now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: