Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:01:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EU proposes stricter rules on Bitcoin  (Read 2350 times)
The_Hamburglar

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:09:30 PM

But frankly, it's no big deal. You can still have your own wallet on your own computer, and exchange BTC as you wish with localbitcoins. You just need to understand that doing things anonymously will be a bit more expensive.

Localbitcoins doesn't work everywhere.

Wait is Localbitcoins really banned in Germany? Is the German government going to ban the use of Bitcoin in  the country or are they waiting to legalize it or something? I thought it was pretty easy to set up a person-to-person exchange of coins against cash. I guess people in Germany still trade Bitcoins for cash among themselves right?

Localbitcoins is not banned in Germany but they decided not to serve german customers.
You can still meet with people and do your trades.Nothing illegal about that.
What Coinbase and Localbitcoins are missing for the germany market is a license.No license no business, same as in the US.

Yes to scare people.  This is not common?  It's anacdotal evidence,  how many more thousands of trades happen without incident?  If you are trading large 4 figure sums or 5 figure sums then yes,  it's a danger you could get into trouble.  Solution: make more frequent smaller volume trades.
1. How is posting a link to people doing illegal shit & getting owned scaremongering?
2. What you are suggesting is called smurfing, which is a crime. Don't advise people to commit crimes on clearnet. It's not smart.
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:25:23 PM

But frankly, it's no big deal. You can still have your own wallet on your own computer, and exchange BTC as you wish with localbitcoins. You just need to understand that doing things anonymously will be a bit more expensive.

Localbitcoins doesn't work everywhere.

Wait is Localbitcoins really banned in Germany? Is the German government going to ban the use of Bitcoin in  the country or are they waiting to legalize it or something? I thought it was pretty easy to set up a person-to-person exchange of coins against cash. I guess people in Germany still trade Bitcoins for cash among themselves right?

Localbitcoins is not banned in Germany but they decided not to serve german customers.
You can still meet with people and do your trades.Nothing illegal about that.
What Coinbase and Localbitcoins are missing for the germany market is a license.No license no business, same as in the US.

Yes to scare people.  This is not common?  It's anacdotal evidence,  how many more thousands of trades happen without incident?  If you are trading large 4 figure sums or 5 figure sums then yes,  it's a danger you could get into trouble.  Solution: make more frequent smaller volume trades.
1. How is posting a link to people doing illegal shit & getting owned scaremongering?
2. What you are suggesting is called smurfing, which is a crime. Don't advise people to commit crimes on clearnet. It's not smart.
1. I'm not saying the people posting the links are scaremongering.  I'm saying the media bringing attention to what happens in under 1% of trades is to scare people. If they had no news,  and wanted to create content on btc trades then they could talk about generic trade info. How it works,  etc. Have you ever traded in person? Did you get arrested?

2. Im not interested in what it's called or your advice. It might be illegal in some backward US state but seeing as how I don't reside there I don't care. Whats not smart is in person trades of 15K in the US,  im not afraid to point out the obvious.
The_Hamburglar

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:38:46 PM

1. I'm not saying the people posting the links are scaremongering.  I'm saying the media bringing attention to what happens in under 1% of trades is to scare people. If they had no news,  and wanted to create content on btc trades then they could talk about generic trade info. How it works,  etc. Have you ever traded in person? Did you get arrested?

2. Im not interested in what it's called or your advice. It might be illegal in some backward US state but seeing as how I don't reside there I don't care. Whats not smart is in person trades of 15K in the US,  im not afraid to point out the obvious.

>Have you ever traded in person? Did you get arrested?

I've committed other felonies in person.
"Man Commits Crime; Doesn't Get Caught!" makes a shitty news story.

> Im not interested in what it's called or your advice.

You've got edge, I get it. All you Swiss are badass mofos.
Please don't fuck up Bitcoin for the rest of us.
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:53:22 PM

>Have you ever traded in person? Did you get arrested?

I've committed other felonies in person.
"Man Commits Crime; Doesn't Get Caught!" makes a shitty news story.

> Im not interested in what it's called or your advice.

You've got edge, I get it. All you Swiss are badass mofos.
Please don't fuck up Bitcoin for the rest of us.
Well as long as those felonies have no victim on the other end (like p2p btc trading)  then I hope you did your due diligence and wish you luck with the outcome.

We won't fuck it up.  There is a town we can directly pay the government with btc,  and behind Arnhem the city Zug is arguably the 2nd bitcoin capital of Europe. I hope we don't import any laws or ideas on btc from over there,  that would only harm btc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: