Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:17:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy Tether USD?  (Read 64576 times)
21BTC (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:05:46 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 09:17:59 PM by 21BTC

andyste

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:11:59 PM

market place exchanger is support tether USD is two market place
poloniex dot com and bitfinex dot com, you can buy USD in there and withdraw money can use USD tether
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:37:11 PM

I just find out or learned that we can actually keep USD online just like bitcoin without worring of blocked accounts and exchanges running away.In other words we can have complete control over our money just like bitcoins by using Tether. I still don't know about this much but i guess some bitcoin enthusiast have knowledge on how to buy Tether USD safely and how it works? Please share your knowledge with me.
I don't have bank accounts so can't really convert my 28+ Bitcoins to USD during panic selling at the time of halving so i guess Tether USD is another way of doing so.i just don't know how? so please guide me in the right direction.  Huh
Use Polinex.  Very easy.  Just like you say - no bank account necessary.  Just move your BTC to USD Tether and wait out the crash.  Then, when things hit rock bottom, you can switch right back. 

You can send dollars all over the world, for free, too!  They stay dollars the whole time and no exchange rate risk.  USD Tether is the best kept secret ever.  It's like blockchain dollars.  awesome.
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:15:37 PM

https://wallet.tether.to

I think in your case, you want to send your Bitcoin here and then convert to USDT.
Dogedigital
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:18:46 PM

Under their transparency section:

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:10:11 PM

as far as I can tell there's no way of turning usdt into actual dollars in your hand or am i getting this wrong? is it purely a crypto hedge and nothing but?
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:24:56 AM

You can buy it at some exchanges like poloniex. It is called USDT on that site. You may need to fund your account with bitcoins and then convert.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
yudy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:29:39 AM

you can choice poloniex exchanger, and there so good exchanger and high volume transaction
use exchanger polo is simple and easy , but your high volume transaction USD/btc support USD tether you can use bitfinex
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:41:04 AM

You can buy it at some exchanges like poloniex. It is called USDT on that site. You may need to fund your account with bitcoins and then convert.

that's not what i want to know. what i do want to know is can you withdraw usdt and turn it into dollars? as far as i can tell you can't.
Dogedigital
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:58:17 AM

that's not what i want to know. what i do want to know is can you withdraw usdt and turn it into dollars? as far as i can tell you can't.

Tethers can be securely stored, sent and received across the blockchain and are redeemable for cash (the underlying asset) pursuant to Tether Limited’s terms of service.

-- From their FAQ.

I haven't filled in the AML/KYC information to test it out, so I'm not sure, but I believe you can.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2407
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:24:13 PM

I'm trying to figure out what I can realy do on their online wallet.
It says on their page that you can send BTC there and hold them in USDT, but it mentions only "low conversion rates" and doesn't say anthing about the rates and if they have a spread for conversion.
Did anybody do such a hedge on their webpage allready?

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:45:44 PM

Open a wallet at tether.to.  It is a web wallet.  Send some usdt to your wallet and then you can wire it to your bank from there.
Most people will store their tethers on an exchange or in the web wallet.  From my understanding, it's possible to store tethers offline, but I haven't figured out how to do it.
It has something to do with omniwallet and armory.  There's a procedure on this github page
https://github.com/OmniLayer/omniwallet/wiki/Armory-Offline-Addresses
that you have to follow, but I don't understand how it works yet.
Anybody know how?
thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 11:52:41 PM

you can buy tether USD or USDT in
1 poloniex
2 bitfinex
3 c-cex

in early launh tether can direct deposit use credit card or debitcard in online wallet tether.io, but this now not support, online wallet tether.io is remove and support only dekstop wallet
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:19:10 PM

This is everything good but i cannot withdraw the money to bank right?
By the way good thing is that is faster of real money - usd so can be done arbitrage trading between Bittrex and Poloniex, because diferencies in value of Bitcoin are around 10$ and more.
Millionero

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:19:08 PM

As I wrote in a previous post,
You can make a withdrawal from tether.to and have the money sent to your bank account
I have a tether.to account.  I just logged in.  Tether.to still supports withdrawals.
You can withdraw from the tether.to web wallet to your bank account.
If you go to tether.to and open an account, you will be able to convert tethers to real dollars and get your grubby little mitts on them.
Kapeesh?
I know yer first langwidge idden English, but fer cryin' out loud, READ and COMPREHEND.
Don't make me come over there!
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:17:54 AM

Website like https://www.changer.com allow you to buy USDT with e-money (PM, okpay, etc). I don't know if there's any exchange that accepts bank deposit, but even if you've really found one the handling fee would be quite costly.

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:14:31 AM

If you go to tether.to and open an account, you will be able to convert tethers to real dollars and get your grubby little mitts on them.
I thought that this is deal between two exchanges, i have didn't know this is separate project. Can i withdraw funds to Payeer or Skrill? If this is possible i will create account at https://tether.to/  ?
Thanks.
Millionero

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:42:09 PM

I thought that this is deal between two exchanges, i have didn't know this is separate project. Can i withdraw funds to Payeer or Skrill? If this is possible i will create account at https://tether.to/  ?
Thanks.
Probably not.
TPonly

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 06:02:32 AM

So let me get this straight , by converting to USDT you can actually avoid to be affected by the drop of BTC ?
icerose

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 06:04:40 AM

So let me get this straight , by converting to USDT you can actually avoid to be affected by the drop of BTC ?

Correct, however tether is now linked to bitfinex and they are not allowing cash deposits or withdrawals. It has not affected the price significantly though so you can still use it as a proxy for real dollars.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: