Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy Tether USD?  (Read 64574 times)
Tiennou74

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:08:31 PM

there are so many ways to buy Tether USD. most exchange put tether ticker as USDT : like in bittrex exchange you can buy easily even in polo same way
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:46:18 PM

there are so many ways to buy Tether USD. most exchange put tether ticker as USDT : like in bittrex exchange you can buy easily even in polo same way

You can also buy Tether USD from their official site by depositing Fiat at their site : https://tether.to/
One thing worth noting is that "Since April 18, 2017, all incoming international wires to Tether have been blocked and refused by our Taiwanese banks"

Source: Announcement
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:18:42 AM

You can also buy Tether USD from their official site by depositing Fiat at their site : https://tether.to/
One thing worth noting is that "Since April 18, 2017, all incoming international wires to Tether have been blocked and refused by our Taiwanese banks"

Source: Announcement
In other words, you can't buy usdt from tether.to.
About the only way to use real usd to buy usdt is by finding an exchange that handles both usd and usdt.
Kraken handles both.  So you could wire usd to Kraken and use it to buy usdt.  That's the only way I know to convert usd directly into usdt.
Question for the crowd:
Are there any other exchanges, besides Kraken, that handle both usd and usdt?
ximply

Activity: 350
Merit: 170

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 01:56:51 AM

Why would you want to buy tether??

If you are using bittrex for example, and you want to go to the sideline then the only way to do that is to buy usdt against your coin. Particularly if price is at ATH then re-enter again after any pull back.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:00:25 AM

What is tether usd?
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:26:23 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 07:41:16 AM by Millionero

What is tether usd?
It's a cryptocurrency worth one dollar. A sort of alt-dollar.
The value stays very close to one dollar, like within a window of a few tenths of a percent or something.  If you want to see, check the usdt/usd exchange rate on Kraken.
On Bitfinex, tether is always worth exactly one dollar, because Bitfinex owns the company Tether, which maintains the peg.  If you have usd in your account, you can withdraw it in the form of usdt.  Now that usd withdrawals from Bitfinex have essentially been terminated, tethers are the only way for most people to withdraw usd.
And the usdt usd peg is not one of those complicated floating market mechanisms or some crap.  It's a real peg.  The company Tether keeps a pool of USD equal to or slightly exceeding the value of all the usdtethers in existence.
As long as Bitfinex and Tether survive and don't do a flyer, usdt will theoretically keep its value at one dollar even in the case of an old fashion "bank run" where everybody withdraws at once.  But I suspect that even if Bitfinex/Tether holds up its end of the deal, bad things could happen in the event of a run; because other exchanges are probably crediting customers with non-existent tethers in a fractional reserve.
Aaron506

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:24:41 AM

If, and that's the biggest "if" of the century, you trust Bifinex and Tether, Tether$ are great for trading, as you can put them in cold storage while waiting to buy bitcoin, ether or whatever. This takes them off the exchange without paying transfer fees. Alas, you might just as well have US$ sitting on Bitfinex, as you have to trust them anyway.
atulvatsa

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 03:04:50 PM

Tether (USDT) is now listed on CoinSwitch. It can be purchased from https://www.coinswitch.co/exchange/btc/usdt/0.1

Buy more than 100 cryptocurrencies at best rates from CoinSwitch. Visit https://www.coinswitch.co
nikolaich

Activity: 224
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:40:52 AM

There are so many ways to buy/sell USDT. Just look on coinmmarketcap:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/#markets

Gpes

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:44:23 AM

I converted ripple using changelly, transaction is complete yet the USDt is not in my tether wallet. What do I do?
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:57:25 PM

I converted ripple using changelly, transaction is complete yet the USDt is not in my tether wallet. What do I do?
contact them on their reddit channel, post your accusation on twitter tagging them in post. Best way to solve this type of issue is to publicize your grief, if you delay its your mistake. Even tag them on Facebook and let everyone know that they owe you sum of money.
Forward_Thinking

Activity: 155
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:19:28 PM

As I wrote in a previous post,
You can make a withdrawal from tether.to and have the money sent to your bank account
I have a tether.to account.  I just logged in.  Tether.to still supports withdrawals.
You can withdraw from the tether.to web wallet to your bank account.
If you go to tether.to and open an account, you will be able to convert tethers to real dollars and get your grubby little mitts on them.
Kapeesh?
I know yer first langwidge idden English, but fer cryin' out loud, READ and COMPREHEND.
Don't make me come over there!

So what you are saying is... it's impossible to convert USDT to USD. Got it. Thanks! Oh wait...maybe I read that wrong Smiley
Koreaforever

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:31:46 PM

on which exchanges are traded USDT and USD?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:55:51 PM

on which exchanges are traded USDT and USD?

there's pretty much only one - kraken.

and that's the only way you can get real usd from usdt.
SeverusSnegg

Activity: 135
Merit: 104

BountyManager

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:31:58 PM

And how stable is this currency?
ana zay

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:06:52 PM

yang saya tau Anda bisa membeli tether USD atau USDT di poloniex pakai bitcoin.
Gameflip ICO

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:22:20 PM

The most easiest way is to buy them on exchangers.
xusxuquade

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:47:12 PM

you can direct deposit and buy tether in official site tether, tether.io, but youre county must accepted tether
another you can buy in exchanger, much exchanger suport USDT, hitbtc, kraken, yobit, poloniex, bittrex and more, all majority altcoin exchange but support pair USD/bitcoin support USDT

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:08:43 PM

you can direct deposit and buy tether in official site tether, tether.io, but youre county must accepted tether
another you can buy in exchanger, much exchanger suport USDT, hitbtc, kraken, yobit, poloniex, bittrex and more, all majority altcoin exchange but support pair USD/bitcoin support USDT

you can't do anything directly with tether any more. you can't deposit or withdraw real dollars and even registering has ground to a halt.

it's only possible via exchanges.
DRAWDE_3691

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:23:48 AM

Buying can be found in many websites, what I found seems like an easy one is from www.coinspot.com.au , buy Tether USD by just putting the amount of it in the form they are providing on their homepage, then it will be sent to your Coinspot wallet. As I searched, it is 100% legit base on spam checkers and reviews.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   ESCROWCOIN  ●  Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⦿  Discord  ⦿  Twitter  ⦿  Telegram  ⦿
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⦿  BUY NOW   ⦿  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: