Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:32:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU's not detected [SOLVED]  (Read 1506 times)
Xardas2014 (OP)

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 08:54:37 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2016, 05:22:18 AM by Xardas2014

Today I had a lightning strike nearby that knocked out the power. Since then only one of 3 cards is detected by the ETH mining software. Windows 10 detects the card normally, but for some unknown reason ETH miners don't detect them :/

I removed the cards and tested each one by one. They all work fine. There is no apparent damage and my power strip didn't trip, so I don't believe there is any damage.

I know Windows gets pissy if not shutdown correctly, but as I said the cards are detected by Windows 10 pro 64bit, fans come on etc. Just can't mine with more than one. Anyone got any ideas?
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 08:59:27 PM

Maybe your launch .bat didn't save or got corrupted? Happened to me once because the changes were only made in the cache and not made it into the disk.

I'm not sure, but yeah windows does get pissy if it gets shutdown abruptly.

If you can see the cards with different softwares you should be fine.

As useless as it sounds you might want to do a
chkdsk /f /r /x
in cmd and let it run next boot.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Xardas2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:25:40 PM

Thanks

What fixed it was jumpering the BIOS. Booted back up, set BIOS up like I want it, and booted into Winblows. Everything runs fine now. *shrugs*
navydude

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:31:16 PM

Im having some issues where my cards are showing up but not mining. Causing my drivers to crash. Is this what happened to you or? And what did you do exactly to fix?

Xardas2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:41:42 PM

Im having some issues where my cards are showing up but not mining. Causing my drivers to crash. Is this what happened to you or? And what did you do exactly to fix?
As stated in my previous post, I used the jumper on the motherboard to clear/reset the BIOS. Look at your motherboard manual for the jumper. 

This should be done UNPOWERED! Turn off the power supply or unplug it, then press and hold the start button to drain power from the capacitors on the mobo. Then move the jumper from it's normal position to the jumpered position, and move it back. Connect the power and boot up, it will take you into the BIOS for you to make adjustments, but be aware it will have reset to factory defaults. If the defaults are what you want anyway, simply exit out and boot normally.

I have had a seriously corrupted BIOS before and also had to remove the motherboard battery and allow the board to completely drain of any residual power.
kotarius

Activity: 340

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:07:32 AM

Sounds good, can you mark thread as "solved" for other people?
Xardas2014 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:22:48 AM

Sounds good, can you mark thread as "solved" for other people?

My apologies, I thought I had already done that :/
navydude

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:49:12 PM

As stated in my previous post, I used the jumper on the motherboard to clear/reset the BIOS. Look at your motherboard manual for the jumper. 

This should be done UNPOWERED! Turn off the power supply or unplug it, then press and hold the start button to drain power from the capacitors on the mobo. Then move the jumper from it's normal position to the jumpered position, and move it back. Connect the power and boot up, it will take you into the BIOS for you to make adjustments, but be aware it will have reset to factory defaults. If the defaults are what you want anyway, simply exit out and boot normally.

I have had a seriously corrupted BIOS before and also had to remove the motherboard battery and allow the board to completely drain of any residual power.

I tried removing the battery and jumping with same issue still coming up. Still only the same 3 PCIE slots work. I have ordered 2 h97 anniversary boards. I hope that this fixes the issue. Will post back next week when boards arrive.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: