Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TuxExchange.com - CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE. 0% maker fee.  (Read 5115 times)
sipher (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 02:46:37 PM

I did not register yet, but from outside it looks pretty good.
The things I've seen improvable are only cosmetic:
- If you leave the "tooltips" like now, you will need a space between the price and the word "Volume". I would actually leave only the price in the tool tip for the top graph (and add the min and max values too) and leave the volume for the bottom graph.
- The volume could use the coin name to avoid newbies get confused (is it DOGE or BTC?)
- The chat window could have a "show/hide" button and its state should be saved between sessions.

I agree with all your points. In fact some of them are already on the road map. Thanks for the excellent feedback.

If you register we will gladly send you some DOGE to play around with.

Thanks!

www.tuxexchange.com - Tux Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike8

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:19:35 PM

- If you leave the "tooltips" like now, you will need a space between the price and the word "Volume". I would actually leave only the price in the tool tip for the top graph (and add the min and max values too) and leave the volume for the bottom graph.
- The volume could use the coin name to avoid newbies get confused (is it DOGE or BTC?)
- The chat window could have a "show/hide" button and its state should be saved between sessions.

I agree with all your points. In fact some of them are already on the road map. Thanks for the excellent feedback.

Thanks!

Although I never say NO to free money, I cannot create the account: for some reason your server doesn't want to send my confirmation mail.
I've checked the mail account and it works, the problem is not at my end. And I think it's been an hour since I tried to create.

Edit: and my spam folder is empty too.
sipher (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Thanks!

Although I never say NO to free money, I cannot create the account: for some reason your server doesn't want to send my confirmation mail.
I've checked the mail account and it works, the problem is not at my end. And I think it's been an hour since I tried to create.

Edit: and my spam folder is empty too.

I have processed your registration manually.

We are looking into why some emails are not being delivered.

Mike8

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:39:45 PM

Thank you. I am in now.
Another suggestion: I think that the disabling of 2FA should ask again the 2FA, even though it was asked at login....
sipher (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 04:42:13 PM

Thank you. I am in now.
Another suggestion: I think that the disabling of 2FA should ask again the 2FA, even though it was asked at login....

I do agree the two factor system needs some work. Great suggestion!

PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:35:38 AM

We should be able to increase the length accepted. Not a problem.

Also, I have credited some DOGE to your account. If you're interested in testing the API that would be great. I can work with you. Smiley

Yes, I wish your team will increase the password length and I appreciate your willingness for that. Thank you for the DOGE credits, too! Thanks to that and my application, I will love to proceed with the API testing with you after the conference that I am having today. Maybe at the weekend we could start with this.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
sipher (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 01:09:48 PM

We should be able to increase the length accepted. Not a problem.

Also, I have credited some DOGE to your account. If you're interested in testing the API that would be great. I can work with you. Smiley

Yes, I wish your team will increase the password length and I appreciate your willingness for that. Thank you for the DOGE credits, too! Thanks to that and my application, I will love to proceed with the API testing with you after the conference that I am having today. Maybe at the weekend we could start with this.

Looking forwarding to working with you!

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:24:08 AM

The exchange is looking great with DASH and PPC added now!!

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
PremiumCodeX

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:38:49 AM

First of all, I logged in and saw the DOGE coin that you promised indeed arrived. Thank you! Next thing that I found was that I found the trade page of the site a bit slow. When writing slow I mean when I have the page open and load and I am typing something into a textbox, my text takes seconds to appear. I guess that it is an issue of that page because I did not experience this slowness in other pages of the site. I was testing from legit Windows 8.1, newest Firefox and updated Adobe Flash plug-in. I found a third issue that was at the API page when I click on to generate new key pair I do not get a new pair. The site only takes me back to the profile page. Furthermore, I miss Python and Websocket examples. The API documentation mentions them but I found only PHP examples. Did I miss something?

sipher (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 11:51:47 AM

First of all, I logged in and saw the DOGE coin that you promised indeed arrived. Thank you! Next thing that I found was that I found the trade page of the site a bit slow. When writing slow I mean when I have the page open and load and I am typing something into a textbox, my text takes seconds to appear. I guess that it is an issue of that page because I did not experience this slowness in other pages of the site. I was testing from legit Windows 8.1, newest Firefox and updated Adobe Flash plug-in. I found a third issue that was at the API page when I click on to generate new key pair I do not get a new pair. The site only takes me back to the profile page. Furthermore, I miss Python and Websocket examples. The API documentation mentions them but I found only PHP examples. Did I miss something?

Thanks Smiley

I will have to look into the slowness.

The only example we have right now is the PHP example. I will check the API key generation.

If you would like to produce example in other languages that would be great (we could provide a reward).

Mike8

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:42:40 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2016, 03:03:58 PM by Mike8

I didn't have time to test more since Friday.
I took a look today, I've got no DOGE (yet?), but I also didn't find anything new from what's written here.

Edit: I've got DOGE now. I had to ask on the chat, silly me...  Cheesy thank you
PremiumCodeX

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:59:02 AM

In my experience, the slowness, that I was writing about, was client-sided and I could resolve it by having the page open for some minutes. It must have still had things to load in the background after loading the GFX design. If you can confirm this idea, I suggest placing a message to newcomers about that they may experience slowness at initial visit, but which slowness will disappear after a few minutes if they let the page load. That was my experience about the slowness issue.

About the API, as you know since I posted a reference in the site's chatroom, I have written some example code to test it. According to the results I got and what results I shared in the chatroom, we confirmed that the API worked and the getticker method returned valid results. Furthermore, according to my further testing and the error message I met, the API has yet to have a proper communication with the developer. For test purpose, I intentionally generated different kinds of error and the error message that I saw was always the same that also did not tell much.

Code:
{"success":"0","error":"No method found or unknown error occured."}

To help further testing, I am asking for a better error handling where I could see more error messages that express the issue with more details.

Nevertheless, I will upload the example codes I have already and will write more in the future.

In the meantime, may I ask what methods are supposed to work already?

sipher (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 12:14:30 PM

In my experience, the slowness, that I was writing about, was client-sided and I could resolve it by having the page open for some minutes. It must have still had things to load in the background after loading the GFX design. If you can confirm this idea, I suggest placing a message to newcomers about that they may experience slowness at initial visit, but which slowness will disappear after a few minutes if they let the page load. That was my experience about the slowness issue.

About the API, as you know since I posted a reference in the site's chatroom, I have written some example code to test it. According to the results I got and what results I shared in the chatroom, we confirmed that the API worked and the getticker method returned valid results. Furthermore, according to my further testing and the error message I met, the API has yet to have a proper communication with the developer. For test purpose, I intentionally generated different kinds of error and the error message that I saw was always the same that also did not tell much.

Code:
{"success":"0","error":"No method found or unknown error occured."}

To help further testing, I am asking for a better error handling where I could see more error messages that express the issue with more details.

Nevertheless, I will upload the example codes I have already and will write more in the future.

In the meantime, may I ask what methods are supposed to work already?
Thanks for the awesome feedback!

We are nearly finished with the UI and will now complete all functions of the API.

Your reference code looks good so far. Can you get it to work with the authenticated API? All the authenticated API calls work.

Thank you so much for this! I think you may have earned yourself a reward Smiley

victoriouscoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:24:47 PM

The interface is very good and the page is very easy to navigate,When will you accept new coin?
We would like to be a part of your trading flatform..
sipher (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 03:07:13 PM

The interface is very good and the page is very easy to navigate,When will you accept new coin?
We would like to be a part of your trading flatform..

We do not accept solicitations for new coins. We will only be adding established coins.

Thanks for the positive feedback. We worked extremely hard to get where we are Smiley

PremiumCodeX

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 05:13:29 PM

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

We are nearly finished with the UI and will now complete all functions of the API.

Your reference code looks good so far. Can you get it to work with the authenticated API? All the authenticated API calls work.

Thank you so much for this! I think you may have earned yourself a reward Smiley

I thank you and your team for the opportunity! I wrote some information about my new progress in the site's chatroom already, but in order to be able to see through all my suggestion in an organized form I sent you them in a private message on BCT. Here, I am going to sum up my experience with Tux Exchange API for other members.

So, you can read the official documentation of Tux Exchange API in this page. I have personally tested basically everything in that page and I can confirm that the documentation is excellent, you can start developing with it right now. I have tested both unauthenticated and authenticated API calls in different programming languages and all of them produced results. I can confirm that the API itself works, too so when you call it, it should produce a result of success. If it does not, then the error is in your code. Another important thing is, the headers of authenticated calls contain colons and whitespace. It should not mean a problem in PHP, but in other languages, you may need to encode them first. Also you will need to use HMAC-SHA512 method to encode data with your private key whatever language you develope in. Unfortunately, error messages are yet to be written so the API does not give details about different errors, but it informs you about the error's occurrences, at least. You will receive a key pair at first log in and I advise you to take good care of them because so far I have had no luck with generating a new pair for myself. I informed the developer team about the bug, though, so in the future you will be able to generate new pairs anytime.

Here, I would like to ask, when the generation is fixed and I generate a new key pair, will the old pair still work or they will be invalidated?

JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:13:12 PM

Will you be nice offering any bitcoin to test it out ? I dont want to use my own. Maybe like 100k also for our troubles ? Just I suggestion Smiley

For now we are giving away DOGE. We may offer different promotions in the future.

Ok thank you. I will register and see you in the chat soon.

Thanks !! ^^
sipher (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 06:51:53 PM

Will you be nice offering any bitcoin to test it out ? I dont want to use my own. Maybe like 100k also for our troubles ? Just I suggestion Smiley

For now we are giving away DOGE. We may offer different promotions in the future.

Ok thank you. I will register and see you in the chat soon.

Thanks !! ^^
Thanks JasonXG. We are looking forward to seeing you in chat.

sipher (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 12:52:29 PM

Pretty nice looking exchange, clean and easy on the eyes.
What kind of fees are there going to be? Will you offer the ability to buy feeshares?

The fees are 0.15%. We only offer spot trading at this time. Come sign up and I will give you some DOGE to try it out.

PremiumCodeX

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:00:12 AM

Thank you! I was glad because I could see that some suggestion of mine were finally implemented. I managed to generate new API key pair too and I experienced that the old key pair was invalidated. So, to answer the question in my previous post, you can have only one valid key pair at once and this valid key pair always is the newest that you generated. Furthermore, I realized that the error messages are accurate now and the API documentation was updated, too. I am confirming again that all API calls work and if you experience different, the error is in your code, but I can provide you help...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: