Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Litecoin iOS Wallet is on the App Store (LoafWallet)  (Read 2092 times)
losh11 (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:27:25 AM

The first standalone iOS Litecoin Wallet is available on the iOS App Store for iPhones!

Download it now from: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/loafwallet/id1119332592?ls=1&mt=8

Description

Loafwallet is a great iPhone app which allows you to send and receive the digital currency Litecoin. Spending Litecoin is now easier than ever!

It's as simple as sending and receiving money at the touch of a button. No matter where you are, what time it is: you can still pay for those everyday items you know to love. A lot of safeguards have been put into place to protect your money. Based on BIP38 technology, even if you have lost your mobile phone - not all is lost. A 'recovery key' can be used to get back all of your money, to the tiniest single penny. In fact, this a completely functioning version of whatever you'd expect on a computer... except in a smaller package. There isn't any hidden servers to backup or store your money - this very app could be thought of as the most secure way to safeguard your Litecoin.

Here's a list of features that makes LoafWallet different from any other app:

- LoafWallet has a simplified codebase making it quick and lightweight, whilst still providing a powerful performance.
- This app makes use of AES hardware encryption and app sandboxing as well as keychain and code signatures to protect your coins from malware and browser flaws.
- LoafWallet is deterministic which allows users to access their account using just a simple backup phrase on any device running the app. Just keep your recover key safe, and you can recover you money on any device.
- LoafWallet connects directly to the Litecoin network to provide a powerful performance using ‘Simple Payment Verification’ (SPV Mode).
- We have brought together the best design elements and features from existing wallets along with our own improvements and design choices.
- Compatible with an Apple Watch, you can create and receive Litecoins right from your wrist. A Notification Centre widget is also available for even quick access.

This project is open-source, that means all of the code required for this app can be found at: https://github.com/litecoin-association/LoafWallet
If you discover any issues, please use the support email found within the application.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:57:22 AM

This looks good but who will use the wallet? There are not much merchants that accept litecoin. And the ones that do also accept bitcoins, and people prefer to use the latter because it presumably is more valuable going to the future. While ltc is in the cross roads.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
useless eater

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:11:29 AM

huh huh

loaf
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:34:06 AM

This looks good but who will use the wallet? There are not much merchants that accept litecoin. And the ones that do also accept bitcoins, and people prefer to use the latter because it presumably is more valuable going to the future. While ltc is in the cross roads.

Going out on limb here, people that have iPhones and like LTC. I think that's the user base.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:59:51 AM

Going out on limb here, people that have iPhones and like LTC. I think that's the user base.

Exactly. I hope the number of users would matter and that they actually be active users with enough daily transaction volume. What good is a wallet or an app if you download it and not use it?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:14:59 AM

Functioning wallets for mobile should be considered basic infrastructure, litecoin should of had this years ago so I've no idea what planet you're from if you think this isn't a step in the right direction.

Having just one CryptoCurrency is such a lousy idea .... I dislike Bitcoin core so I've moved most of my Bitcoin into litecoin good or bad that's a choice I can make. I would say choice is good as its the only voice users have there's no voting with mining power for most average users only the power to vote with ones feet.

Bitrated user: Mick.
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:38:04 PM

Sweet! Thanks Losh!
losh11 (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:34:51 PM

Functioning wallets for mobile should be considered basic infrastructure, litecoin should of had this years ago so I've no idea what planet you're from if you think this isn't a step in the right direction.

I agree, but Apple only started allowing Bitcoin/altcoin wallets on the iOS App Store two years ago.
There was already a Litecoin wallet (hive), but it's no longer being maintained.

This app isn't just for customer-merchant transactions, it could also replace most people's wallets as it is protected by Apple's AES encryption (only can be broken if someone finds a jailbreak).
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:19:22 PM

Having just one CryptoCurrency is such a lousy idea .... I dislike Bitcoin core so I've moved most of my Bitcoin into litecoin good or bad that's a choice I can make. I would say choice is good as its the only voice users have there's no voting with mining power for most average users only the power to vote with ones feet.

I am not saying that this is not a step in the right direction, it is. My question is based on reality and what I see. There is almost no merchants that accept litecoin, and the ones that do also accept bitcoin. And since that is the case, people would tend to use paying with bitcoins.

I agree that having more than one cryptocurrency is better. But the reality is almost everyone uses BTC when buying goods and they also prefer to store BTC as savings in their wallet.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:00:54 PM

I am not saying that this is not a step in the right direction, it is. My question is based on reality and what I see. There is almost no merchants that accept litecoin, and the ones that do also accept bitcoin. And since that is the case, people would tend to use paying with bitcoins.

I agree that having more than one cryptocurrency is better. But the reality is almost everyone uses BTC when buying goods and they also prefer to store BTC as savings in their wallet.

Having used both Bitcoin and Litecoin I prefer using Litecoin (I'm not knocking Bitcoin I still hold both). It's just that I prefer the faster experience of Litecoin. Everyone has their personal preferences; but, in general I think people who have actually utilized both coins will agree.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:59:30 PM

Roll back a couple of years to say 2011 the reality of what you would have seen was little to no adoption of Bitcoin by merchants yet infrastructure wallets etc. were being built out in advance, fortunately it wasn't just a case of hmmm nobody accepts Bitcoin let's all just give up and go home.

I really hope Bitcoin remains the king, after the beer, party poppers and pavement pizzas have been swept up following halving celebrations next for Bitcoin is segwit - lightning network - sidechains, sorry maybe these will turn out to be amazing and get ported to ltc but personally I'm not a fan I would rather step back onto a chain running behind Bitcoin and watch from a safe distance for better or worse, each to their own I guess.

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:14:04 PM

I agree, but Apple only started allowing Bitcoin/altcoin wallets on the iOS App Store two years ago.
There was already a Litecoin wallet (hive), but it's no longer being maintained.

This app isn't just for customer-merchant transactions, it could also replace most people's wallets as it is protected by Apple's AES encryption (only can be broken if someone finds a jailbreak).

Yes I understand that, I just think mobile wallets should be provided alongside the client rather than relying on 3rd parties to do it (hive, hash engineering) two years in crypto is a long time it would have been good to have an iOS wallet back then and a functioning reliable android wallet. Charles lee's vision (pre lightning network of course) was using Bitcoin for large purchases and litecoin for small everyday things like a coffee, picture everyone queuing up with their laptops and webcams at the ready to pay.

Anyhow well done on the iOS release  Cheesy

Newbeatondablock

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:00:50 PM

Awesome article
I love it
It s the future
Predictions for 2037 : 7 X more internettraffic - 7 x as much hosts
This can t go wrong
The way is up
Good stuff
Litecoin people need to start promoting it to merchants...
jmxcursi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:08:48 PM

We added LoafWallet to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com/) via community request! This will allow more people to learn about LoafWallet and get started. We’ve also linked all of the coins, countries, and apps that LoafWallet supports / can be legally used in, this way new users can discover LoafWallet based on their ownership of LTC, where they live, or the devices they use.

Screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/xlrpcQB.png

https://i.imgur.com/3clgiT9.png

If you've used LoafWallet, don't forget to leave a review! The more popular the service is (via ratings), the higher it will appear in search results and the more likely new users will find it! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: