Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:30:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed on Bitnake  (Read 578 times)
Pheebz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:37:13 AM

Hello,

I have been searching for a cheap and reliable way to buy bitcoin. I found one service, Bitnake (https://bitnake.com/), which is located in Germany. I  chose the option of paying through PayPal. I sent $100 to Jan Faber (sales.400@bitnake.com) and I have yet to receive the money in my wallet. I was told that I would receive the money in just a few minutes. It has been a couple days, and I have sent numerous messages to their support, but I have yet to receive a reply.

The company, Bitnake, seemed legitimate at the time, and it even had an address listed:
Address: Ollenhauer Str. 67
Germany / Stuttgart / 70184

However, I am now 100% sure I was scammed. I would just like to warn other users about this fraudulent company...Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would possibly get my money back? I have just opened a dispute on PayPal, but I have my doubts about whether this will yield any results.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:40:27 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 02:37:06 AM by cpfreeplz

It does sound like a scam. Thanks for posting here about this. Could you post proof though? It proves without a doubt that they've scammed. Also I would suggest you charge back with PayPal.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:45:26 AM

Hello,

I have been searching for a cheap and reliable way to buy bitcoin. I found one service, Bitnake (https://bitnake.com/), which is located in Germany. I  chose the option of paying through PayPal. I sent $100 to Jan Faber (sales.400@bitnake.com) and I have yet to receive the money in my wallet. I was told that I would receive the money in just a few minutes. It has been a couple days, and I have sent numerous messages to their support, but I have yet to receive a reply.

The company, Bitnake, seemed legitimate at the time, and it even had an address listed:

However, I am now 100% sure I was scammed. I would just like to warn other users about this fraudulent company...Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would possibly get my money back? I have just opened a dispute on PayPal, but I have my doubts about whether this will yield any results.
actually you already answered your question by yourself, that bold sentence is your question. if someone already got scammed, its near impossible to get back his money. and just like cpfreeplzsaid, you should provide more proofs, maybe like your screenshot transaction, chatlogs, etc

Could you post proof though?
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 12:45:36 AM

Seems straightup fake from a quick search.
You wouldn't have checked that address before sending them money, would you?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
wittonline

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 03:24:50 AM

Straight up snakes!!  SHARE TO BEWARE!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1550025.msg15579608

I finally had the time to call Paypal. On the phone with them now.

Here's the scam and I wouldn't have thought it. There's always some risk but I thought, as with any normal Paypal transaction, that there's buyer protection. NOPE. I discussed with Paypal several issues this network of scammers is doing to skirt right by Paypal security. The problem does begin with the sheer lack of virtually any regulations for Paypal overseas and forget about verification requirements. You can get a Paypal account overseas in most countries as easy as a Gmail account!

Here's how they do it. There's no business. It's fairly large group of scammers, most not even from Germany (I found out a few are) that have setup a crap load of personal Paypal accounts and they process (friends and family) charges just like any other legitimate retail business. There's literally no way without reading the fine print during the process to know that your making a personal money transfer which of course is not a consumer protected purchase. The entire process was exactly the same. Like most other money transmitters, even on the Bitcoin Network, PLEASE make a clear and large point NOT TO SEND THIS PAYMENT if you don't KNOW the other person because you will have ZERO recourse! Granted that this is a big enough case that Paypal is eventually going after them and their bank accounts, but still. 

Maybe it's me, who knows, since I've never used Paypal for anything other than business transactions. I barely remembered they even offer an easy was to send money to family back in El Salvador; and certainly didn't notice any difference. I wasn't alone either the more the rep dug into them. It was recently escalated to their top security and fraud dept. Trouble is, just like every other multi-billion dollar multi-national they move about as fast as an elderly lady up to her waist in a tar pit.

Stuff like this would have lasted long back when Karim was watching the store!

The scammers network of accounts *@bitnake.com go to many different bank accounts and are each only used sparingly and most are forcibly closed. Seriously, Paypal can't figure out the gig here? They will soon stop signing up for Paypal accounts using their own domain, and try to continue the scam until the authorities can get the site offline.

Oh well, live and learn. My only concern is to get the message out to as much of the btc community as possible so not to discourage the newbies! It's a very exciting times for the greatest payment system in history!

Peace and Love
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: