Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:58:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [[[OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT]]] Atlantis ~ Litecoin secure anonymous free market  (Read 21057 times)
atlantismarket (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:33:08 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2013, 08:07:11 AM by atlantismarket

Hello fellow Litecoiners.

We have made posts on the Litecoin forums, however we needed to wait for this account to be approved by a moderator before we officially launched here. So here it is. The official thread. We will update this thread as we go, and answer questions when we can find the time away from our busy development schedule. We have lots planned to ensure the successful growth of Atlantis.

Today we would like to officially announce the release of our new website & service, Atlantis -- The free market.

Many of you will be familiar with SilkRoad, and as I'm sure most of you will agree, SR has put Bitcoin on the map and in the eyes of the general public, the media, and the cryptocurrency communities. SR continues to strengthen the Bitcoin economy to this day.

Our team decided that in order for Litecoin to make its mark in the cryptocurrency world it needed a similar service backing it.

So, with that being said, we would like to officially invite you all to Atlantis (or ATL for short), the Litecoin free market. Users of SR will feel at home using our website. However we've also improved on a few key areas that are a weakness in the current SR service, such as security, overall look & feel, ease of use, regular updates and last but definitely not least -- cheaper commission rates!

Regardless of whether or not you support this kind of activity, we are certain that with the right leadership this is a positive step toward the adoption and tangibility of the Litecoin currency.

To access Atlantis, you have a few options:

1. Download the Tor Browser Bundle at: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en and navigate to http://atlantisrky4es5q.onion
2. Configure your browser to use the Tor client (Tor client also downloaded at the above).
3. You can access the website without any additional software by clicking here: http://atlantisrky4es5q.onion.sh or here: http://atlantisrky4es5q.tor2web.org -- These are Tor proxy services.

We tend to find the proxy services operate faster, however if maximum security is your concern you should use the Browser Bundle. This should not be an issue if you are using the website to purchase legal goods (yes, we sell those too).

To familiarize yourself with the website we have created a buyer and seller guide which can be accessed upon logging in.

For a limited time, we will also be giving the first 3 MONTHS of trades entirely commission free to high sellers on other markets. If you wish to take up this opportunity, and can provide proof of ownership of your account on the other market, please create an account on Atlantis and message support. Please note we will only be giving these to limited users, apologies if you miss out.

We will also be answering questions in this thread, so feel free to ask away. Trolls will be ignored.

* Edit 1: Vendor fee reduced to $10 from $25 whilst we get our bearings. This won't last so get in quick.
* Edit 2: We have our first wave of products hitting the shelves very soon. All coming from reputable vendors with great feedback. Stay tuned.
* Edit 3: First wave of products live. Most coming from reputable vendors from other markets.
* Edit 4:

Commission has been reduced to %6 for orders under $50, and less for other orders. View sellers guide for further information.
Vendor account status has been increased to $20 ($10 is too cheap to deter scammers according to the community feedback we have received).

* Edit 5: Robust & customizable shipping options have been implemented. We only display the relevant shipping options to your customers based off their country & region as well.
* Edit 6: Forums will be up within the next 24 hours (hopefully -- we're awaiting activation of our VPN service, proving to be a lengthy process due to the provider companies incompetency).
* Edit 7: We've added a button to indicate which sellers have been manually verified as legitimate sellers on other markets (such as SR and BMR). Buyers should feel comfortable buying from sellers with the "VERIFIED SELLER" button.
* Edit 8: We're in the process of implementing a thorough transaction history view, so you can reconcile your coins easily.

Many thanks,
The Atlantis team.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 03:59:21 PM

Let me be the first here on Bitcointalk to welcome you guys and congratulate you on a job well done. Even though it's only been released a few days ago, you guys have already improved Atlantis greatly in that time span, and I'm looking forward to having an alternative to the Bitcoin free markets.

Hopefully, even for people that don't agree morally or don't use this sort of thing, this will be beneficial to all Litecoin users for years to come, and will help Litecoin the same way that SR/BMR has helped introduce Bitcoin to the world.

Good luck in your business Atlantis (although you really won't need it!) Stick it to the man! Cheesy Cheesy
atlantismarket (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:43:19 PM

Let me be the first here on Bitcointalk to welcome you guys and congratulate you on a job well done. Even though it's only been released a few days ago, you guys have already improved Atlantis greatly in that time span, and I'm looking forward to having an alternative to the Bitcoin free markets.

Hopefully, even for people that don't agree morally or don't use this sort of thing, this will be beneficial to all Litecoin users for years to come, and will help Litecoin the same way that SR/BMR has helped introduce Bitcoin to the world.

Good luck in your business Atlantis (although you really won't need it!) Stick it to the man! Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks a lot CoinHoarder, I'm sure you'll be hearing lots of us in the weeks to come.
atlantismarket (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 08:08:01 AM

If you disagree morally with Atlantis, you disagree morally with freedom in general, as what a person does (as long as they don't hurt other people) is their business. Anyway, I hope you do well, Atlantis!

We think so too, Wolf0. Thank you for your support.
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:13:56 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2013, 02:02:17 PM by tkbx

Faster and better looking than silk road. Once it's going full throttle, would you consider allowing sellers to accept bitcoins as well?
Warry

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:18:18 PM

The site looks better and is indeed way faster than Silkroad. However it seems like there is no activity going on as well (not that I expect it though, seeing as it is a new site). I hope the traffic increases quickly Smiley
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 08:51:59 PM

If you disagree morally with Atlantis, you disagree morally with freedom in general, as what a person does (as long as they don't hurt other people) is their business. Anyway, I hope you do well, Atlantis!

Not that I'm overly opposed to people buying drugs, but technically, aren't drugs hurting people? *Not that Tobacco/Alcohol doesn't hurt people as well*
atlantismarket (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:25:45 AM

Not that I'm overly opposed to people buying drugs, but technically, aren't drugs hurting people? *Not that Tobacco/Alcohol doesn't hurt people as well*

Hi Salty, we agree, drugs definitely have the potential to cause a lot of damage. However with that being said, we believe it is up to the individual to make the informed decision of what they do with their own body. As you know, moderation is key, much like everything else in life.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 07:35:54 AM

Curious to see what kind of marketshare Atlantis gets.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:59:43 PM

Nice site - good work!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:25:16 AM

It keeps asking me for a pin but I never registered with a pin, do you know what this is?
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:06:33 PM

Interesting development  Smiley
iruleeveryone28

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

Site looks good and is so much quicker than SR.  I like the idea of the "verified seller" button, informing customers this seller has been verified on other free markets.

Will definitely be looking into using it in the future.

Please don't integrate BTC Smiley yet anyway.
montgolfier

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:06:23 PM

Nice looking site! How is it so fast?

If I had one suggestion it would be buyer feedback, imo the biggest thing missing from SR..
altoidmintz

Activity: 180

After Economics: Learning is just the first step.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 03:02:53 AM

I am conducting research on the litecoin economy for my blog. I would love to know what the tradevolume on Atlantis is for the past month.

Best

meeh

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:33:21 AM

Please consider becoming available on I2P too. I2P is faster on hidden services. First you get a b32 address for your service, then just register a domain on a "dns" server there.

www.i2p2.de

colour

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:08:12 AM

Please consider using Gamecoin at your site. It is probably the best new altcoin, and it could bring tons of new potential customers.

And maybe also Bitbars. They are BARS, and not coins. That's maybe much better than Litecoins, because they are BARS and not coins.
BitFred

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

Please consider using Gamecoin at your site. It is probably the best new altcoin, and it could bring tons of new potential customers.

And maybe also Bitbars. They are BARS, and not coins. That's maybe much better than Litecoins, because they are BARS and not coins.

How cute  Kiss

JimmyFL

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:40:01 AM

Joking?
nprussell

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:49:26 AM

And McDonalds. Long term, that's hurting people too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: