Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone here give trading tips to friends?  (Read 2338 times)
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 06:52:19 AM

Ive just had one of my friends ask for some advice on coins to pick to add to a portfolio but after being asked ive now decided id rather him find out for himself, I feel that if i give him advice and the ones i have said to pick end up failing then it will fall back on me so i think from now on i wont be giving any advice on trading. I dont mind telling him what ones i think are going to do well but i dont think its wise to promote any.

Is anyone in a similar situation or have you even made recommendations only for them to fail and friend slose money?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:59:47 AM

Ive just had one of my friends ask for some advice on coins to pick to add to a portfolio but after being asked ive now decided id rather him find out for himself, I feel that if i give him advice and the ones i have said to pick end up failing then it will fall back on me so i think from now on i wont be giving any advice on trading. I dont mind telling him what ones i think are going to do well but i dont think its wise to promote any.

Is anyone in a similar situation or have you even made recommendations only for them to fail and friend slose money?

I asked the same question here before and I received a couple of good advices from people who really has knowledge in trading.
 Check my thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1386206.0

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:02:35 AM

i personally think that before you give a pick or give an advice you also placing some investment from this project, i think that it is needed before recommending you also placing your share so what ever happen you also have some loses too and he can't blame you both of you loses it.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 07:42:35 AM

Yeah i do have several coins that I'm invested in that I'm happy to share with friends or anyone who asks,  what I'm more hesitant about though is someone asking what they should invest in and then me telling them.  If it turns out that the price dumps all of a sudden then no matter how many times your told you won't be blamed they will still hold it against you.  So better off not recommending coins but just telling what your invested in.

nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:49:47 AM

Yes sometimes to encourage friends in their trading biz i give tips for some of them, especially the newbies with trading world.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:24:37 AM

I have gave already many tips to my friends,you may ask why?
I did because if they dont have big knowledge and a lot of free time,they wont make any money,just probably waste time.
So i did send them,to get start possible  without big problem.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:09:34 AM

Yeah i also experienced that i give advice to my friend and he lose a lot of money that was DEUR because the average price of DUER in that day is 10k satoshi and the price dropped at 1k sats per piece so i give advice to him that put his all money on DEUR because i thought that soon the price will back to 10k sats and it will 10x his money, in that moment we are also both newbies but i tried trading first so he choose to follow all my advice but it's failed and i feel sad because it's my friend and he loss all his money on that moment so as of now i don't give advice on what coin to pick/invest and i'm very careful on giving advice because i'm scared that it will happen again Sad.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 04:32:00 PM

I would never give trading advice in the form of: 'Invest in x or y coin and you'll see a profit in the next weeks or months to come'. If they want trading advice, I would just recommend certain articles or tutorials, so the responsability doesn't lay with me if they fail.

CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:47:55 AM

So your friend is asking blind coin tips ?? If so tell him to do his homework, dont trust anyone in crypto-world ,it might be decent at the begging till you go all in..after that..the drama starts!
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 07:57:15 AM

So your friend is asking blind coin tips ?? If so tell him to do his homework, dont trust anyone in crypto-world ,it might be decent at the begging till you go all in..after that..the drama starts!

yeah ive been asked to recommend coins for him to put money into because hes seen ive made some profit so far. Ive actually had more than 1 person ask now, its not like ive even made much profit. Ive told them what i made it on and what coins i hold but ive told them not to buy into them because i dont know whats going to happen with hem and they could go down . And guaranteed if they buy into any coins ive got then price will drop and i will be the one that gets blamed because they lost money. It would be fine if i knew for sure a coin would go up but one of the coins i gained on was ether which i did say and i would imagine if they buy now then thats money thats going straight down the drain. Anyway theve been informed so more than that i cant do, Maybe this is why people hold such secrecy in the stocks they hold, not because they are going to make such big profits but because they dont want anyone following them and losing cash.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:31:00 AM

Anyone can give trading tips. Most suggests to buy at low and sell at high which is the best trading strategy of all time. But in reality the more you try will get you more knowledge about trading than moving forward with others suggestion.
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:50:03 AM

Friends itself means helping and sharing . That is why it is called buddies where you share and care for everyone.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:17:02 AM

Tricks of the Trade : Shitcoins are gonna shite,better stay away.
If that doesn't explain enough,don't ask your friends to buy or put money in the shitcoins which you may call "alts" in your language.Not even asking you to invest in bitcoins and wait for the price to rise,buy a automated trading bot, solves all your problems.Invest in the ideas rather investing in the asset.Lot of scope for bitcoin businesses right now,invest in them!Hopefully you will be the Mark Cuban of tomorrow.
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:45:49 AM

I generally avoid giving any tips unless I am sure enough that it will work.  In trading nothing is really guaranteed (can't give any sure tips other than the usual buy low sell high crap.) so that's a no unless you tell your friend that it have decent chance to go wrong beforehand.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:54:52 PM

Sounds like a really good way to lose your friends with minimal effort.

People are real quick to reward blame and it's always gonna land on you.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:07:04 PM

honestly i was never give trading tips to my friends but i have facebook friend and he has an trading expert and really honest person also he always give me good advice during my trading activities and until now he sometimes give good predictions for the market movement and i still use his advice
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:33:55 PM

If you give advice, you may want to clarify that no one knows what any coin will do for sure. Even bitcoin can fail so I am hesitant to give advice to family members to invest in it. All these cryptocurrencies are high risk investments.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 06:35:53 AM

Yes we I have friend but not only one we are group of friends sharings ideas with other coin we buy , sharing with other is not bad idea it will help for new comers to learn but dont blame others who shares idea to you we also don't know what will happen of the price of other coin only expectations .just don't blame others if they failed.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:56:56 PM

A month ago I gave one of my friend about 0.02 for starting to involve in bitcoin , with that he involved in bitcoin and after that he started to learnmore about bitcoin and at last he came to trading and he learned about it more and with that he came to start trading of bitcoin.
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 01:38:12 PM

I already give tips/advice to my friends but i don't think it fails, i don't know but i think it's not too often because i didn't spoonfeed to them like saying what the coins they will buy and hold.
I only tell them that they need to read forums about the coin and observe the coin if it is still active or not.
That's the only advice that i told to them Grin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: