Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Email received) An important message to Canadian Coinbase customers   (Read 520 times)
cpfreeplz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:57:37 PM

I just go this email from Coinbase.com. I don't even use them but I guess I was signed up for emails from when I was a newbie. Have a read if you're Canadian and use Coinbase.com.

Dear valued Coinbase customer,

As of August 1, Coinbase’s Canadian payments provider, Vogogo, will be shutting down its payment processing business. When this occurs, Coinbase will no longer be able to support Canadian EFT transfers, Interac transfers, or the storage of customer CAD on Coinbase.

All customer CAD stored with Coinbase MUST be withdrawn off site or converted to digital currency by July 29th.

If you hold CAD in your Coinbase account, you must liquidate your CAD holdings before July 29th by either:

creating a withdrawal to your linked bank account or
exchanging stored CAD for digital currency.
If you are unable to withdraw or exchange your CAD before July 29th, Coinbase will suspend your account and significant fees will be incurred for CAD withdrawals.
We are disappointed to lose the ability to offer these payment methods for our Canadian customers and hope to provide additional payment methods in the future. We appreciate your support during this change.

If you have any questions regarding this or would like to contact us, please visit our Support Center.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:06:15 PM

All customer CAD stored with Coinbase MUST be withdrawn off site or converted to digital currency by July 29th.

If you hold CAD in your Coinbase account, you must liquidate your CAD holdings before July 29th by either:

If you are unable to withdraw or exchange your CAD before July 29th, Coinbase will suspend your account and significant fees will be incurred for CAD withdrawals.
We are disappointed to lose the ability to offer these payment methods for our Canadian customers and hope to provide additional payment methods in the future. We appreciate your support during this change.

If you have any questions regarding this or would like to contact us, please visit our Support Center.
Coinbase first started to not support Germany and Luxemburg citizens and now they have plan to stop their services for Canadians. Something is happening in the backstage, probably they are having issues with the laws in these countries, and this is not good for the bitcoin.
arkaine

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:16:46 PM

I just go this email from Coinbase.com. I don't even use them but I guess I was signed up for emails from when I was a newbie. Have a read if you're Canadian and use Coinbase.com.

As of August 1, Coinbase’s Canadian payments provider, Vogogo, will be shutting down its payment processing business. When this occurs, Coinbase will no longer be able to support Canadian EFT transfers, Interac transfers, or the storage of customer CAD on Coinbase.

Received this email as well and signed up to this forum for some assistance.

The vets who have been around the block and tried a lot of the wallets, what are Canadian customers switching to for an online option?
I really liked the "hold as CDN fund" option from Coinbase and was hoping for something similar from another company.
Also, the ability to transfer using EFT is very useful.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8096

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:20:21 PM

Received this email as well and signed up to this forum for some assistance.

The vets who have been around the block and tried a lot of the wallets, what are Canadian customers switching to for an online option?
I really liked the "hold as CDN fund" option from Coinbase and was hoping for something similar from another company.
Also, the ability to transfer using EFT is very useful.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Kraken gives you access to Canadian, American and Euro markets.

edit: This thread should be moved to the "exchanges" section.
will_k

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:44:22 PM

Got this email too.  That's unfortunate since I really like Coinbase's UI.  Those who did not receive the email, here is the post

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2490249-notice-support-for-canadian-payment-methods

★☆★Syscoin - Decentralized Marketplace and Multisig Platform
Pay with Bitcoin, ZCash and many more
For more visit Syscoin.org ★☆★
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: