Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:17:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with account access Please  (Read 710 times)
denverb (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:37:21 PM

Hello,
For some reason my account is banned and I cannot log in. I have emailed the help desk with no luck many times over the last couple months.
The account is dbasql.
I suppose I can use this new/alias account but I prefer my initial account if possible.
Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:48:38 PM

Actually, you can't use that new account outside the Meta subforum. Sidestepping a legitimate ban by using a different account (i.e., ban evading) is not allowed and is itself a bannable offense.

As for your original account, I suggest just waiting until you get an answer from the staff. From what I've seen from your most recent posts, I am unable to definitively guess why you were banned. You don't seem to be part of a signature campaign, and your posts appear to be restrained to their respective topic-specific threads. Just wait it out in the Meta subforum for now.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:10:52 PM

Hello,
For some reason my account is banned and I cannot log in. I have emailed the help desk with no luck many times over the last couple months.
The account is dbasql.
I suppose I can use this new/alias account but I prefer my initial account if possible.
Thanks in advance.

From the seclog page i see that you just reset the password, "password reset via secret question" so this is the reason your account is currently locked. What you should do is contacting the moderator or directly theymos.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 08:32:29 PM

What you should do is contacting the moderator or directly theymos.
If this is the case and you want to get your original account back, you will have to contact theymos with the information stated in this thread. Contacting a moderator will achieve nothing; they cannot recover accounts.

Keep in mind that the process of recovering your account could take several months or more, so it may be faster to cut your losses and start over with a new account.
denverb (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:29:50 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 09:41:43 PM by denverb

Thanks for the replies and help.
I don't think I did anything post wise that would have caused this. Even though it takes my password I get the banned page after log in.
I already submitted and waited months so I don't think I am going to get an answer.
I have been away for a while I honestly don't remember if my account contains the necessary info to send the "signed" way.
Is it just saying to sign a message with any address that I used previously? I should be able to do that from a group buy if I need to.

The rest of this meta part I don't follow. I guess I will either stay with this account or if this account gets banned because I created it to ask why another account got banned then I suppose I will just be downgraded to lurker.
Not sure what else I can do!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:31:54 PM

Thanks for the replies and help.
I don't think I did anything post wise that would have caused this. Even though it takes my password I get the banned page after log in.
I already submitted and waited months so I don't think I am going to get an answer.
I have been away for a while I honestly don't remember if my account contains the necessary info to send the "signed" way.
Is it just saying to sign a message with any address that I used previously? I should be able to do that from a group buy if I need to.

The rest of this meta part I don't follow. I guess I will either stay with this account or if this account gets banned because I created it to ask why another account got banned then I suppose I will just be downgraded to lurker.
Not sure what else I can do!

What does banned page say?   As up above they are talking about a secret question locking an account, which that account did have today.   But your's goes back month's it sounds like from this post.

UserID: dbasql - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=79259 last post was March 04, 2015.   So if this goes back to then it could be a ban.  The public security log does not go back that far.

So if you post message it tells after log in we chances are can tell if ban, or locked due to using secert question.   If not only a mod/admin will be able to say it.
denverb (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:19:57 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2016, 04:32:17 PM by denverb

This is the exact error I get when using the top left login field.

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com  

I did try the forgot password and reset with the correct answer previously and recently.
I tried from a different IP addresses with same result.

When I use the login menu bar it brings me to a more traditional login page with the boxes in the middle and this is the exact error.

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry dbasql, you are banned from using this forum!

I looked at my email and the last request was made 12/9/2015 to Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

If I was banned for something posted it would be great to know why because I am pretty easy going, contributed to the community and I don't want to make whatever mistake that was again.
Just not sure on this doesn't make sense.

longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:23:36 PM

this is the exact error I get

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

That's the message you get when your account gets locked for using the security question, not banned because of breaking any rule (which means that you should be able to post outside this thread if you want). All you can do is send an email there and wait until the admin unlocks your account.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
denverb (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:50:53 PM

Thanks for the replies

I have resubmitted the email again lets see what happens.
denverb (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:59:21 PM

Guess I am back to newb status there is just no way to get a response no matter what you try.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

Guess I am back to newb status there is just no way to get a response no matter what you try.
Did you follow this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
You're not the onl person with a problem here in the orum and they don't just get email gom a single person so you reall need to be patient on waiting or their response. Give it a week or two.
denverb (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 03:34:10 PM

Did you follow this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
You're not the onl person with a problem here in the orum and they don't just get email gom a single person so you reall need to be patient on waiting or their response. Give it a week or two.

Yes been waiting 7 months that seems long enough....

I gave up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: