Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:21:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XDN DigitalNote  (Read 954 times)
impulse709 (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:21:28 AM

What does XMR have that XDN does not? as far as i can see XDN is the far better choice yet it gets very little attention. i mean XMR doesn't even have a GUI wallet and XDN has a great one with crypto messaging and block chain deposits soon to have PoA tied in with it. im not saying XMR is a bad coin im just lost as to why XDN is practically invisible right now.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:38:53 AM

What does XMR have that XDN does not? as far as i can see XDN is the far better choice yet it gets very little attention. i mean XMR doesn't even have a GUI wallet and XDN has a great one with crypto messaging and block chain deposits soon to have PoA tied in with it. im not saying XMR is a bad coin im just lost as to why XDN is practically invisible right now.

XDN is likely connected to the BCN devs and had hardly any features when most of the coins were mined (probably by the devs) and it was called ducknote/darknote. By the time all the features arrived (PoA is not here) and it was rebranded almost all coins were mined so distribution is likely horrible. Network hashrate remains low so the network is not very secure.

XDN does not have anywhere close to the level of innovation of XMR (aside from appearance with its GUI).

OpenAlias, LMDB (its creator is now a Monero dev), tail emission, RingCT and more make XMR far more advanced than any other CryptoNote coins.
https://lab.getmonero.org/

A GUI is not everything. Boolberry was the first to have a GUI (and pruning) yet BBR marketcap is mcuh lower than XDN
ramzifcb48

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:20:14 AM

you are right,XDN is a good coin!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:30:32 AM

My take on it from about a month ago in xdn thread:

This update is truly another proof that XDN is the most advanced cryptonote coin.

I simply don't understand the lack of interest of the community for DigitalNote. Huh

Congrats Dev for your hard work. Smiley

If I had to guess, I would say the very fast emission in conjunction with the name changes.

Imagine that Bitcoin launched with Satoshi having mined 80+% of all coins that would ever exist, rather than 5% or so. Then, a few months later, a series of forks were launched with different emission parameters, different names, and maybe slightly different technology. One of those coins, let's call it SuperFunJumBucks, decided to emit over 85% of all coins that would ever exist in 3 months, while it was pretty unknown, had low community interest, and a silly name. Then SuperFunJumBucks decided to change its name to SecretDarkStealthDollars, and at the same time added some interesting messaging technology; it was still pretty unknown at this point, but during these next few "dark" months it emitted another 8 or 9% of the total that would ever exist to take the emission curve near to completion. Now, it decides to change its name again to VerySeriousHighTechNotes, and adds some other very interesting tech such as locking coins with interest, and maybe in the future Proof-of-activity, more messaging features etc.

IMO, this is essentially the situation Digitalnote finds itself in. If you were interested in the tech behind the coin, why not just fork it, or buy/mine a fork that has a slower emission schedule (bitcedi, for instance), so you don't have to worry about some (the?) early miner dumping 50+% of all coins that will ever exist at some point? (This is not to mention the Monero research paper that suggests if there is some entity controlling a large percentage of the utxo set, that they can deanonymize others ring txs.)
impulse709 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:01:27 AM

XDN is likely connected to the BCN devs and had hardly any features when most of the coins were mined (probably by the devs) and it was called ducknote/darknote. By the time all the features arrived (PoA is not here) and it was rebranded almost all coins were mined so distribution is likely horrible. Network hashrate remains low so the network is not very secure.

XDN does not have anywhere close to the level of innovation of XMR (aside from appearance with its GUI).

OpenAlias, LMDB (its creator is now a Monero dev), tail emission, RingCT and more make XMR far more advanced than any other CryptoNote coins.

A GUI is not everything. Boolberry was the first to have a GUI (and pruning) yet BBR marketcap is mcuh lower than XDN

well as far as distribution goes if you go to bittrex and click on the distribution tab for both xmr and xdn xmr seems to have one wallet with a hugggggge amount of xmr while xdn looks more spread out. maybe there's a good reason for this that i don't know of mind you.
needmoney90

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:36:22 AM

well as far as distribution goes if you go to bittrex and click on the distribution tab for both xmr and xdn xmr seems to have one wallet with a hugggggge amount of xmr while xdn looks more spread out. maybe there's a good reason for this that i don't know of mind you.

Thats the distribution of coins within Polo in their user's wallets, not the actual distribution. The actual distribution is unknown. Its a private coin, of course you can't know the actual distribution.
impulse709 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:02:23 AM

Thats the distribution of coins within Polo in their user's wallets, not the actual distribution. The actual distribution is unknown. Its a private coin, of course you can't know the actual distribution.

well being an annon coin i figured you could see what wallet had what just not who it belonged to. my mistake. why is it we can see their wallets?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:06:52 AM

well being an annon coin i figured you could see what wallet had what just not who it belonged to. my mistake. why is it we can see their wallets?

It's not their wallet, it's their balance in Bittrex's database. Bittrex only has one wallet, but they show the balance of each user on the site as the coin's "distribution".
impulse709 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:02:40 AM

It's not their wallet, it's their balance in Bittrex's database. Bittrex only has one wallet, but they show the balance of each user on the site as the coin's "distribution".

ok i gotcha. good to know thx.
impulse709 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:45:27 AM

so from what i can gather the biggest issues people have are that there is a possibility that a large percentage of the coins MAY have been mined early on by a small group of people(perhaps even the devs but i personally doubt it) and due to low network hash rate the network is not very secure. i don't think either of these is a fatal flaw really. there are still a lot of coins left to be mined and its a good possibility that the coins mined early by said group have been long dumped onto the market and of course if more people picked up on XDN the network hash rate would rise. hopefully it gets some more attention soon and i think it will once PoA is finished.  
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:36:09 PM

Help spread knowledge of DigitalNote!

Leave a comment here so we can decide on how to revive the community:
https://www.reddit.com/r/digitalNote/comments/4ui0x3/revive_this_community/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: