Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freelancers / contractors can now invoice in fiat, get paid in bitcoin  (Read 2025 times)
btc_enigma (OP)

Activity: 688
Merit: 567

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:59:49 AM

Totally in a peer to peer way, using your own bitcoin address
https://medium.com/@blockonomics_co/peer-to-peer-no-signups-invoice-in-fiat-get-paid-in-bitcoin-f77772e4308b#.kayu1h1k0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:03:52 AM

Great interface and dig the concept.  I'm waiting on a test payment using the system now (invoice #81) with an intentional slight overpayment.

What exchange rate(s) are you using?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:25:08 AM

Great interface and dig the concept.  I'm waiting on a test payment using the system now (invoice #81) with an intentional slight overpayment.

Thanks,  we are using rates from https://bitcoinaverage.com/ . Which currency are you using ?

nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:03:42 AM

Great interface and dig the concept.  I'm waiting on a test payment using the system now (invoice #81) with an intentional slight overpayment.

Thanks,  we are using rates from https://bitcoinaverage.com/ . Which currency are you using ?

Bitcoin.  Just did a quick low-fee transaction to check out the interface (still hasn't even confirmed).  

*And how do I bring that invoice (paid or not) backup again?  I know the invoice # it gave me but beyond that nothing really.

Gimme the crypto!!
btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:17:35 AM

And how do I bring that invoice (paid or not) backup again?  I know the invoice # it gave me but beyond that nothing really.

You should store the invoice link carefully, it contains the decryption key example :

https://www.blockonomics.co/invoice/79/#/?key=77C97D5C455D5648F30BB1F46A0A8BCF9A3CBC81794CE76476665C3BBFF05310

Our server doesn't know the decryption key and cannot recover your invoice without that. Check your browser history the link should be there.

Thanks

nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:39:39 AM

And how do I bring that invoice (paid or not) backup again?  I know the invoice # it gave me but beyond that nothing really.

You should store the invoice link carefully, it contains the decryption key example :

https://www.blockonomics.co/invoice/79/#/?key=77C97D5C455D5648F30BB1F46A0A8BCF9A3CBC81794CE76476665C3BBFF05310

Our server doesn't know the decryption key and cannot recover your invoice without that. Check your browser history the link should be there.

Thanks
Great, that got it.  We will see how she behaves with a minimum fee transaction as now my slight overpayment could just as easily become an under-payment :p

Gimme the crypto!!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:17:45 PM

what's the fiat arrangement? do you handle the sale or does it somehow interface with the regular payment processors?
btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:50:51 AM

what's the fiat arrangement? do you handle the sale or does it somehow interface with the regular payment processors?

The plan is to integrate with fiat processors later. Right now it only allows you to get bitcoin. You have to manually convert your bitcoin to fiat using your local exchange.

nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:35:31 AM

The plan is to integrate with fiat processors later. Right now it only allows you to get bitcoin. You have to manually convert your bitcoin to fiat using your local exchange.
In lieu of this a pretty nifty feature request might be to give the user ability to have their respective btc to fiat gateways fee's factored into price before invoice generation.

Gimme the crypto!!
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:52:59 AM

I think freelancers would be interested in automated service that receives Payoneer/Skrill and sends BTC to them, since people in many countries still have issues with those payment processors.
The idea of receiving BTC for freelance is awesome, but most employers refuse to use it.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 04:50:32 PM

I think freelancers would be interested in automated service that receives Payoneer/Skrill and sends BTC to them, since people in many countries still have issues with those payment processors.
The idea of receiving BTC for freelance is awesome, but most employers refuse to use it.

Thanks, in fact I see lot of employers now willing to directly pay in BTC . Directly using BTC cuts costs and makes sense for distirbuted teams. Going through payoneer again, you have to pay them commission too

Few popular sites https://coinality.com/, http://coind.net/

In lieu of this a pretty nifty feature request might be to give the user ability to have their respective btc to fiat gateways fee's factored into price before invoice generation.

Thanks will keep this in mind.

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 09:25:13 PM

This looks great, straightforward and I like the design.  Nice work!

I love Bitcoin
btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:47:29 AM

This looks great, straightforward and I like the design.  Nice work!

Thanks. We are a bootstrapped startup, with zero marketing costs. If you like our website you can help us by sharing on facebook / social networks
-Regards

btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 11:54:11 AM

Now using your wallet xpub , you can generate new address and receive payment without opening your wallet
https://medium.com/@blockonomics_co/payment-companion-for-your-wallet-dc3766b14e7a#.abq2i7e89

btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:39:06 AM

Added API to receive bitcoin into your own wallet. Merchants can use this to easily implement bitcoin checkout on their site
https://www.blockonomics.co/views/api.html#newaddress

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:12:58 PM

Nice interface.Still having a hard time understanding how this stuff actually works or what it actually is.I get it,it generates the invoices in fiat amount while the work done by the freelancers is paid in bitcoins.Do you think that is legal ? Seems like money laundering to me.The website doesn't describe a lot anyway...
btc_enigma (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:50:42 PM

Nice interface.Still having a hard time understanding how this stuff actually works or what it actually is.I get it,it generates the invoices in fiat amount while the work done by the freelancers is paid in bitcoins.Do you think that is legal ? Seems like money laundering to me.The website doesn't describe a lot anyway...

You can have a look at the faqs https://www.blockonomics.co/views/faqs.html . It has nothing to do with money laundering

The payee has to pay in bitcoins. By scanning the qr code using his bitcoin wallet, he can easily pay the invoice.

The advantage of this invoice is

- You don't need to keep sending multiple bitcoin request for payment due to fluctuating price.  Say the amount is 100USD, today its 0.17267578 BTC, tomorrow if price go up, it may become 0.1622 BTC.  You just send the invoice to payer, example invoice . And then he can pay whenever he wants, the bitcoin amount is updated according to price every 10 minutes
- Invoice status is updated in realtime and txid on blockchain is also shown.  Later you can easily use this as proof of payment
- Invoice is secure and suitable to peer to peer payments. All details are encrypted, so our server doesn't know anything about your invoice contents.
- Unlike other solutions like coinbase/bitpay you don't need to trust us with your private keys/bitcoins. Payments directly go into your own bitcoin wallet

Let me know what is not clear here and would be happy to update our UI to make it easy to use.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: