Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:17:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To All The LTC Haters  (Read 2059 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:39:27 PM

Just 1 month ago LTC was at 0.002 to 0.0025btc and worth about $0.075 yet people were saying "LTC is overpriced, better sell now".

What a bunch of idiots.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:41:07 PM

God I wish I had been paying more attention back then!

more or less retired.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:46:13 PM

Just 1 month ago LTC was at 0.002 to 0.0025btc and worth about $0.075 yet people were saying "LTC is overpriced, better sell now".

Idiot is someone who cares more about what other people say than other people care about what the idiot says.

The above sentence describes you so well, doesn't it?
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:51:46 PM

What a bunch of idiots.  Cheesy

Idiot is someone who cares more about what other people say than other people care about what the idiot says.

The above sentence describes you so well, doesn't it?

Aww you butt hurt psy?

Oh wait you don't care what I said is why you posted here right? Good job showing me.

lol  Grin

Edit: you are still a SOILEDCOIN supporter in my book. How's that Solidcoin thing coming along? trollface.jpg

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Hfertig

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:38:14 PM

I have been involved in trading for 15 years, and something I have learned is...

something which was a month ago at 0.002 and is now at 0.0075 is...

due for a correction....and nothing more.

The upside potential is so much limited to the downside potential, especially if it is just a copy of something of which noone is currently putting work into it.

Still good luck with your dream to become an early adopter millionaire....

efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:43:37 PM

People are involved. I would have thought one of the first things you learned in those 15 years is: thoroughly research your market!

Just because no one is telling you what they are working on or you aren't directly involved does *not* mean it isn't happening. Also, you haven't bothered to actually look into the differences between bitcoin and this 'copy'. They are seemingly minor, as most bitcoin holders would have you believe, but actually very significant when we are discussing technology.

Bitcoin is not actually gold.

Both bitcoin and litecoin are due for a correction. It seems to be happening slowly, which is very good for both coins.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:44:57 PM

I have been involved in trading for 15 years, and something I have learned is...

something which was a month ago at 0.002 and is now at 0.0075 is...

due for a correction....and nothing more.

The upside potential is so much limited to the downside potential, especially if it is just a copy of something of which noone is currently putting work into it.

Still good luck with your dream to become an early adopter millionaire....

Tell that to the guys who had private stocks of 5% of Facebook in 2005. Oh yeah, that 50000$ turn in 26 quadrillion.
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 11:07:22 PM

I really don't understand all the hate on here for a slightly different alt coin.  Why?

Its like lots of loving for black and white cats, and seriously hating white and black cats!

If we were to add up all the market caps for all the crypto coins out there, it would be less value that a single small retailer that some of us might have heard of! Some individuals have spent more on a yacht than everyone worldwide together does on Crypto currency!

My point is, its a very small market - we should all be putting far more effort into making the market bigger, rather than fighting about who has the better implementation of an original 9 page document?

The truth is, we are many, many years from this being the usual way of making a transaction - and most likely, when that day comes, it will be a very different product to the BTC or LTC we know today.

Life is short enough already, do we really need to waste it on something so petty?

/rant
Smiley

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
Hfertig

Activity: 361

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:28:17 PM

I am researching my market, and from what you can see I am involved in cryptocurrencies much longer than most people here.... I was initially arbitraging the European market with Mtgox in the beginning of 2011 before the rocket took off.

I am not saying that bitcoin is gold. But even bitcoin has still not made it to the minds of institutional investors. Even only a limited amount of high net worth individuals have heard about them.... but they are still not mainstream.

From what I can see in Litecoin, is that the demand is made out of speculation of a small group of people, mostly miners. There are about 1000 to 1200 people in BTC-E, making the market. Lets say the whole market is 4000 people at most. This is a fair amount of people to drive volatility but not the right amount of people to bring it forward. Too many people within those 4000 are in the hope of becoming early adopter millionairs, with the danger of losing everything.

I do hope that I am wrong, as I do not like to see people losing money.... which can be a very thoug. I know people who have killed themselves because of standing on the wrong side of the trade.

LTC might have a bright future, but I personally dont believe in it. Everyone who comes to Litecoin will learn about it via Bitcoin first. LTC has a very high risk !!!!!

Atlantis might be the first step for LTC to get people interested, but again it is a copy.

The next thing is the volatility of LTC. Nice for me trading it, not good for vendors or businesses trying to accept it as a currency.

I do wish you all good luck and I do hope I am wrong. But becoming a millionaire is not that easy... or maybe it is?

This is no hate. This is a warning to people who might lose all of their investment....

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:34:01 PM

^^ It's easy to make money if you can accept a little risk...  I have used the increase in price to purchase more mining rigs with my hoarded LTC and further drive the network hash rate up.  In the meantime, my profit in general increases if I sell daily because I have so many more cards mining right now.

I realize now that it's a never ending cycle of tight reinvestment into more gear, hoarding what I can, and selling a little to keep up with electricity.  But so far it's been extremely profitable for me and I expect more people to hop on board as time goes on, especially as ASICs become widespread.

The $1500 I spent for a 2 MH/s rig 6 months ago has now netted me about $11k after electricity, plus I still have the hardware to sell.  I can't wait to see what 6 MH/s of new rigs will net me.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 11:37:31 PM

I am researching my market, and from what you can see I am involved in cryptocurrencies much longer than most people here.... I was initially arbitraging the European market with Mtgox in the beginning of 2011 before the rocket took off.

I am not saying that bitcoin is gold. But even bitcoin has still not made it to the minds of institutional investors. Even only a limited amount of high net worth individuals have heard about them.... but they are still not mainstream.

From what I can see in Litecoin, is that the demand is made out of speculation of a small group of people, mostly miners. There are about 1000 to 1200 people in BTC-E, making the market. Lets say the whole market is 4000 people at most. This is a fair amount of people to drive volatility but not the right amount of people to bring it forward. Too many people within those 4000 are in the hope of becoming early adopter millionairs, with the danger of losing everything.

I do hope that I am wrong, as I do not like to see people losing money.... which can be a very thoug. I know people who have killed themselves because of standing on the wrong side of the trade.

LTC might have a bright future, but I personally dont believe in it. Everyone who comes to Litecoin will learn about it via Bitcoin first. LTC has a very high risk !!!!!

Atlantis might be the first step for LTC to get people interested, but again it is a copy.

The next thing is the volatility of LTC. Nice for me trading it, not good for vendors or businesses trying to accept it as a currency.

I do wish you all good luck and I do hope I am wrong. But becoming a millionaire is not that easy... or maybe it is?

This is no hate. This is a warning to people who might lose all of their investment....

its funny how everywhere in your post you can substitute "Ltc" by "btc" and it still holds true.
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 12:22:15 AM

^ Yes,

Also, I can easily make valid points that BTC could begin a never ending decline tomorrow. People can find litecoin on its own or through bitcoin. It's free publicity, the phrase 'like bitcoin but faster' has a nice little basis in reality. Not only that, the litecoin network can handle more transactions while bitcoin founders in transaction backlog land.

Note, I'm not saying the above will happen...Bias can do amazing things, no?

It's very easy to accept litecoin if you're willing to wait for bitcoin.

I don't know what sort of investments you've made besides the initial bitcoin gamble. However, ignoring the fact that technology always advances and pretending that something specifically makes bitcoin more attractive is rather shortsighted. You just have lots of them. You have a minor point about the volatility....Which is a steadily improving situation, as can be expected with a growing market.

I've found that technology that handles more data in less time than other, similar technology tends to be worth more, especially over time. I don't really know what indicators you are looking for....

I'm starting Baby Jesus Coin, wanna buy in?

klear

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:58:47 AM

LTC difficulty is now 96, if it goes to 105 at the same price i'll be neck and neck with bitcoin mining profitability
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:59:46 AM

I have litecoins myself, and I don't hate them. I'm just butthurt because I was in the market for a 7970, and of course the two sellers I had got boners for the $.60/LTC and withdrew the sale from under me. I personally think it's a poor habit as a seller. When people make bids in an auction, that's a binding agreement. Agreeing to sell once someone has made an offer should be binding, unless that person has been an asshole in the time between the offer and the sale. Then it's at the seller's discretion. But I have made quite a few trades on this forum and others and I work hard to treat people I'm dealing with with respect.

I ended up getting a much better 7970 anyway (Lightning), and I made some money when LTC rose, so I won't really complain.

Edit: Hello Klear!!!
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 05:57:44 AM

To all the smoothies Just X month ago Y was at Z1 to Z2 btc and worth about $Z3 yet people were saying "X is overpriced, scam, premine, etc better sell now".  Grin

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 06:00:09 AM

To all the smoothies Just X month ago Y was at Z1 to Z2 btc and worth about $Z3 yet people were saying "X is overpriced, scam, premine, etc better sell now".  Grin

Nope, not exactly. Litecoin has gotten more public bashing than any other alt-coin.

So no you're formula isn't applicable here.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

SRoulette

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 06:38:37 AM

Nope, not exactly. Litecoin has gotten more public bashing than any other alt-coin.

No smoothie that is a blatant lie and you know it being one of the most vocal alt coin bashers, the only one that gets a pass is your pet coin.

I cite your entire post history as my proof. see any comments you have made regarding TRC, PPC or NVC.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 06:50:17 AM

To all the smoothies Just X month ago Y was at Z1 to Z2 btc and worth about $Z3 yet people were saying "X is overpriced, scam, premine, etc better sell now".  Grin

No smoothie that is a blatant lie and you know it being one of the most vocal alt coin bashers, the only one that gets a pass is your pet coin.

I cite your entire post history as my proof. see any comments you have made regarding TRC, PPC or NVC.

Reread my post again douche. Oh and I thought you were coin-neutral. Guess that was bullshit too?  Tongue

Edit: Keep in mind I am just one forum user. My bashing only comes at a small percentage to the crap coins you listed above. Each of those coins above have their bullshit issues:

1. Premine

2. Shady development

3. Shady release

4. Bribing

5. Lack of changes from bitcoin that keep it secure from being mined the "fuck" out of it.

If you replace LTC with NVC, PPC, and TRC  in my original statement...then no it is not a true statement.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

SRoulette

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 06:58:19 AM

To all the smoothies Just X month ago Y was at Z1 to Z2 btc and worth about $Z3 yet people were saying "X is overpriced, scam, premine, etc better sell now".  Grin

Reread my post again douche. Oh and I thought you were coin-neutral. Guess that was bullshit too?  Tongue

Edit: Keep in mind I am just one forum user. My bashing only comes at a small percentage to the crap coins you listed above. Each of those coins above have their bullshit issues:

1. Premine

2. Shady development

3. Shady release

4. Bribing

5. Lack of changes from bitcoin that keep it secure from being mined the "fuck" out of it.

If you replace LTC with NVC, PPC, and TRC  in my original statement...then no it is not a true statement.

Oh what lies you weave smoothie Smiley While I take everything you say with a grain of salt I do find your posts entraining.
Perhaps someone else here is happy to entertain your delusions but I am not.

SRoulette

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 07:22:30 AM

SROULETTE you are gay momma's boy, a homo fag, that wears a tutu and spins around in your yard, while wearing lipstick.
Do you really think you are the best person to be reassuring anyone about litecoins status given this is how you usually behave ?
Had I no previous knowledge of litecoin and encountered one of your posts first I dont think Id give it a second glance.

Perhaps a mature approach coupled with the ability to handle criticism directed at yourself could be a better way forward ?

either way, hoorah for litecoin Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: