Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:17:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaaand up we go  (Read 832 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:45:58 PM

Damn, all those people that tried to short and hasn't bough back in already must be really mad. It was so clear that all you had to do is keep buying the dips as they always happen and after the dip is done, the price always goes up no matter what. Bitcoin has only been going UP for years now since the last 150 dollar bottom! people getting out of Bitcoin are INSANE. Big, big, big gains in the future awaits for holders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:00:00 PM

Damn, all those people that tried to short and hasn't bough back in already must be really mad. It was so clear that all you had to do is keep buying the dips as they always happen and after the dip is done, the price always goes up no matter what. Bitcoin has only been going UP for years now since the last 150 dollar bottom! people getting out of Bitcoin are INSANE. Big, big, big gains in the future awaits for holders.

Supply and Demand! The supply-issuance is getting cut in half tomorrow. The demand would have to decrease a dramatic amount for the price to not go up. Demand for new coins would have to be cut in half for the price to stay flat. Demand for new coins would have to drop by more than half for the price to go down.

Certainly there is a bit more to price discovery than just this. These dynamics are not always so clearly defined, but supply and demand fundamentals do serve as the foundation for valuation..
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:36:14 PM

you do realize that none of those people who are screaming the death of bitcoin are really meaning it right?

they are just spreading FUD, they don't really act on it themselves. they just try to fool a couple of people so that maybe they can create a deeper dip to buy cheaper coins themselves.

to the moon with bitcoin...
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:41:18 PM

Everyone I know who shorted, already took profits, and are now long......

.......most of them will be selling around $670, and will likely be looking to reshort for the next big leg down.

I liked the short from around the $670 level, but was asleep when the trade setup triggered.....I liked long after the double bottom at $610 accompanied with 61.8% tag and bull div on 1hr MACD....but I was out at social occasion when trade setup triggered.....

......what is the point in wetting your pants over a perfectly rountine counter-trend bounce, as Bitcoin steadily works it's way down to $450?

I advise you to stop being a Bitcoin supporter, cos it doesn't support you, and it doesn't even support the Chinese Bitcoin Cowboys who have taken the thing over, and who intended to run Bitcoin as their own personal cash cow......these boys are running into troubles, and that should be of great concern to any foaming at the mouth Bitcoin Kool Aid guzzling nutter, like yourself.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:25:42 AM

Well I agree with you OP. IMO I think it is just right not to sell all of your bitcoin at once since there can be a new price rise. Well you can sell it all at once if you have a stable income to generate more bitcoin for yourself.

If the price rise to $1000 within the next few weeks, then it is just a big bubble, I will sell. otherwise I will hold.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:49:27 AM

Well I agree with you OP. IMO I think it is just right not to sell all of your bitcoin at once since there can be a new price rise. Well you can sell it all at once if you have a stable income to generate more bitcoin for yourself.

Whatever you do, it's never a good idea to sell all your coins at once. People that have done this so far have never been happy as they miss the fact that they were holding something special. That's why I always sell in smaller steps.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:55:49 AM

If the price rise to $1000 within the next few weeks, then it is just a big bubble, I will sell. otherwise I will hold.

When the next crazy run kicks in, trust me you will regret it to sell at $1000 while the price will keep climbing to new ATHs!
Breaking the $1k again to me means we will move to prices we haven't seen so far, and no one will know where it will stop!
So I would recommend to hold as long as possible without loosing your coolness!
EastSound

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:56:41 PM

When the next crazy run kicks in, trust me you will regret it to sell at $1000 while the price will keep climbing to new ATHs!
Breaking the $1k again to me means we will move to prices we haven't seen so far, and no one will know where it will stop!
So I would recommend to hold as long as possible without loosing your coolness!

I do not think the price will be $1000 in next 3 months, if that is the case, I will sell. If it is below that, I will hold.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:45:14 PM

It was not only up and i did consider to short bitcoin just before the halving but I am glad I didn't. That would have cost me quite some money.
But on the mid term (3-6 months) I can't help to be  a little bit sceptic toward the outcome. We may see the price go down again.
NAMBLA Scientist, the

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:03:24 PM

Damn, all those people that tried to short and hasn't bough back in already must be really mad.

If by "mad" you mean "mad about not selling @$1,200 a few years ago," then I guess. Making $30 per on teh halvening drop wasn't too bad, meh.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:20:56 PM

and nope.

Oct.. be patient boys.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:27:48 PM

and nope.

Oct.. be patient boys.
well even though the price is still not going up i think it is going to happen pretty soon and make me some good money really easily, i hope that in this way i will be able to benefit from bitcoins
EastSound

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:31:57 AM

and nope.

Oct.. be patient boys.
well even though the price is still not going up i think it is going to happen pretty soon and make me some good money really easily, i hope that in this way i will be able to benefit from bitcoins

We do not want the bitcoin price to be too volatile. That is bad for it to be used as a major currency.
Omegasun

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:14:23 AM

and nope.

Oct.. be patient boys.

We do not want the bitcoin price to be too volatile. That is bad for it to be used as a major currency.

Most major currencies are very stable. If bitcoin wants to compete with them and become a good currency, it has to be stable.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█