Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:09:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone had any luck with BitmainWarranty (US based in Colorado)?  (Read 1401 times)
methodlimp (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:48:36 PM

Hi all,

Here's my backstory: My Antminer S7 batch 7 units had 6 out of 9 boards burnt out within 2 months (back in January/Feburary). Since they were still covered under warranty, I sent them to Bitmain China to repair under the warranty, and spent about $200 shipping the boards for the RMA. It took one month to get the boards back from China after they were "repaired."

Within 30 days, the exact same boards I got back from china under the warranty burnt out again (I've got Batch 8 miners that have been absolutely great since day 1 with no issues). When I pulled out the boards from the miners, every single one of the boards I got back from China under warranty has heat sinks fall completely off.

Rather than go through that trouble again, I decided to send them to Bitmain USA and pay a fee based repair. (bitmainwarranty.com)

They were delivered on June 4th. One month and 4 days later, I still have no idea what's going on with my boards. The last time I heard from them was on June 30th when they said the advanced tech needed to take a look at them. They said the boards couldn't be repaired via normal repair process and needed a "deep repair."

First off, why were my RMA boards dead from bitmain china within a month after I got them back?

Secondly, why are those same boards unrepairable for Bitmain USA, and why is it so painful to get any response? I never overclocked them and ran them in a server room... my RMA'd boards should have never died again within 30 days.

5 of the 6 boards I sent had no burn marks and falling heatsinks. One of the 7 had a slight burn mark under one of the heatsinks. And yet all of them are "unrepairable" and need a "deep repair?"

Has anyone had luck with BitmainWarranty (US fee-based repair)?

The last time they posted on the forum was back in June 13th, so that doesn't make me feel any better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:40:29 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2016, 08:56:05 PM by notlist3d

Hi all,

Here's my backstory: My Antminer S7 batch 7 units had 6 out of 9 boards burnt out within 2 months (back in January/Feburary). Since they were still covered under warranty, I sent them to Bitmain China to repair under the warranty, and spent about $200 shipping the boards for the RMA. It took one month to get the boards back from China after they were "repaired."

Within 30 days, the exact same boards I got back from china under the warranty burnt out again (I've got Batch 8 miners that have been absolutely great since day 1 with no issues). When I pulled out the boards from the miners, every single one of the boards I got back from China under warranty has heat sinks fall completely off.

Rather than go through that trouble again, I decided to send them to Bitmain USA and pay a fee based repair. (bitmainwarranty.com)

They were delivered on June 4th. One month and 4 days later, I still have no idea what's going on with my boards. The last time I heard from them was on June 30th when they said the advanced tech needed to take a look at them. They said the boards couldn't be repaired via normal repair process and needed a "deep repair."

First off, why were my RMA boards dead from bitmain china within a month after I got them back?

Secondly, why are those same boards unrepairable for Bitmain USA, and why is it so painful to get any response? I never overclocked them and ran them in a server room... my RMA'd boards should have never died again within 30 days.

5 of the 6 boards I sent had no burn marks and falling heatsinks. One of the 7 had a slight burn mark under one of the heatsinks. And yet all of them are "unrepairable" and need a "deep repair?"

Has anyone had luck with BitmainWarranty (US fee-based repair)?

The last time they posted on the forum was back in June 13th, so that doesn't make me feel any better.

They have very good service you can contact them through website - https://bitmainwarranty.com/contact/  , or there is even a phone number you can call on site.  They are very quick on customer service.   To my knowledge they can do all repairs that standard China route does, but on a much quicker time frame for those in or close to US.

What way's have you tried to contact BitmainWarranty?  They should be able to give you a much better anwser then us guessing but from my dealings with them they are very quick when I dealt with them.  So I again suggest contacting them.

Questions of OP:
1. First off, why were my RMA boards dead from bitmain china within a month after I got them back?

We cannot give a good reason but I would look at your mining area as burning 6 out of 9 on initial is not normal.   And if you got them back and still are burning them again something is wrong.... I would look at your mining area (PSU's, Electricity, Heat, Etc).  It could be something on your side is common factor though going through so many boards.  This is something you should ask BitmainWarranty if you sent them the boards as they can tell much more then our guesses on forum.

2. Secondly, why are those same boards unrepairable for Bitmain USA, and why is it so painful to get any response? I never overclocked them and ran them in a server room... my RMA'd boards should have never died again within 30 days.

Look above and contact them though website or phone even.  They are very quick every time I have dealt with them.   But if they say it's un-repairable for them it would be un-repairable for standard China route to.   They have full capability when doing repairs.  But again best advice is to contact them as they know more then anyone on the forum of your situation.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:44:50 AM

I have not had anything repaired, but bought one S7 through them and they host it.  When I put in a ticket or send an email I get a response within the hour.  Very happy with them.
smesterj

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:41:27 AM

Well I sent an email 3 days ago and still no response from them.
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:41:48 AM

Sorry to say but bad experience here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1540037.0

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
vianez

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:25:31 PM

Same situation here, what about many time passed? You have got back the hashboard or not?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: