Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: North Carolina Shrugs as Lawmakers Define Bitcoin  (Read 856 times)
Posternut (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:40:57 PM

New cryptocurrency legislation was passed into law North Carolina by Governor Pat McCrory. Signed on July 6, the “Money Transmitters Act” defines virtual currencies as permissible investments, electronic and digital mediums, and digital records.

https://news.bitcoin.com/north-carolina-shrugs-define-bitcoin/
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:53:11 PM

sound like a great thing for Bitcoin and other Altcoins ..... Grin
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:12:19 PM

sound like a great thing for Bitcoin and other Altcoins ..... Grin
Maybe, but as soon regulators getting hands on bitcoin im shaking. They are so behind in technology that they would almost for sure produce some rubbish law which will affect bitcoin bad way :|
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:33:13 PM

Anything is better than BitLicense... All BitLicense has done is moved companies out of New York. Lets just hope nothing bad happens for North Carolina.
Posternut (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:48:50 PM

Typically they slip in the friendly "defining" then comes the stifling regulations. Gotta pay the piper.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:19:59 PM

i wonder what the compliance bill's gonna be when every state has proper legislation for crypto. you'd hope it would be less than it is now as that should be the point. i'm not super sure it will be.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:15:18 AM

i wonder what the compliance bill's gonna be when every state has proper legislation for crypto. you'd hope it would be less than it is now as that should be the point. i'm not super sure it will be.

It would be better to have national guidelines on crypto currencies, rather than have different states follow different approaches.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:13:51 PM

I live here. Good for the State, as there is actually a decent amount of bitcoin infrastructure in the Research Triangle. I think they are trying to get Duke and UNC Chapel Hill to be at the forefront ofbitcoin/blockchain development and research, rather than MIT. Would attract alot of btc venture capital, and with the transexual bathroom thing still in play, I don't think NC is turning down anyone that wants to bring business. Charlotte lost a lot of potential revenue with all that, taxes that could be used for general shit like roads and bridges and aggro cops.

You ever notice the majority of kooky reality television participants come from the Carolinas? Just some food for thought.
Das

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:11:42 AM

It would be better to have national guidelines on crypto currencies, rather than have different states follow different approaches.

That is so true. Someone might leave North Carolina and move to another state without knowing the bitcoin laws there are different. He might land himself in trouble if care is not taken...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: