Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN] Tao: Smart Contracts for Real Life, The Best The Blockchain Can Offer  (Read 5027 times)
Pyramusx

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 05:14:21 AM

Bryce?

I also just heard that Bryce Weiner is behind this project.

taoron, confirm/deny?

I have now heard this rumour too. Please confirm or deny and also tell me who Bryce Weiner is. I did a forum search and found this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=847777.0. If it's to be believed then this Bryce Weiner is bit of a shady dude. If so, why would people expect you to admit that you are Bryce Weiner if in fact you are, as the rumour suggests, Bryce Weiner? Food for thought I'm sure you'll agree. Plus where are all these gossiping fishwives hearing this rumour from not long after this ann was made? Seems like the sort of rumour that Bryce Weiner might start!   Shocked

bryce is an excellent dev, not sure why it would be a bad thing if he were a dev/one of the devs behind the project. all the coins that he worked on were solid, as far back as i can recall. i'd hate to burst any noobs bubbles, but there aren't many devs in crypto. i can count most of them on both hands. devs are generally contracted to create/work on coins by investors. as a dev, i hate when people (usually noobs) blame a dev for a failed coin (unless the coin had tech problems that weren't fixed and that's why it failed)

Good point sunerok, and what's good with XCT though?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:03:27 AM

Bryce?

taoron, confirm/deny?

I have now heard this rumour too. Please confirm or deny and also tell me who Bryce Weiner is. I did a forum search and found this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=847777.0. If it's to be believed then this Bryce Weiner is bit of a shady dude. If so, why would people expect you to admit that you are Bryce Weiner if in fact you are, as the rumour suggests, Bryce Weiner? Food for thought I'm sure you'll agree. Plus where are all these gossiping fishwives hearing this rumour from not long after this ann was made? Seems like the sort of rumour that Bryce Weiner might start!   Shocked

bryce is an excellent dev, not sure why it would be a bad thing if he were a dev/one of the devs behind the project. all the coins that he worked on were solid, as far back as i can recall. i'd hate to burst any noobs bubbles, but there aren't many devs in crypto. i can count most of them on both hands. devs are generally contracted to create/work on coins by investors. as a dev, i hate when people (usually noobs) blame a dev for a failed coin (unless the coin had tech problems that weren't fixed and that's why it failed)

This is an extremely good point,. But when devs start getting people to buy the coins by hyping it thats when they truely suck. You are the only one I know that doesn't do it.

Anyway the TAO 'NO HYPE, NO BULLSHIT'
That doesnt sound too good in a prelaunch thread. Its kind of a contradiction before they even get started.

To peel or not to peel.
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 07:33:09 PM

Bryce?

taoron, confirm/deny?
Bryce helped us in developing the project to fruition and we appreciate his efforts and enthusiasm in bringing this project to the attention of his friends in the community.
majestymage

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 07:58:14 PM

well, this might be interesting..i'll keep an eye

██████
                                             ██████▄▄
                                             ██████  ▀▀▀▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄▄▄                             ▄▀ █ ▀▄         █▀████
         █████          ████             ▄▀   █   ▀▄     ▄▀   █
         █████          ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▀     █     ▀▄ ▄▀    █
       ▄▀     █         █▀▄█▀▄     █████     █       ▄▀▄    █
     ▄▀        ▀▄      █▄█▄▄█▄▀█▀▀▀█████     █     ▄▀   ▀▄ █
█████      ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀█ █   ▀▄  ▀▄   █ █     █   ▄▀     █████
████████▀▀▀       █  █  █    █    ▀▄█   █  ████▄▀       █████
█████   ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█  █      █    █▀▄   █▄████         ▄▀
                  ▀█▀▀███     ▀▄  █  ▄█▀▀  █          ▄▀
                  █  ▄▀▀▀      █ █▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  █       ▄▀
             ░█████▄▀         ████        ▀▀▄█    ▄▀
              █████           ████▀▀▀▄▄▄      ███████
              ▀▀▀▀▀                     ▀▀▀▄▄▄███████
                                              ███████
                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
/iTEX/./INNOVATING TRADING EXCHANGE/.
/Whitepaper/ /Sign Up/ /Buy Token Now/

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Mgrover

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:24:02 PM

waiting for ICO to begain and when mine will start.
Vikiardi12

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:27:40 PM

yes, i know Smiley
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:14:17 PM

watch
Hulk Hobo

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:17:34 AM

Bryce?

taoron, confirm/deny?

Not a noob. Bryce is a horrific dev. Lot's of proof of failed projects. Always blames others, you will get burned working with him. Good luck, and lol.
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:24:37 AM

Wasn't this TAO announced before ? I think I heard of it some time ago, not sure, but will search in my history to see if I'm not wrong.
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 08:52:45 AM

Looks good on first read.

EDIT: your Twitter account joined in 2014? Has this project been in the works for a long while?

Thank you!

We have been working on this project for some time and the name has changed in the course of development.
I didn't get it. What do you mean by 'the name has changed'? Let's clear this... You got a twitter in 2014 and you got a github in 2016. The git contains no code as well as the twitter has no tweets (except few made on 9th June 2016 exactly when the github was created). So you've been working on the project for 2 years and wrote 0 lines of code? Looks weird.

Again. Anon devs. No info but the ICO. No results in 2 years of development. Weird accounts. This all smells fishy. Don't recommend. Likely a scam.

Edit: Mr. Tao Sauron, what do you say?

taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 05:23:39 PM

The whitepaper is now online!

http://tao.network/WelcometoTao.pdf
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:01:10 AM

Looks good on first read.

EDIT: your Twitter account joined in 2014? Has this project been in the works for a long while?

Thank you!

We have been working on this project for some time and the name has changed in the course of development.
I didn't get it. What do you mean by 'the name has changed'? Let's clear this... You got a twitter in 2014 and you got a github in 2016. The git contains no code as well as the twitter has no tweets (except few made on 9th June 2016 exactly when the github was created). So you've been working on the project for 2 years and wrote 0 lines of code? Looks weird.

Again. Anon devs. No info but the ICO. No results in 2 years of development. Weird accounts. This all smells fishy. Don't recommend. Likely a scam.

Edit: Mr. Tao Sauron, what do you say?
That the GitHub is empty doesn't mean there is no code, but that it hasn't been posted.  This is an open source project that is attempting to be crowdfunded.  There's  not many projects that have their code posted to the repository prior to the crowd sale starting.  Likewise, it would be equally foolish to announce the intent to start a crowd sale and not have code.  The devs are not anonymous, we simply haven't revealed the team at this point.  There's no less than four individuals contributing to the project, one being legal counsel (who is also a former judge).  The accounts aren't "weird", but simply recycled as the branding changed during the course of development.

This project is no scam by any means and we would invite the community to watch the project with a cautious but open mind.
mitao

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:03:25 AM

buy just buy, ico after ico keep going.
jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 07:00:39 PM

1.  "No Hype! No Bullshit!"

2. .. the most resilient, robust and vetted blockchain-based smart contract system ever launched ...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"No Shame!" would be more correct

jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 07:02:44 PM

We can sign up for "Exclusive Pre Sale Offers"??  What is it? You are selling even before the presale?
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:24:17 PM

The investor handbook is now available! tao.network/InvestorsHandbook.pdf
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:41:59 PM

Join our slack community today!
https://tao11.typeform.com/to/ws8MgM
sunerok

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 09:30:16 PM

I did a brief code review with some of the Tao team, and i can definitely verify this is happening. They were easy going and pretty open about my questions as we went along.

I saw a fully functional blockchain, with a bunch of new/unique features and op_codes. I saw it functioning as a binary as well, and from what I gathered,

this is a sturdy chain, with a platform that has many new functions that seem to make its versatility/implementation near endless. I'm not sure what features I should mention, but i'll say

with relief that this is definitely not another shitcoin ico.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
rajeshgarnaik

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:20:14 AM

looking good will buy some and mine.

hananl1styo

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Translator English to Indonesian Language

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:40:18 PM