Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:05:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the MTGox - Coinlab deal in trouble? Yes. It is in litigation!  (Read 6545 times)
sounds

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:36:57 PM

It wouldn't take much effort on Coinlab and Mtgox's part to have a blog where they could spend 3 minutes a day updating people about the situation..
They did post on another thread that they wanted to hire a PR person. I suspect that's because whatever Mtgox or CoinLab say will have a noticeable effect on the market.

So in one sense, they're being fair by not posting anything. If they did post something, someone would start to claim they were insider trading on the volatility they can cause.

Still I would personally rather see regular posts. It would be more fair if they posted exactly one article at exactly the same time each day (0:00 UTC maybe?).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:23:05 PM

It wouldn't take much effort on Coinlab and Mtgox's part to have a blog where they could spend 3 minutes a day updating people about the situation..
They did post on another thread that they wanted to hire a PR person. I suspect that's because whatever Mtgox or CoinLab say will have a noticeable effect on the market.

So in one sense, they're being fair by not posting anything. If they did post something, someone would start to claim they were insider trading on the volatility they can cause.

Still I would personally rather see regular posts. It would be more fair if they posted exactly one article at exactly the same time each day (0:00 UTC maybe?).

Oh yeah - updates are better than nothing. Even a twitter stream would do. You do not have to make a press release every time you have something to say.
yucca

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 03:33:34 AM

Someone mind explaining to me why you have to claim them on your taxes?
I thought legally Bitcoin was in a grey area at the moment.

It is legally grey as a currency. As an asset its very clear - when it increases above what you paid for it, you are supposed to pay taxes on that.

Only when said asset is converted back to money (sold)

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:08:22 AM

I hope they hired that PR person, he/she could be needed just about right now!  Shocked
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:09:50 AM

I hope they hired that PR person, he/she could be needed just about right now!  Shocked

If we see mtgox closed price will be single digits.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:58:03 AM

Why?
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:08:17 PM

Why?
The color of his "ignore" button explains why.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
ArticMine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:23:51 PM

I updated the initial post to reflect the current situation. I must say did not expect litigation when I started this thread back in March. Now for the relevant question in the speculation sub forum. What impact will this litigation have on the BTC / USD exchange rate?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:27:11 PM

I updated the initial post to reflect the current situation. I must say did not expect litigation when I started this thread back in March. Now for the relevant question in the speculation sub forum. What impact will this litigation have on the BTC/USD exchange rate?

Nothing. Such pathetic squabbles are irrelevant to most powerful idea for the internet since the WWW.

ArticMine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:29:17 PM

I updated the initial post to reflect the current situation. I must say did not expect litigation when I started this thread back in March. Now for the relevant question in the speculation sub forum. What impact will this litigation have on the BTC/USD exchange rate?

Nothing. Such pathetic squabbles are irrelevant to most powerful idea for the internet since the WWW.

Over the long term I would agree but in the short term this is quite another matter.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: