Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:53:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I MAY Be getting new computer if I can help it  (Read 506 times)
JsmintuckNeedawpsite (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:39:50 AM

Intel Core i3-2120 3.3Ghz Dualcore CPU with Hyperthreading

The processor is mentioned above. What sort of coins can be mined with these specs? Would love to know.

I heard CPU mining is nearly over, but if I can get a few altcoins out of this, I'd be pleased.
sfinxster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:08:46 AM

Honestly even for a few coins it's not worth it. You could try maybe Monero or Digibytes.
Mauser

Activity: 1848
Merit: 533

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:29:55 AM

The processor is mentioned above. What sort of coins can be mined with these specs? Would love to know.

I heard CPU mining is nearly over, but if I can get a few altcoins out of this, I'd be pleased.

I am no expert here but try to look into ETH mining. There quite a few successful miners. You can also use your GPU to mine altcoins.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 06:40:35 AM

for strictly CPU coins i would suggest you check out minergate Wink
its a very newb friendly GUI cpu (and gpu) miner. but you only mentioned your cpu so ill stick to that Wink
coins like "Coinmagi"  (XMG) are very cpu friendly also so look into that one also Wink

https://minergate.com/
http://coinmagi.org/

good luck! Wink

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
wintermeasures

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:46:24 AM

I think your pc will be less profitable if used for mining without a graphics card. Because the processor is good is not enough for mining, but maybe you can use mining application's from MINERGATE.COM to mine altcoin. Thank you
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:54:18 AM

Well man I suggest you don't mine altcoins. It ain't profitable now since the age of CPU mining is over. You can mine some new released coins but they aren't promising IMO.
I agree with you. Everyone should avoid mining using CPU now and altcoins since many altcoins are scam. IMO I think you should just look for another source of income than CPU mining.
i am also agree with you. i think that is not so a good idea. it will take much of our time and may be of no use. so try to avoid ultcoin mining cpu it think it will better for you.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:06:11 PM

I would not spend the time to try and mine with a CPU anymore.

The heat, noise and wear and tear on your machine will be causing a lot of trouble for no financial gain at all.

Also, you machine will be unusable during mining because the high cpu loads.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:20:04 PM

usually people invest in a good GPU to mine altcoins to make some money. and that is only if you are lucky enough to find a good altcoin to mine which is also have a high price (like how ETH used to be like, i don't know if it is still profitable to mine it). and also you have to consider the costs of electricity and accepting the fact that you are lowering the lifetime of your equipment.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: