Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:08:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do You Smoke Cigarettes / Tobacco ?
No - 46 (32.2%)
Yes - 97 (67.8%)
Total Voters: 143

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Do You Smoke ?  (Read 22864 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:31:51 AM

I smoke and i am curious how many Forum users do also.
I bet more do not smoke than do.. just the trend these days i think.

I started in my parents home at 11 years old.
I got caught sneaking around smoking and i was confronted by my MOM.
Who said she had discussed it with my step-dad..
She said it would be safer than sneaking around smoking.
So..
I was smoking a pack a day + by 12 years old.
I turn 41 this year and i have gone no more than "hours" quitting.
I think i will die a smoker !

I also have known more than once person who either died or almost died from it.
My room-mate 1.5 years ago had part of his lung cut out from cancer for example
And he started smoking again a few months later.

So in case you all did not figure it out.. smoking is addictive (probably a good idea to avoid it)

So post your comment & vote ..and sorry pot-heads this Poll here is not for you LOL

Comments ?
I tried smoking natural tobacco before and it was garbage.
It was like grabbing some random leaves from a tree & smoking it.
Every aspect of it sucked.. probably because there was no chemicals sprayed on it.
I had heard before they create freebase-nicotine and spray it on.
There was talk of this in court cases long ago and Big Tobacco said it was for "regulating" levels of nicotine.

Also if you are an American have you tried smoking our Canadian cigarettes ? Like them ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:52:38 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 05:10:55 AM by bones261

I smoke like a chimney. Thank god that my job is pretty easy on me and lets me take 6 smoke breaks a day, while looking the other way. I've been smoking for almost 30 years and have the constant smoker's cough to prove it. Not projecting that I will ever make it to retirement. I have tried quitting several times and always ended up smoking again
     I do not remember if I tried Canadian cigarettes or not. I was in Canada in the early 90s and remember being taken back by how much the cigarettes were. I think that I had brought my own across the border. The cigarettes were cheap on the Indian reservation close by the Twin cities.
     I started smoking a little when I was a teenager. However, the habit did not become daily until I was in college.
JsmintuckNeedawpsite

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:56:29 AM

I am LUCKY to be a Native Canadian/Status Native.

Why?

I got MacDonalds Plain with Filter x2 packs for $17 CAD.

The other at any other store than the Creeland, that accepts Status cards would have cost $18 for ONE pack.

So, I DID get away with a good price.
btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:03:36 AM

i totally dont smoke tobacco. i really hate the smell of it. but i mostly smoke some blunt
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:36:03 AM

I don't see why you'd smoke a blunt if you do not like tobacco.
Google what a blunt is Wink
I DO get the smell thing though.
Not much we can do about it though.. If you smoke your going to smell.

@bones
I traveled across the USA in the 90's and was shocked how much cheaper they were in the USA.
I can't recall what they were here but i think between $5 & $6 per pack here x20 smokes.
And across the states they had big drums full by cash registers on sale for 99 cents each.
So i was buying them a lot with some Charleston Chew's (can not get those in Canada)

But what blew me away is we had laws in Canada change over the decades.
And as far back as i remember we never had big drums of smoke packs freely accessible to shoppers.
In our convenience stores they would be behind the counter or on display by the cash register.
Sort of like Beer which you can not find here unless you got a store that specializes in selling it.
Now.. we gradually had tougher laws put in place.
Stores are not even allowed to show you the smokes.
They by law have to be 100% hidden in cupboards or something that blocks seeing any packaging.
Which is retarded.. try figuring our what they sell..
Like hey do you sell Peter Jackson smokes store guy ?
Then the guy is never a smoker and has no idea.. and they are ALWAYS under lock & key
so it ends up being a grocery store line up staller from hell while people behind you roll their eyes.

And fuck don't get me started on the pictures they put on our smoke packs..
Photshopped lunacy ! ahhahahah

Now ?
20 smokes per pack in BC, Canada is about $10 a pack in our CAN Dollar.
WOW Holy fuck !
Plenty of people said they would quit when they hot $10 a pack but they are still smoking LOL

I had known before guys with an Indian Reservation status card that would buy me smokes cheap here.
Our Federal govt charges a HUGE massive Tax on smokes. (which Native Indians do not have to pay)
They blame us for huge health care costs..

Also Google search the difference between CAN & USA smokes people.
THERE is a huge difference between the two !
I could tell 100% of the time blind folded no problem.
And sorry but i think the USA kind has a hint of what i can only describe as a "manure" taste.
They do something very different between the two products across the border !

Myself i just buy pouches of Tobacco and roll my own with a little machine or use Zig Zaga.
It's waaaay cheaper !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Cloverdale

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Want Loan ? : Goo.gl/KjntcF

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:38:37 AM

I vape ocassionaly. Does that count in smoking?
I never liked the smell of cigarretes.
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 12:45:29 PM

I vape ocassionaly. Does that count in smoking?
I never liked the smell of cigarretes.

Me too, but from time to time I smoke cigarettes too - I usually roll some from pouches of tobacco, because it is cheaper, but I don't like the smell... Most of the time I just vape from my electronic cigarette, which is "healthier" and I don't add any flavor to the liquid, because others around me may not like it... I can last a couple of days without smoking, but eventually I will feel the need to do it Cheesy

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:55:43 PM

im never want to smoke, because itsn't good for health, thats all
Prozak

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:25:21 PM

I smoke cigarettes sometimes but weed is better  Cool
mentaken

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:27:09 PM

No I don't smoke. Unhealthy and a waste of money

High Plains Drifter

Activity: 289

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:47:24 PM

I "smoke" candy cigarettes.  Those are the best

Believe in the Shield!
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:48:35 PM

I smoke and i am curious how many Forum users do also.
I bet more do not smoke than do.. just the trend these days i think.

I started in my parents home at 11 years old.
I got caught sneaking around smoking and i was confronted by my MOM.
Who said she had discussed it with my step-dad..
She said it would be safer than sneaking around smoking.
So..
I was smoking a pack a day + by 12 years old.
I turn 41 this year and i have gone no more than "hours" quitting.
I think i will die a smoker !

I also have known more than once person who either died or almost died from it.
My room-mate 1.5 years ago had part of his lung cut out from cancer for example
And he started smoking again a few months later.

So in case you all did not figure it out.. smoking is addictive (probably a good idea to avoid it)

So post your comment & vote ..and sorry pot-heads this Poll here is not for you LOL

Comments ?
I tried smoking natural tobacco before and it was garbage.
It was like grabbing some random leaves from a tree & smoking it.
Every aspect of it sucked.. probably because there was no chemicals sprayed on it.
I had heard before they create freebase-nicotine and spray it on.
There was talk of this in court cases long ago and Big Tobacco said it was for "regulating" levels of nicotine.

Also if you are an American have you tried smoking our Canadian cigarettes ? Like them ?
yeah back then when i was like 13 i started smoking,my friend showed me it and it was like you know,
i dont like it but my best buddy does it so i will too.
Of course mother caught me,and i have never smoked after it,but im 25 now and i use to smoke sometimes ;P
frankmb

Activity: 308

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:51:21 PM

I used to smoke like 2 packs a day for 20+ years, now i just smoke weed.

Sometimes on rare occasions i still like to smoke a cigarette.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:01:19 PM

@Spoetnik
   Well, you won't find cigarettes in big bins for 99 cents a pack anymore in the US, at least not in the state that I live in. They are all now kept behind the counter. They go for at least $5.00 USD per pack. With the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement in 1998, the tobacco companies now have to pay the states over $200 billion.  The tobacco lobby used to be very powerful in the US. Not anymore. I kind of wish the NRA would lose it's power too, but I guess people love their guns too much here.

I used to get those as a child. I thought they stopped selling those, here in the US. Where can you still get those?
Shawns

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:49:17 PM

I don´t smoke, it´s unhealthy & waste of money
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 07:51:20 PM

i voted no even tho im vaping. its technically smoking with the nicotine and all Cheesy
jpdorn

Activity: 429
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:19:25 PM

i quit smoking since its verified that smoking cigarretes let you teeth yellow, and kill.
tiffyroman

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:31:50 AM

Never really smoked and never really wanted to try it.
I just don't see the point. However, I respect those who are smoking, except for those people who blow their smoke right at my face. Makes me want to punch them in the face and shove their smoke down their throat.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:40:18 AM

nah and i am not going even if its tempting to try at least once.
I know this is my opinion and that is  your life but i think i have the need to say it and you don't even have to "listen".
You may have smoked a lot through out your life but  Don't you think that you had enough?
You could try to deplete its daily use (unless you have already tried and you just don't care anymore , but i will continue talking either way)
so that you won't smoke so much and at the end you won't even have to smoke again.
Now.. i don't know if its possible. maybe your Body needs it and it could be pretty bad even if you stop smoking.
But don't you want to live a little longer? and Not to live your last days on an oxygen machine or that kind of stuff.
 I don't know if its too late but  i am sure as hell that this is worth trying  because  we are talking about A "life"  and more specifically your life.
Yes people die everyday but even if the rest of the people don't care about your life, maybe you could Care instead of the "the other people ". embrace your life ..
there are still things to do even if you think that you have tried everything or something , You always want to live a little longer , you always want a little more  just like the cigarette .

Anyway , thanks for reading and whatever you decide to do just go for it , this is your life!
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 09:23:11 AM

I smoked all throughout my teenage years and into my early twenties as did most of my friends, It was one of these things that just came about with drinking etc, eventually i stiopped since i wasnt a heavy smoker but would still smoke when having a drink. Most of my friends where heavy smokers and continued past this but i just saw it as pointless and then ended up not even being able to smoke if drunk and now i wouldnt smoke if you paid me. and now due to vaporizors hitting the market, the majority of my friends have now quit smoking altogether and some just vape. I rarely meet real smokers anymore which is a good thing. I think eventually smoking will be wiped out except a few of us who the younger generation will look at like idiots.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: