Bitcoin Forum
August 19, 2024, 10:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. Gov’t Announces Blockchain Healthcare Contest  (Read 408 times)
Posternut (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:59:19 PM

It seems the U.S. government is going all in on blockchain technology, as the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) just announced its distributed ledger contest that applies the technology to healthcare services.

https://news.bitcoin.com/us-government-blockchain-healthcare/
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:13:26 PM

Yeah, right, like I want to help a proven CENTRALIZED government utilize the ONE thing that can be used to break free and rely LESS on.

No thanks, BigGov.  You had your chance and you succumbed to laziness, greed and avarice like all the former great empires.

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
dantanas

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:09:47 PM

Does not seem like a good combination at all.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:21:47 PM

I don't really see how the governmental healthcare program could benefit from incorporating a block chain? Huh  Only use case is like maybe patient records on hospital specific private blockchains. Am I rich now?

Damn. I said it out loud. The internet has it now Cry
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 4633

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:27:04 PM

american healthcare is less about the hospitals and more about the insurance companies.

usually they all hold the same records to know how much premiums to charge people so "sharing" data is actually more common then you may think

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:28:47 PM

Sounds like they're throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Personally I'm waiting for a blockchain cupcake.
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:43:33 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 06:53:47 PM by greenuser

hmmm... British Gov are looking at an NHS Blockchain already and the Benift Agency as well as for finance.
This report is also on our goverments website
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/492972/gs-16-1-distributed-ledger-technology.pdf

"The UK is not alone in recognising the importance of distributed ledger
technologies. Other countries, large and small, are already moving quickly to
adopt distributed ledgers — and the case study of Estonia shows how quickly a
small country with an effective digitally-aware leadership can progress. However,
there is still time for the UK to position itself within this leading group — indeed,
it is essential for it to do so, given the importance of the financial and services
sector to the UK economy."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: