Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:07:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Emercoin  (Read 490 times)
lllDMDlll (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:59:27 PM

What is everyone's thoughts on Emercoin? I know Microsoft has partnered with them on the Microsoft Azure Blockchain service and the price just recently skyrocketed, but I was curious how it compared to coins and like Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum. I am currently thinking about buying some, but would like some outside opinions first.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:39:35 PM

What is everyone's thoughts on Emercoin? I know Microsoft has partnered with them on the Microsoft Azure Blockchain service and the price just recently skyrocketed, but I was curious how it compared to coins and like Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum. I am currently thinking about buying some, but would like some outside opinions first.

I know little about that project so I can't give you an opinion. What I can tell you is the whole "Microsoft Azure partnership" is not really very relevant. Azure is just one more hosting service provider anyone can host a node of any currency in any hosting provider.

Here you have an accurate description of the process by Fluffypony Monero developer who went through the process.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4bs33o/monero_added_to_microsoft_azure_blockchain_as_a/d1c92rk
None of the above.

We contacted them, they told us what we needed to do. It basically consisted of signing a Contributor License Agreement, submitting a PR to the Azure templates Github repo, and sending them a write-up. Took us like 3 or 4 hours:)

All the altcoins saying that Microsoft is "partnering" with them are being disingenuous - you are a partner inasmuch as you have a BizSpark account and signed a CLA.

The upshot of this, however, is that developers that are already using Azure can build applications on top of the Monero blockchain, and are able to spin nodes up quickly and easily.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:56:26 PM

From what I have read Emercoin is a solid project.  It has been around awhile and has stable development.  The price has been performing well also.

I love Bitcoin
lllDMDlll (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:31:12 PM

I know little about that project so I can't give you an opinion. What I can tell you is the whole "Microsoft Azure partnership" is not really very relevant. Azure is just one more hosting service provider anyone can host a node of any currency in any hosting provider.

Here you have an accurate description of the process by Fluffypony Monero developer who went through the process.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4bs33o/monero_added_to_microsoft_azure_blockchain_as_a/d1c92rk
None of the above.

We contacted them, they told us what we needed to do. It basically consisted of signing a Contributor License Agreement, submitting a PR to the Azure templates Github repo, and sending them a write-up. Took us like 3 or 4 hours:)

All the altcoins saying that Microsoft is "partnering" with them are being disingenuous - you are a partner inasmuch as you have a BizSpark account and signed a CLA.

The upshot of this, however, is that developers that are already using Azure can build applications on top of the Monero blockchain, and are able to spin nodes up quickly and easily.

Thanks that explains it a little better. So basically their "partnership" with Microsoft Azure is just a badge they can wear and it does not add to their project, but rather provides a host that has a prestigious name haha
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 09:26:01 PM

None of the above.

Thanks that explains it a little better. So basically their "partnership" with Microsoft Azure is just a badge they can wear and it does not add to their project, but rather provides a host that has a prestigious name haha

This is not entirely true, Emercoin Blockchain Engine has recently become the first blockchain platform to reach the Azure marketplace. So it actually has a use and is being used, unlike many other projects working with Microsoft. See here.

and here:Azure Marketplace
nanonymousx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 06:12:49 AM

From what I heard, EMC is under heavy development, and seems promising.
However, I also feel they want to reinvent the internet. They are doing too many things. But at least, their concept sound reasonable and doable. I will wait until there are meaningful application before jump all in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: