Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just hacked 3 and scammed 3 members.  (Read 4349 times)
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 10:59:09 AM

The admin should really do a force reset of all the passwords, this is going out of controll and need to be stoped right now.
Is it not possible that he simply do a force reset?
The question would be how he could go about doing something like this.
Would he set all the passwords to the same and allow every account on the website to be hacked much easier?
Would he send out user's passwords through E-mail, leaving those without an E-mail linked to their accounts locked out?

Theymos already sent out an email when the leak happened (over a year ago) warning users to change their passwords; I do not think there is not much more he could do without breaking some user's forum experience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TeamCrypto

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 01:20:49 PM

I'm done with the hacking.

This is the final message you will receive from me. Just to confirm; I was not using a leak. I was using a SMF vulnerability that allowed me to get into accounts created between a few specific years & some other requirements.

Good day.
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:27:40 PM

I'm done with the hacking.

This is the final message you will receive from me. Just to confirm; I was not using a leak. I was using a SMF vulnerability that allowed me to get into accounts created between a few specific years & some other requirements.

Good day.

Any credibility to this post?

Seems to be a lot of hacks going on. Did no one provide a signed message for these accounts when received as collateral?
Das

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:24:33 PM

I do not believe someone who has hacked accounts and scammed people would be bold enough to say that publicly, at the risk of getting a permanent ban.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 09:29:55 PM

I do not believe someone who has hacked accounts and scammed people would be bold enough to say that publicly, at the risk of getting a permanent ban.

Banned on what grounds? Its not against the rules to scam someone.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
BigKobasica

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:35:51 PM

Omg what a stupid user opened this topic.Why you scammed him?You are too stupid to earn money alone or what?You can earn thausands $ per month and more you can earn million $ on internet with your hadwork but no you must scam somebody and stole money because you are stupid and lazy.
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:47:40 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 10:13:43 PM by Jhanzo

Hacking, maybe?  Although the rule is not written anywhere I doubt it is allowed.
I actually thought OP already got banned for this.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 09:52:01 PM

Hacking, maybe?  Although the rule is not written anywhere I doubt it is allowed.

Hacking the forum is actually allowed (as long as you follow some guidelines) and might even get you rewarded. Hacking a user account, e.g. through phishing isnt punished AFAIK. The hacked user may not get the account back, because its unclear who the original owner is.

FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:56:15 PM

You make it sounds as if scamming is a good thing to do. Hacked accounts are getting banned though.
I have been reporting hacked accounts and a staff member(not mentioning names) has banned the accounts.
If there is no rule for it, staff members should decide by themselves what is needed to do.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 10:00:41 PM

You make it sounds as if scamming is a good thing to do.

Im sorry you think so.

Hacked accounts are getting banned though.
I have been reporting hacked accounts and a staff member(not mentioning names) has banned the accounts.
If there is no rule for it, staff members should decide by themselves what is needed to do.

I doubt that an account gets banned just for "its hacked".

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 10:02:43 PM

That depends. IIRC some hacked accounts have been banned (once the original owner has provided sufficient proof) by staff to prevent their misuse.
I somewhat doubt this is the case with some of these accounts however, since I remember seeing some of then didn't have a staked address.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 10:03:56 PM

That depends. IIRC some hacked accounts have been banned (once the original owner has provided sufficient proof) by staff to prevent their misuse.
I somewhat doubt this is the case with some of these accounts however, since I remember seeing some of then didn't have a staked address.

In which case its just one step in the restoring process and the account is not actually "banned", but rather "locked".

FruitsBasket
Legendary

Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:04:30 PM

Im sorry you think so.

Three  accounts that were hacked by robertt were banned, I don't know if they still are banned.
I could provide you proof if you want, since I still have the PM from the staff member. I think the ban was deserves since robertt was going full delusional.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 10:10:16 PM

Im sorry you think so.

Three  accounts that were hacked by robertt were banned, I don't know if they still are banned.
I could provide you proof if you want, since I still have the PM from the staff member. I think the ban was deserves since robertt was going full delusional.

All Im saying is that there is very likely more to it. Otherwise its too easy to get someone banned when no one was actually hacked. Admins (and maybe globals now as well?) also have additional information that might help them decide (like e.g. IP addresses).

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:44:14 PM

Im sorry you think so.

All Im saying is that there is very likely more to it. Otherwise its too easy to get someone banned when no one was actually hacked. Admins (and maybe globals now as well?) also have additional information that might help them decide (like e.g. IP addresses).
The hacker was using the stolen DB from the hack last year. He is stupid enough to leave a lot of information about himself so it is fairly easy to confirm when he actually hacked an account (plus the fact that an account's PW was not changed since the hack.

The hacker isn't even using a VPN, and most likely purchased the DB fairly recently. He is nothing more then a script kiddy.
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 12:20:50 AM

You scammed me, you will pay, I will find you, and I will kill you

Whoa extreminitey.  Sorry for your loss but you know you can get banned for death threats, right?

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 01:19:01 AM

Whoa extreminitey.  Sorry for your loss but you know you can get banned for death threats, right?
explicitly, if death threats for trolling, and completely unreasonable.
and Ypii, you need not to use death threat to vent your anger, because Robertt is being furious about something he hate - which is similar to my case when i was new.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Decoded
Legendary

Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 01:43:26 AM

Whoa extreminitey.  Sorry for your loss but you know you can get banned for death threats, right?
explicitly, if death threats for trolling, and completely unreasonable.
and Ypii, you need not to use death threat to vent your anger, because Robertt is being furious about something he hate - which is similar to my case when i was new.

You could say it's not a death threat, but a movie reference. No harm done there.

Hope Epochtalk comes out soon, sick off Robertt exploiting SMF. I do remember the time when he was cool and did lots of good stuff for the forum.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:01:45 AM

Hacking, maybe?  Although the rule is not written anywhere I doubt it is allowed.

Hacking the forum is actually allowed (as long as you follow some guidelines) and might even get you rewarded. Hacking a user account, e.g. through phishing isnt punished AFAIK. The hacked user may not get the account back, because its unclear who the original owner is.

This kind of justification is sad and clearly shows a lack of desire for truth in you, or a rebellion to need to try to attempt to bend the truth to suit your will.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 07:18:13 AM

Hacking, maybe?  Although the rule is not written anywhere I doubt it is allowed.

This kind of justification is sad and clearly shows a lack of desire for truth in you, or a rebellion to need to try to attempt to bend the truth to suit your will.

You are funny. The forum having a reward system for hacks[1] is a good thing, because it gives those smart enough to actually find and exploit a bug to report it to theymos and not sell it to someone else. I dont know why you think an account should be restored without proper proof or what that has to do with my desires for "truth". Whos truth are you talking about anyway?

-snip-
The hacker was using the stolen DB from the hack last year. He is stupid enough to leave a lot of information about himself so it is fairly easy to confirm when he actually hacked an account (plus the fact that an account's PW was not changed since the hack.

The hacker isn't even using a VPN, and most likely purchased the DB fairly recently. He is nothing more then a script kiddy.

Is that known? I still have to catch up on recent events (yes even things months ago). I wonder what the database costs and howmuch rockyou.txt[2] with good rules can get out of it. I would assume a large portion was breached quickly after the attack.

[1] Yes, I know, but its the commonly used term and Im lazy right now.
[2] https://wiki.skullsecurity.org/Passwords

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: