Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:13:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predict the price: Halving day 2020  (Read 16235 times)
Lombard

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:00:25 AM

I predict that on the day of the halving in 2020 the bitcoin price will be $1666.

if bitcoin will be alive til that day, i think that price should be around 2000$, of course it might and probably will be larger than that, maybe like 3500$

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:37:51 PM

I think it will be more than two thousand, probably something around 3k USD.

Awesome username.. Just sayin..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:27:08 PM

See that all predict same from 2k to 3k
Seem to be realistic in that time and quite possible

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
0day

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:14:39 PM

I predict that on the day of the halving in 2020 the bitcoin price will be $1666.

if bitcoin will be alive til that day, i think that price should be around 2000$, of course it might and probably will be larger than that, maybe like 3500$

You are right that in 2020 we can expect the price at $2000, but at the point of bitcoin's survival you are at wrong, bitcoin is becoming amore stronger currency with each passing day and it is sure that it will be among us till the end of the day.

Hire me for your campaign management
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:30:33 AM

You are right that in 2020 we can expect the price at $2000, but at the point of bitcoin's survival you are at wrong, bitcoin is becoming amore stronger currency with each passing day and it is sure that it will be among us till the end of the day.
I would say that was a great prediction and too conservative, if the price will rise before the end of this year we can easily achieve that price and we may even surpass it with the continues adoption will continue.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:37:13 AM

I would say that was a great prediction and too conservative, if the price will rise before the end of this year we can easily achieve that price and we may even surpass it with the continues adoption will continue.

how are you so sure of that? there are no guarantees when it comes to bitcoin. it's better to let the price touch $1000 first, before speculating about prices higher than that. it just doesn't make sense. especially when you consider the fact that it took us so long to get where we are right now. $2000 is not part of the question at this point. by far not.
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:40:10 PM

how are you so sure of that? there are no guarantees when it comes to bitcoin. it's better to let the price touch $1000 first, before speculating about prices higher than that. it just doesn't make sense. especially when you consider the fact that it took us so long to get where we are right now. $2000 is not part of the question at this point. by far not.

It makes sense for us, for the preparation of bitcoin at that time (2020) is up/spread all over the world and if everyone or the majority of people are already using bitcoin. then the number of existing bitcoin is very less and after it happens something rising prices are very high because supplies are limited. And certainly the price of bitcoin $ 2 k +
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:48:00 AM

Come on... why so conservative?
My prediction is between 5 and 10 ten times that. So:

$8,330 < BTC < $16,660

I cuncur..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:53:41 AM

I predict that the Bitcoin price will probably be around $2020!
It's a good amount for Bitcoin to go or and a doubling of the price is expected towards the halving.
There will also be more trust built up against the coin in this time making it used by more and it may be accepted by sites like Google and Apple if it get more government approval.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:12:42 AM

This is still too far away. I'm sure there will be no one who dared to predict how bitcoin prices during the year. still a lot that can happen, but I predict that bitcoin is definitely better and grow in the future

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:00:47 PM

It's a good amount for Bitcoin to go or and a doubling of the price is expected towards the halving.
There will also be more trust built up against the coin in this time making it used by more and it may be accepted by sites like Google and Apple if it get more government approval.

I am more optimistic about the price of bitcoin in 2020.

The price of bitcoin will double every year. So the price will be 16 times higher or about $9,000 in 2020.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:08:19 PM

I am more optimistic about the price of bitcoin in 2020.

The price of bitcoin will double every year. So the price will be 16 times higher or about $9,000 in 2020.

Its good to think that the bitcointalk  community see my prediction as pessamistic (i connot correct that spelling), but it does mean that the price should rise quite a bit. If you are correct then my current 0.2BTC earnt mainly from this forum will be worth a lot more.

Also, I have not seen the price doulble every year. In the past year it did increase by around x2.5 usd value. Before then it was stuck at $220-$280.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 03:31:44 PM

I predict the price would stay at above $1000 in 2020 and i'm with that due in 2020 we will face next halving so the price would rise before or after half this is the fact so invest your money in bitcoin now. don't regret when see we are fly in da moon.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 03:53:50 PM

although 2020 is too far and it is really difficult to predict about bitcoin just before 5 year, but still i am agree with you and hope that bitcoin will really cross the 2500 USD at that time.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:55:36 PM

In the meantime there is no such special events similar to bitcoin halving till the day of halving. Probably by 2020 I expect the price to be around $850 to $1000.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 05:12:41 PM

I predict when halving happen again in 2020, the price must be above $1000, it's likely occur before halving the price has to be around $1000, so that when halving occurs it becomes more like your prediction of about $1666
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:03:47 PM

I think we cannot predict bitcoin prices for 4 years after. The price of bitcoin changes so often that it is impossible to determine the exact price.
A rough estimate can be 10 times the price of bitcoin now can be possible.
StoreBit

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:58:20 PM

i think it is too early to predict about the bitcoin after halving in 2020 because the halving has passes recently, if we predict the incoming having in 2o2o from the result of previous halving i will like to say that there will no special effect on the price of bitcoin and hope that bitcoin will be trading above 2500 USD level.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 09:08:07 PM

With no exponential run before that? Pinpointing a price during a time when I think we'll be perhaps the most volatile is hard, but I'll go with $26,500.

Elwar, have you read the Efficient Market Hypothesis and anything of Mandelbrot? I don't think the markets are efficient or follow rational distribution 100% of the time. The standard deviation was 27 on the stock market crash in 1987. People are very prone to being irrational, both when markets are doing well and when they start to crash. I think we're no more than four years removed from the next major Bitcoin price event that will be quite irrational, and let's be honest, we're likely to see moves that are similarly if not suspiciously irrational before then as well, just like the rise from $5 in early 2012 to $15 in August 2012 was. In fact, if I had to put us anywhere on a cycle, it would be the equivalent of the Fall/Winter of 2012, just around the time of the last halvening.

It remains to be seen if we'll see new mining equipment that could exponentialize the growth over the course of 2017, but as I have commented in other threads, a market cap of single-digit billions for what Bitcoin already is claimed to be is paltry.
Bitmore

Activity: 413

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 10:27:45 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 12:04:35 AM by Bitmore

Call me a pessimist,( or maybe that is optimist) but I think there will be at least one and perhaps several corrections, economic crisis, wars and political developments that will push BTC to well over $100k.

-Death of the Petrodollar, usd no longer the only world reserve currency
-Negative interest rates (now being discussed at the Bank of Scotland)
-financial collapse in the Chinese banking system, as well as the US, either of which would trigger the other.
-War.  Middle East, threatening the flow of oil.  Europe, with Russia making a move on Ukraine and/or Baltics.  South China Sea, with China establishing aggressive territorial waters disputes.
-And about 20 other scenarios that could require a move to safety in crypto currency.

Yup, happy days are here again as the world burns and all us Bitcoin owners become billionaires.  

The one thing that is for sure is that the dollar will lose value.

http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-impending-global-negative-interest.html

"It is precisely at this point that digital assets and currencies like Bitcoin will begin to gain serious traction with small businesses and consumers. Bitcoin has a fixed supply and can’t be inflated away at the stroke of a pen. The coming global negative interest rate environment bodes very well for the future of Bitcoin and digital assets outside the legacy financial system. "

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: