Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 09:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help need  (Read 415 times)
gambino (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:38:36 PM

Hello
By mistake i've send BTC to my old electrum wallet for which i don't remember my password (and don't have saved the seeds)

Can someone give me a easy to use brute force software with which i can find my password?
I've tried with btcrecover, but as i see it doesn't work with electrum wallet (i've made new wallet with password pass and i've tried to brute force it - no result)

I don't know is it matter but the default_wallet file was created on 18.03.2015 (with older electrum wallet)

Thanks in advance
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:45:29 PM

Hello
By mistake i've send BTC to my old electrum wallet for which i don't remember my password (and don't have saved the seeds)

Can someone give me a easy to use brute force software with which i can find my password?
I've tried with btcrecover, but as i see it doesn't work with electrum wallet (i've made new wallet with password pass and i've tried to brute force it - no result)

I don't know is it matter but the default_wallet file was created on 18.03.2015 (with older electrum wallet)

Thanks in advance

Hi,

do you remember at least the length of the password (and if there were number or special characters)?
gambino (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 01:16:57 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance

Hi,

do you remember at least the length of the password (and if there were number or special characters)?

I think i used this model: first character is Upper or Lowercase after that several lowercase characters and maybe in the end i've places one or three special characters

example:
Password&
password&&&
 [ main ]

edit: the length should be between 8 and 12 characters and i have three variants of [main]

and all this is in case i haven't used the seed as a password Smiley
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 01:39:24 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I think i used this model: first character is Upper or Lowercase after that several lowercase characters and maybe in the end i've places one or three special characters

example:
Password&
password&&&
 [ main ]

edit: the length should be between 8 and 12 characters and i have three variants of [main]

and all this is in case i haven't used the seed as a password Smiley

Try with this script :

Are Electrum wallets doable as well? I've lost my pass and seed. Couldn't even get a dump with pywallet and an electrum.dat file.

Bounty for anyone who can help of course.

Sure, I can do Electrum.  Their key stretching has an interesting flaw.  This script exploits it to get a few hundred times speedup compared to simple brute force.

My help is free but tips are always welcome.  I suggest 15%, just like tipping your waiter.  Smiley

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ruby
require 'base64'
require 'digest/sha2'
require 'open3'
require 'openssl'

# Double substitution for Electrum

# Put your best guess at your passphrase here
passphrase = 'Oops I forgot'

# The full path to your electrum.dat or default_wallet
wallet_file = '/home/revalin/.electrum/wallets/default_wallet'

# Where to find Electrum.  Use 1.9.2!  Older versions may be incompatible.
$electrum = '/home/revalin/Electrum-1.9.2/electrum'

def test(phrase)
  $cipher.reset
  $cipher.key = Digest::SHA256.digest(Digest::SHA256.digest(phrase))
  $cipher.update $seed
  $cipher.final
  puts phrase
  i,o,t = Open3.popen2e($electrum, "-o", "getseed")
  i.puts(phrase)
  i.close
  if t.value.success?
    puts "Found it! #{phrase}"
    exit
  end
rescue OpenSSL::Cipher::CipherError
end

def scramble(passphrase)
  characters = " !\"\#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~"
  list = []

# transpose adjacent chars
  (passphrase.length - 1).times do |i|
    testphrase = passphrase.dup
    testphrase[i] = passphrase[i+1]
    testphrase[i+1] = passphrase[i]
    list << testphrase
  end

# delete one char
  passphrase.length.times do |i|
    testphrase = testphrase[0,i] + testphrase[(i+1)..-1]
    list << testphrase
  end

# substitutute one char
  passphrase.length.times do |i|
    characters.chars.each do |c|
      testphrase[i] = c
      list << testphrase
    end
  end

# insert one char
  (passphrase.length + 1).times do |i|
    characters.chars.each do |c|
      testphrase.insert(i, c)
      list << testphrase
    end
  end

return list.uniq
end

wallet = File.read(wallet_file)
seed_base64 = wallet.match(/'seed': '([^']+)'/).captures.first
$seed = Base64.decode64(seed_base64)
$cipher = OpenSSL::Cipher.new('aes-256-cbc')
$cipher.iv = $seed.slice!(0,16)
Dir.chdir File.dirname $electrum
list1 = scramble(passphrase)
list1.each { |i| test i }
list1.each { |i| scramble(i).each { |j| test j }}
puts "No luck."
exit 1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: