Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGMiner vs Pool reporting different Kh/s  (Read 2321 times)
coues (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 05:44:44 PM

Hello,

I am new to this community and mining in general so all help is appreciated.

I am using cgminer and litecoinpool. I notice that cgminer reports around 500 kh/s where as the pool shows 200-220 kh/s. I have been running this for 2 days just to see if they would balance out and they are consistently different. The pool shows roughly half the cgminer stats. Why is this? Am I missing something? Is this typical behavior? All of the posts I found say it should be really close.

single 7970 I-15, no OC.

Thanks again for your help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MeatPopsicle

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 05:53:26 PM

Well in most cases the hashrate your card is doing can fluctuate. There may be stale work and other factors so usually the pools display an average over the last $foo minutes. However, that wouldn't explain quite that large of a discrepancy that I can think of
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 06:18:39 PM

Really kh/s?

coues (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 08:25:57 PM

Gabi, I am not sure what you are asking. kH/s?

Meat thanks for the thoughts. That is basically what I had gathered from others posts. Any idea how to fix this?
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 08:36:11 PM

Meat thanks for the thoughts. That is basically what I had gathered from others posts. Any idea how to fix this?

Because if you really only make some kh/s, u might consider not mining at all. I am a n00b but do around 1300 mh/s...
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 08:49:13 PM

Because if you really only make some kh/s, u might consider not mining at all. I am a n00b but do around 1300 mh/s...
OP is mining litecoins, and GPU hashrate for scrypt/litecoin is about 1000 times less than the same GPU's bitcoin/sha256 hashrate.

500 kh/s GPU mining litecoins is *about* 500 MH/s GPU mining bitcoins.

As for the original question, have you tried using a different pool?  I would also check your stale/reject rate; a high stale/reject rate would indicate some sort of problem and might explain why the pool is reporting the speed much lower than your miner program.

The 3rd hashrate stat in cgminer should be the average hashrate based on shares the pool accepted.  I'd try switching pools if this number is significantly different than what the pool is reporting for your speed. (check the pool's reported speed a few times; most pools don't show an all-time average like cgminer does so the instantaneous speed could be different than your average)
drutism

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:15:57 PM

Yeah, if you guys notice he says "litecoinpool".  OP I always trust the cgminer reading, because the site is really just an estimate for when you don't have physical access to your machine.
coues (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 03:32:09 PM

mitty, I switched pools last night and the pool increased slightly. My reject rate is under 1%. I ran it all night and it is still about the same. If the pool is only reporting half of the effort, is the payout based on the pool reporting?
tycho

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 03:37:48 PM

Hello,

I am new to this community and mining in general so all help is appreciated.

I am using cgminer and litecoinpool. I notice that cgminer reports around 500 kh/s where as the pool shows 200-220 kh/s. I have been running this for 2 days just to see if they would balance out and they are consistently different. The pool shows roughly half the cgminer stats. Why is this? Am I missing something? Is this typical behavior? All of the posts I found say it should be really close.

single 7970 I-15, no OC.

Thanks again for your help!

No it's not typical. I've been mining litecoins at the same pool and my stats match.
coues (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:27:14 PM

Hmm, would this be an routing issue or a config issue? Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
FarmerGreene

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:46:24 PM

The hashrate displayed by the pool is guestimated by mathing the number of shares you've submitted recently against the average hashes per share.  If you're really lucky it will be high.  If you're really unlucky, it will be low.

Having mined on deepbit.net for years, by memory it's usually within 5% +/-.  The one exception was when I had a GPU that went "weird" when the kids played Call of Duty while it was mining.  Poclbm said it "working" but never hitting any shares.  A reboot fixed it.  After that, I scheduled daily automatic reboots and monthly disassemble-and-clean-with-air-compressor.

Cheers.
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:56:22 PM

mitty, I switched pools last night and the pool increased slightly. My reject rate is under 1%. I ran it all night and it is still about the same. If the pool is only reporting half of the effort, is the payout based on the pool reporting?
Yeah; your payout is based on what the pool is reporting since that's how much valid work the pool is seeing from you. (assuming their statistics are being calculated properly)
How many litecoins have you been making?  Try using this calculator: http://www.litecoinpool.org/calc
You're probably fine if you're making about what the calculator says you should be making.

Can you post a screenshot of your cgminer?  Also, what arguments/config file options are you starting cgminer with?
Try cleaning the dust out of your GPU fan(s) and make sure fan is running at 85-100% (unless you're underclocking the card).  Cgminer should be able to automatically overclock and control the fan speed of your card.
coues (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:53:14 PM

I have now tried 3 pools, all with the same result. Pools are all showing about 50% of what cgminer shows.

I will post screenshots and config options tonight.

Thanks for all your help.
coues (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:43:07 AM

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/2486/cgminer.jpg

Config:

cgminer --scrypt -o ltc.kattare.com:9332 -u xxx -p xxx --shaders 2048 --intensity 17 --worksize 256 -g 1

As stated I have used 3 pools to have the same result. Which is about 50% of what cg miner is reporting.
sappy44

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:31:56 AM

Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same problem.
bilibox

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:40:19 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/2486/cgminer.jpg

Config:

cgminer --scrypt -o ltc.kattare.com:9332 -u xxx -p xxx --shaders 2048 --intensity 17 --worksize 256 -g 1

As stated I have used 3 pools to have the same result. Which is about 50% of what cg miner is reporting.

Not sure if you figured this out but look at HW ... It should be 0 thats probably why the hash rate is so low
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: