Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:07:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN - LEOcoin - Official LEOcoin thread (moderated by LEOcoin Foundation)  (Read 90449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (9 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 03:39:24 PM

Hi,

I am part of the Blocknet community and checking if LeoCoin would be compatible with the upcoming Blocknet decentralized exchange.

I was wondering if you support BIP65 (OP_checklocktimeverify) and have a bitcoin stock JSON RPC API?
If so, completely trustless atomic cross chain transactions with other coins are possible through the Blocknet DX.

Hi Boudesj, I have forwarded your question to our development team. I let you know asap.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Community Manager
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 04:41:37 PM

Addition regarding the UPGRADE:

The LEOcoin Upgrade is here
The new LEOcoin Upgrade brings a new world of technology to the blockchain and adds new features to LEOcoin. These new features mean that there are things that LEOcoin wallets can now do, that do not exist in any digital currency in the world. The LEOcoin Upgrade is a leap forward for how people can use Digital Currency.

Now, LEOcoin wallets can be used to communicate privately with other LEOcoin wallets. This change turns the communications industry on its head and creates a new way of communicating privately using digital currency wallets.

Also, LEOcoin wallets can now send LEOcoin privately to any other LEOcoin wallet in the world.

These two improvements, combined with the innovative approach of LEOcoin to Proof of Stake, mean that LEOcoin can now do things in ways that no other digital currency can. Backed by the LEOcoin Foundation, the technology behind LEOcoin is once again leading the sector.

What do you need to do?

If you are a LEO Member and hold all of your LEOcoin on the LEO Back Office, then you must log into the LEOcoin Member Platform and choose to Upgrade your LEOcoins.

If you hold all of your LEOcoin on external exchanges like LIVEcoin, DABTC or LEOxChange, then you do not need to do anything. Your LEOcoins will be automatically upgraded.

If you hold any LEOcoins on an external desktop wallet or a mobile wallet, you need to download the new LEOcoin wallet. This new wallet is already available for download on this page. Once you have a new wallet, you need to go to http://upgrade.leocoin.org/ and swap your old LEOcoins for new LEOcoins. There is no need to uninstall the previous V2.1.2 LEOcoin wallet from your computer as there is no conflict with the new V3 wallet, and you will need both wallets to be online and synced for the Upgrade.

You must complete this process by 21 July 2017.

After that date, synchronizing your previous V2 LEOcoin wallets will become increasingly harder to achieve, due to technical reasons related to V2 wallet code (nFactor).

Due to this change and the fact that nodes will stop supporting the V2 blockchain, it is imperative that you upgrade your LEOcoins to the new V3 wallet on time. By not upgrading on time, you risk long synchronization delays of your V2 wallet that can result in complete loss of your coins.

The Upgraded public blockchain is here: http://insight.leocoin.org/

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
gginn

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:21:08 PM

CryptoCoinsNews PR https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com
jure13

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:43:10 AM

What can we do if we couldn't upgrade leocoins before Jul 21 2017?

I have sent the old leocoins to my upgrade address before Jul 21, but apparently because my wallet was out of sync the transfer has not been executed. For the past 3 days the wallet has been synchronizing very slowly, but today is stuck on 66%. I have also tried to transfer leocoins in begining of July, but because I had troubles I sent email to Leocoin support but never got any reply. Now I'm stuck with no leocoins in my wallet (with unconfirmed transfer of my old leocoins to the new address).

Official Leocoin announcement says the old leocoins would be useless after Jul 21. You cannot just wipe out people's money like that! The lack of user support, poor user guides, and such unprofessional attitude towards leocoin users (arbitrary wiping out their coins after some date) made me very untrustful towards this currency. I won't want to deal with it anymore.
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 11:35:26 AM

What can we do if we couldn't upgrade leocoins before Jul 21 2017?

Official Leocoin announcement says the old leocoins would be useless after Jul 21. You cannot just wipe out people's money like that!

This statement is incorrect. Your LEOcoins are still valid and can still be Upgraded, provided they are in your wallet. Please PM me so we can look into this.

for the official statement about the Upgrade, see LEOcoin.org

Update: I send you a PM with the steps to solve your issue.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 10:27:55 AM

Read our new non-technical white paper here: http://bit.ly/2uxikp3

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
bigbang10

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:28:05 PM

Can anyone please help me understand how to transfer money from old ewallet, and where to find new one to download as on leocoin.org i can't find anything to downlad latest version:

How to actaully stake LCs so i get yearly interest on them?
Please anyone PM me thanks.
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 05:04:56 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2017, 07:17:05 PM by LEOcoin Foundation

Can anyone please help me understand how to transfer money from old ewallet, and where to find new one to download as on leocoin.org i can't find anything to downlad latest version:

How to actaully stake LCs so i get yearly interest on them?
Please anyone PM me thanks.

The new mobile wallets are still under development. If the new versions come out, we will communicate this on the forums and social media. The new mobile wallet will not be able to upgrade your coins. As most, if not all, exchanges have already upgraded, you can now only migrate your coins by using the old an the new desktop wallets.

For this, send your mobile wallet LEOcoins to a version 2x wallet and follow the upgrade instructions on upgrade.leocoin.org. As the nfactor change is getting closer, please hurry to upgrade. If you do not manage to synchronize your V2 wallet, please send me a PM, so we can work out a solution with our support team.

Staking is very easy, but does not work on mobile wallets, because you need the full blockchain in order to stake and mobile wallets have limited storage. This means you can only stake LEOcoin on desktop wallets. Desktop wallets have the option to unlock your wallet for staking only. This means you can stake, but still have your coins secure. To receive stake, the minimum amount of LEOcoin in your wallet must be over 1,000 LEOcoin.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 06:58:20 AM

For those who have not synchronized their V2 wallets for a while, please use this fairly recent blockchain copy for manual install: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZrOTiZgG1bCTqsorpC6B6CEx2wAy7PNBLV

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 06:47:07 AM

For users of the LEOxChange ...

Please notice, that - for now - the LEOxChange does not support the BCC that will come after the BTC split on Tuesday 1st of August 2017. In case you have BTC balance on LEOxChange and wish to get Bitcoin cash, please withdraw them to your private BTC wallet, so you can use your own keys to get your BCC. Another option is to move your BTC to another exchange that does support BCC trading.

As LEOcoin Foundation we watch the Bitcoin developments around the BCC hard-fork, the BIP141 (SegWit) and SegWitX2 closely, but do not officially comment. On a personal note, I hope the best - meaning the most democratic and decentral - solution will have the longest chain. As BTC, next to the ETH and WAVES platforms, are exemplary for the digital currency ecology, I hope all turns out the best for the community as a whole.

*addition* Alternatively, you can simply use your BTC to purchase LEOcoin ...  Wink

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:40:54 AM

what's up ?

Blockchain and wallets all run fine. the 'glitches' at some exchanges are caused by traders. Probably profit taking to buy more BTC, now the splitstorm is over ... for the next few months, then Segwit2x also includes a hard forking.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
priestc

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:40:31 PM

http://insight.leo2moon.com/ seems to be down. Is this service still maintained? I want to add LEOcoin to my software project, but I need a working API service in order to add it.
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 09:08:12 AM

http://insight.leo2moon.com/ seems to be down. Is this service still maintained? I want to add LEOcoin to my software project, but I need a working API service in order to add it.

The current official blockexplorer is this one: https://insight.leocoin.org/

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 09:24:27 AM

This is a good coin with a lot of merchants listed on their website but why trusted members of this forum still consider this an mlm and a ponzi scheme, the developer has a lot of red tag in his name quite annoying to see those red tag , dev should do something about that.

Addressed

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:38:06 AM

This is a good coin with a lot of merchants listed on their website but why trusted members of this forum still consider this an mlm and a ponzi scheme, the developer has a lot of red tag in his name quite annoying to see those red tag , dev should do something about that.
but leo coin is mlm, the people give redtag to the dev dont need evidence in order to be proven scam. I just look into their website and there is a registration fee.
HHWlife

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:26:04 AM

just wondering whats the diff between total supply vs. max supply as far as how do you apportion how many coins to go where for how long, etc. when will max supply be issued and why then. thanks.
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 06:51:12 AM

but leo coin is mlm, the people give redtag to the dev dont need evidence in order to be proven scam. I just look into their website and there is a registration fee.

LEOcoin is a digital currency and could be mined by anyone from the start, is freely tradeable since april 2015 and moved to a PoS mechanism in 2016. The LEOcoin Foundation is a British social community interest company and a not-for-profit organisation. The LEOcoin Foundation does neither sell products or coins.

Biased users who have a grudge against LEOcoin have been trolling ever since; meanwhile, LEOcoin is a stable top-100 crypto currency with a growing user base in both the crypto as mlm world.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 07:52:29 AM

Your statement is incorrect, see my post above. LEOcoin is a digital currency. LEO Ltd. is a British organisation that works in the field of online learning and education.

For my stance on these issues, please read the old thread.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 07:54:27 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 04:47:15 PM by LEOcoin Foundation

just wondering whats the diff between total supply vs. max supply as far as how do you apportion how many coins to go where for how long, etc. when will max supply be issued and why then. thanks.

The LEOcoin blockchain uses the X11 hashing algorithm and Proof-of-Stake (PoS) as a coin creation mechanism. Further specifications:

•   Total coinage: 1 billion coin cap.
•   Ticker: LEO
•   Block time: 1 minute
•   Difficulty retarget 15 blocks
•   Stake Interest: 10-20%
•   Staking time: 60 blocks
•   Minimum Stake Age, 24 hours, One Year Max age
•   LEOcoin source code (GitHub) https://github.com/Leocoin-project/LEOcoin

For the LEOcoin distribution, please read: http://www.leocoinfoundation.org/LEOcoinDistribution.aspx

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
HHWlife

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:24:13 PM

Your statement is incorrect, see my post above. LEOcoin is a digital currency. LEO Ltd. is a British organisation that works in the field of online learning and education.

For my stance on these issues, please read the old thread.

whats LEO stand for? Is it an acronym or someones name?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: