Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:32:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFlog - Flog your stuff for Bitcoins  (Read 1167 times)
jayjay (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:51:13 PM

Hi guys,

I love Bitcoin and I like working on little projects so here is something I put together and still working on for the community (after browsing Gumtree Cheesy):

www.bitflog.com

It's a classifieds ads site where you can list your items for sale. Prices in USD, EUR and GBP are automatically converted into Bitcoin. It's very rough round the edges but it's a start. Your suggestions are welcome! Especially on the categories that should or should not be there.

Cheers,
Jay

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:52:46 PM

Would love to jump into this project with you. Got a few great ideas bubbling around. PM me if interested.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:59:20 PM

Hi guys,

I love Bitcoin and I like working on little projects so here is something I put together and still working on for the community (after browsing Gumtree Cheesy):

www.bitflog.com

It's a classifieds ads site where you can list your items for sale. Prices in USD, EUR and GBP are automatically converted into Bitcoin. It's very rough round the edges but it's a start. Your suggestions are welcome! Especially on the categories that should or should not be there.

Cheers,
Jay

You should probably get in the WoT and have a look here.

Also, where's the flogging? I came here expecting to see rosy bums.  Sad

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:41:34 PM

I don't understand why you're hiding yourself in this project, it looks like just a free listing to me. Are you scared of other people linking you to this service which I'm not seeing any issue ?
jayjay (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:38:43 PM

You should probably get in the WoT and have a look here.

Also, where's the flogging? I came here expecting to see rosy bums.  Sad

Sure, I will, and thank you. Although I guess this is probably less critical since the project is free for anyone and there is no registration required to post listings. I have read the post that you are referring to but I am not treating this as a business at the moment and I do not expect to make money out of it (unless of course there is an opportunity down the line).

'To flog' comes from British slang meaning 'to sell', hence the name of the website given that I'm in the UK. Sorry, no rosy bums there! Smiley

I don't understand why you're hiding yourself in this project, it looks like just a free listing to me. Are you scared of other people linking you to this service which I'm not seeing any issue ?

I don't quite understand what it means when you say that I am hiding but if you want to know why I haven't posted my full name and surname - yes, I wouldn't want to advertise to google search all my side projects in Bitcoin given that my conventional job and the industry, which I work in, would not appreciate it much. You know how HR people google you before the interview... I am more than happy to let those interested know in pm so they can verify my identity but it's a project that I am doing for free, for fun and I see no harm in that. I hope people will appreciate this...  Smiley
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:03:12 PM

Sure, I will, and thank you. Although I guess this is probably less critical since the project is free for anyone and there is no registration required to post listings. I have read the post that you are referring to but I am not treating this as a business at the moment and I do not expect to make money out of it (unless of course there is an opportunity down the line).

Well, if you're going to be handling people's coins, either personally or by proxy, it doesn't really matter whether you personally consider it to be a business or have a plan to profit right now. Establishing yourself and your trustworthiness first is one route, expecting people to trust you based on nothing more than whatever impression they get from your posts is another. There are only these two routes, and the latter tends to attract the uninformed, if anyone at all.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: